Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have been having problems with the Treo 600 hotsync.
    For some reasons, the pictures are not transferred into my PC.
    When I checked the Log report, it showed that the hotsync was succesfull.
    Anyone can help?

Thanks,
    zevo
    Have you checked your hotsync settings?
    make sure you place the pictures in the:

c:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\"user name"\Transfer\

if you place them in any other folder, it will not sync.....Hope that helps!
    Also note that it will not sync pictures on the SD card, only RAM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I checked all the options. I think the set up is correct.
    It will not transferred the pics from the treo to my PC.
    Should I call Treo support?
    Did you go into the HotSync manager, <click> 'Custom', then your user name? What is the setting for Treo Pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by zevo
    I checked all the options. I think the set up is correct.
    It will not transferred the pics from the treo to my PC.
    Should I call Treo support?

Hmm.. I just noticed that pics in my transfer folder are not synching either?! All my conduit and hotsync settngs are correct but it still isn't working? Hmmm...will report back later after more investigation...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hmm.. I just noticed that pics in my transfer folder are not synching either?! All my conduit and hotsync settngs are correct but it still isn't working? Hmmm...will report back later after more investigation...
    Maybe a stupid question...
    Are you guys sure you are using the bundled hotsync application?
    I reinstalled my PC a few weeks ago, and couldn't find my Treo600 CD. However I found my Tungsten W CD, and installed the hotsync application meant for the W. Everything works OK, EXCEPT that no pictures are hotsync'ed (the log says sync OK).

I have now found the T600 CD, so I'll replace the hotsync app this weekend.

/Christopher
    dunno what to say...but it has always and still works for me!!

After I take a picture with my treo. I hotsync with my PC. Then go to:
    c:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\"user name"\Unfiled\ to find the pictures.

After I edit the pics with photoshop, I then place them in:
    c:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\"user name"\Transfer\ and hotsync again to put them back onto my Treo's RAM.

I'm using the HotSync Manager 4.1.0 that came with the Treo 600 CD.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi guys,
    I used the CD that comes with the phone. I wonder if my cd is corrupted.
    Do you know where I can download the software through the internet?
    I think I should try this.
    Thanks,
    zevo
    Also double-check the Backup Settings in the Picture app itself on your Treo.
    1. Go to Picture App
    2. Menu->Prefs
    3. Backup Settings
    4. Mark the checkbox for backing up pics during hotsync
    Anybody figure this out? My pictures aren't syncing either. I have the backup settings set correctly but there is nothing recent in my C:\Palm\Treo Pictures\<hotsync id>\Personal directories.

I also don't have a Treo Pictures when I open my HotSync manager as mentioned above.

Thanks
    that means u might not have the hotsync apps for treo600 specific (if u do not have the treo pictures when you open your hotsync mgr) thou.
    Yup - superfire is accurate. It is not the Backup conduit that moves images to your pc; it is the Treo Pictures conduit. If you do not see this conduit listed in the HotSync | Custom menu and set to the default "Synchronize the files", it is not installed or running.

If you have a Mac, there is no included conduit. Using an SD card is the best method or you can buy the Missing Sync from www.markspace.com.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Do you know if they have the conduit for windows?
    I still have the same problems.

Thanks,
    zevo
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I found that if you hotsync pictures over, delete the pictures from the phone and then take some more pictures, the new pictures will not hotsync to the computer.

In essence, hotsync will not overwrite the old pics with the new pics with the same name.

Example: take a pic of a car and it's named "Pic1" and you hotsync it to your computer into the Treo pictures folder. Delete "Pic1" of the car from the phone and take another picture of a tree. Treo will name the new pic of the tree "Pic1".

Hotsync and on the computer, "Pic1" will still be the picture of the car.

I always just move all the transferred pictures into another folder as soon as I finish hotsyncing.
    Hey just to update guys... I figured what the problem was a while ago but I forgot to post until I saw this thread pop up again. After going over and double checking all my settings and then checking agian, I finally found out that the problem was actually the Imagelib_imageDB file on ram. This is actually the image db in ram which all the images from the Treo cam are stored. In my case, I found out that the DB had gotten horribly corrupted and the only solution was to use file manager like FileZ and delete it. After deleting it, the Treo Pic app recreates the Imagelib db fresh. Once I did this, my Treo Pics were once again syncing properly with desktop. It's pretty drastic solution, but it did work for me!!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Hmm... I'm having a similar problem... Syncing my Treo hangs when it gets to synchronizing Treo Pictures. On the Treo itself, it hangs at 'Synchronizing ImageLib_imageDB'. Eventually it finishes, but then fails.

It synchs just fine with my laptop, but not with my desktop. I tried deleting the imagelib_imageDB file with Filez, erased all the pics on my phone. It then synched correctly, but didn't update the pictures. Since the pics were still on my PC, I moved them to the transfer folder, and re-synched, only to be greeted by the hanging error once again. It is now not synching my pictures. Any suggestions? None of the pics are that big, so I doubt it's a file issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew
    Hmm... I'm having a similar problem... Syncing my Treo hangs when it gets to synchronizing Treo Pictures. On the Treo itself, it hangs at 'Synchronizing ImageLib_imageDB'. Eventually it finishes, but then fails.

It synchs just fine with my laptop, but not with my desktop. I tried deleting the imagelib_imageDB file with Filez, erased all the pics on my phone. It then synched correctly, but didn't update the pictures. Since the pics were still on my PC, I moved them to the transfer folder, and re-synched, only to be greeted by the hanging error once again. It is now not synching my pictures. Any suggestions? None of the pics are that big, so I doubt it's a file issue.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that you'll lose all your pics in ram! What I did was first save all the pics I wanted by moving them to the card, and then deleting the imagelib file. After that, the sync should work fine and you can move images back to ram to sync them with your desktop. I think if you're trying to resync the old pics on your desktop, it will cause errors b/c you'll just be trying to sync the old corrupted image files. Instead of syncing them, try emailing them to yourself or something and hopefully you can get them back on your Treo...

Please forgive my ineptness, but what exactly do you mean when you say "pictures in ram"? I tried saving pictures on the card directly as jpegs but still did not see them on the Treo--even using FileZ. So, I'm at a loss. Maybe if I understood how to convert them to "rams" I might be more successful.

I tried deleting the "imagelib_imageDB" file to no avail. I'm at a loss.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast