1.    #1  
    My much chronicled problems with my first Treo are over. This phone was a very early Treo from Cingular, and had multiple problems, including the screetch on answer, no ear speaker (headset or speaker only), echo, frequent locks, etc....

After whining on this board that I was going to dump it and get a different phone when the replacement eventually came, I got a TreoCentral Private Message from a Palm employee who expedited my return and replacement.

Today, I got a brand new 600 with firmware 02.12, and I am a happy camper.

Thanks to the employee, you know who you are!
    Let me take a guess...PalmLover !
    Treo 600 GSM
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Finally got my 4th replacement. This one came with some different stickers on it...looked new, screen was brighter and more crisp than before (I think), camera works awesome, speakerphone works great (no more speakerphone echo)...all is great in my little kingdom again. Now I can quit complaining for a while and try to help others out...

Mike, glad things worked out...hopefully others will start having good luck as well.

rob
    I'm waiting for my 2nd replacement. The last phone PalmOne sent to me ate thru the batteries like crazy! I would charge it fully (100%), make a quick call and it would suddenly be down to 90%. Not a good sign...

My original Treo was superb in keeping the battery charge. I could even go thru 2 days w/o charging while doing light calls, gaming, and MP3. Unfortunately, the Navpad broke.

In fairness, PalmOne customer service was very efficient in replacing the phone right away. And in the case of the 2nd replacement, they even offered to pick up the Treo from my office (thru DHL) instead of me going to their drop zone.

I hope the third Treo will have no problems already. Its going to be long week next week just waiting for it to arrive.
    When I got my replacement unit for my first 600 (Handspring), the replacement (PalmOne) has a dimmer screen. I clearly miss the bright screen of the Handspring model.
    Quote Originally Posted by freudov23
    Calling Manila after my 4th refurb replacement unit exhibited problems (Major - speakerphone/handset toggling during calls. Minor - pixilation issues.) finally yielded different results. The outsourced technician documented all four claim numbers and escalated my account to PalmOne corporate.

Yesterday I received a call from a stateside customer service rep that set up another advanced exchange, but this time a PalmOne engineer will test the unit before it ships out. The four previous units were evaluated (apparently) by lesser skilled technicians. The rep even asked me for a complete list of problems that plagued all five Treo 600s Ive had since November. The engineer will reportedly verify that this latest unit is free of those issues. This rep refused my usual request for a brand new replacement. Mike, please tell me your secret.

Icing on the cakeI had an opportunity to complete a PalmOne exchange program evaluation survey. I let em have it.
    Check out my post here:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...748#post338748

Try emailing, faxing, writing the execs at palmOne.. Not guaranteed to work but if you're desperate.. good luck..
    I have my share of problem with PalmOne support (I missed handspring support), but I have to say they did fixed my issue.

First time they sent me a locked AT&T version, even though I specified I have the unlocked version (palmone). Funny thing is the box has a sticker says 'other GSM'. Sounds like they are having some work flow problem.

Another thing that I noticed - these replacements might be refurbished. They don't come in original package and they seem to have other minor problems.

I called them back and explained the problem. They sent me another - in 3 days.

LISTEN TO THIS: This time they sent me a 'unlock' version - but with an 'AWS serial label' (AT&T). This one has the 'HandSpring' logo on it and has the better screen - the anti-reflecting screen. I upgraded to firmware 3.04 and it's still unlocked. So, I know this is not someone's return of hacked version. funny - an UNLOCKED AT&T TREO!!!

I decided to keep this one - because the screen is much better then the 'Palmone', especially under the sun.

My recommendation is keep calling and switch your unit until you get what you want - they are going to be refurbished unit anyway.
    How do you tell if the replacement is new or refurbished? And, how do you know the version number of the firmware? I am waiting for my replacement. My camera is out of focus in the center and bottom of every photo. The left side and top are in focus.
    I don't think it's new because it comes in a cheap carton box. I got one with AT&T wireless part # in the back, so I know it's a refurbished.

No matter, I actually like it better than my original new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJennett
    How do you tell if the replacement is new or refurbished? And, how do you know the version number of the firmware? I am waiting for my replacement. My camera is out of focus in the center and bottom of every photo. The left side and top are in focus.

from the phone, dial ##786. If you press the down triangle, one of the peices of information is refurb status : Yes / No
    Is it just me or is the phone screen IMPOSSIBLE to view while on the beach?
    I was kicking back on the Gulf of Mexico last week and I could not see anything at all. Even on the highest brightness setting!

And how the heck do you get the sand out of the screen edges?

I tried blowing it out but it doesn't work.
    Is ##786 a Sprint code? I have T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJennett
    Is ##786 a Sprint code? I have T-Mobile.

might be... it looks like diagnostics . This dosent work for you?
    Use #*786 for GSM to see life timer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Margolis
    My much chronicled problems with my first Treo are over. This phone was a very early Treo from Cingular, and had multiple problems, including the screetch on answer, no ear speaker (headset or speaker only), echo, frequent locks, etc....

After whining on this board that I was going to dump it and get a different phone when the replacement eventually came, I got a TreoCentral Private Message from a Palm employee who expedited my return and replacement.

Today, I got a brand new 600 with firmware 02.12, and I am a happy camper.

Thanks to the employee, you know who you are!
    Mike,

Did it fix the echo problem? I had the same set of problems with my first and second replacement phones. The third replacement wasn't even usable with TMO (!), but the current phone STILL has an echo problem. I'm trying to decide if I can live with it or if I should give up on the T600 until it's fixed.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    might be... it looks like diagnostics . This dosent work for you?
    ##786 gets a recorded intercept message saying the call cannot be completed as dialed... on my T-Mobile Treo 600
    Quote Originally Posted by leonracsis
    Use #*786 for GSM to see life timer.
    That doesn't do anything as far as I can tell, using GSM T-Mobile Treo 600
    works for me