1.    #1  
    I successfully upgraded to 3.04. I thought my phone was unlocked, it's not. Do I have to do the entire process over again? What is the best way to back up my device so i don't have to reinstall everything?

Thanks
    Find the FAQ and use method D, worked for me and others.
  3.    #3  
    If I do method D, will I still have 3.04 when complete?

What is the best way to do a complete backup?
    You will have firmware 2.12 (most recent phone stuff), use the patched file and unlock the phone. Software 3.04(1.12) which is most up todate PDA stuff.
    Best way to back up is either hotsync to PC or use backupman or backupbuddy to SD card.
  5.    #5  
    I followed the instructions for "D" but when i transfer the 'firmwareupdate_enUS.prc" to the card, i can't run it. When i pull up the delete menu i see that it's there but i can't launch.

The phone seems to be working fine but it's still locked.

Quote Originally Posted by scudder
    You will have firmware 2.12 (most recent phone stuff), use the patched file and unlock the phone. Software 3.04(1.12) which is most up todate PDA stuff.
    Best way to back up is either hotsync to PC or use backupman or backupbuddy to SD card.
    what does the Phoninfo read? You probably (as I did) will have to use the Tokenwriter to change the crnm to CNG. You probaly (as I did) have INT. You can change it back after the upgrade.
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
  7.    #7  
    Well, i must have screwed something up. My phone works fine (not unlocked) but when i run the CROW file it says that it is not compatible with my device. Any help appreciated
    That is exactly what happened with me. Run the Tokenwriter. write list and hit the return key.
    It will most likely show INT in the crnm field
    Do the following:
    write crnm CNG press the enter and wait a couple seconds untill it confirms the update.
    Now you should be able to run the FWupgrade.
    .MrByte

-----
  9.    #9  
    It actually says CNG in the crnm field. When i run the updater i get an error: "fpl(0005)"

My firmware is 3.04
    Software is: Treo600-1.12/1030/03
    Hardware: B
    Last edited by spartanrob; 05/07/2004 at 02:07 PM.
    Can I buy a Cingular GSM 600 and put my t-mo sim in it? If it is locked, how can I unlock it?
    Spartan, if you have firmware 3.04 and sw 1.12 you already got the upgrade, the instructions for the rest is in your PM, remember to change the crnm to CNG to run the unlock files
  12.    #12  
    Finally got the got everything to work, but now my firmware is back to 2.12 (haven't checked if it's unlocked yet) Do i need to run CROW again to get it back to 3.04????
    NO! running CROW will lock the phone again. You have the latest stuff loaded, sorry to shout, but it is a bloke thing to go back and read the instructions only as a last resort :-)
  14.    #14  
    Thanks!
    what does this mean? In Tokenwriter, mine says:
    hser - 1234567890123
    gmfl - undefined
    hwvr - Treo 600 x.y
    prnm - Treo 600
    crnm - CROW
    revn - 0.0
    GoUc - undefined
    GpUc- undefined
    Number of Tokens: 8

I am totally confused....in my phone info it says firmware 2.12 but I did run an updater to 3.04

HELP please.... :-)
    Hi guys n' gals ,

Just a quick one...

Succesfully updated to fw 3.04 (I would update my sig, but half the details are off screen on my Treo 600!).

Is it possible to UNLOCK fw 3.04 - basically I wanna get a carrier sim (Vodaphone), that'll actually work where I live!

Cheers
    *******Treo 600 on GSM Orange UK*******
    Firmware: 03.04
    Software: Treo600-1.12/1030/03...
    Hardware: B
    you would have to run the patched.zip with only the Firmwareupdate part. This will yield Firmware 02.12, Software 1.12...
    .MrByte

-----
    I successfully upgraded to 3.04, but now there's a message in my Palmone Mailbox that reads "<No To>" and I can't delete it and if I try to open it it soft resets the device. Worse yet, when the phone checks for email on the interval I set it resets. Any ideas?