Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    We all know about that the Jabra Freespeak headset that is available for non-Bluetooth phones. The headset in my opinion works exceptionally well. There is one flaw however. The Flaw is that you cannot use the answer/end emulation. If you attempt to answer an incoming call by pushing the button on the Freespeak, you answer then immediately disconnect the call. Now we know that "wired” headsets work with answer/end buttons, so why not the Freespeak? I tested the frespeak with other phones such as the Sanyo 8100 from sprint (also with answer/end capability) The Frespeak worked like a champ! So this leads me to believe that there is a hardware/software flaw in the treo. I am thinking that a patch could be developed to allow this function to work properly?

Have any thoughts?

Please no thread jacking! This thread is not intended to promote other brands! Just a thread to help develop a possible solution!

Thanks in advance!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Since no one was kind enough to respond to this thread, I located a resource that has got this function working for the treo 600!!!! Now my jabra no works the way it was intended!

Stay tuned for details!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    Interesting! I tried the Freespeak 200 long ago with a Treo 270 and had a problem being there was no nise canceling available - Loved the fit, couldn't deal with the screeching!

How is the operation on a Treo 600? Do you now have a patch which allows you to answer/end via the Headset?
    I am a newby to this forum. I tried the Freespeak and returned it because for $200 it should be able to answer calls and end them. Do you have a work around?
    fittske,

Please post the solution to this problem. I used my Freespeak with my 300 and loved it. I tried the Unleash headset, but didn't like the earpiece.
    Zane
    I would love the solution also. I love my Freespeak but it's just annoying to not be able to use the send/end button.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    For real ? Did anyone go and check the FAQ on Jabra's site ?

http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I have worked with a developer on this board to develop this soloution. I am waiting on his conformation before I disclose. I will tell you this much....the freespeak now works as designed.

Don't worry as soon as he gives the word I will pass the info on!
    Last edited by Fittske; 05/07/2004 at 01:49 PM.
    My Phone history.....
    Tease!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    That would be splendid. Thx for the heads-up!
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    For real ? Did anyone go and check the FAQ on Jabra's site ?

http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html
    Just followed the directions at the link above and the button on my Freespeak now answers/ends calls. No magic or waiting involved.
    How is it that you are the only one that can make it work out of all the forums i visited?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Ok I spoke with the developer and he said it was cool to let everyone know. I had to ask because other developers stole some of his ideas in the past.

In the upcoming release of Callfilter the developer has added an option that will allow the answer/end emulation of the Jabra Freespeak Bluetooth headphone to function as advertised!

I have been testing this function for a week now and it works flawlessly!
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Ok I spoke with the developer and he said it was cool to let everyone know. I had to ask because other developers stole some of his ideas in the past.

In the upcoming release of Callfilter the developer has added an option that will allow the answer/end emulation of the Jabra Freespeak Bluetooth headphone to function as advertised!

I have been testing this function for a week now and it works flawlessly!
    Fittske-

When will the Callfilter developer be releasing the public version that includes this feature, and do you know what version it will be called?

This feature alone would be worth the $30.00 for Callfilter for me!

Do you think I could email the developer and also beta-test this version?

Thanks,

Neo
    fittske,

Please ask the Callfilter developer if he could release the Freespeak patch as a separate program. I personally have little need for the features of Callfilter, and $30 is pretty steep for this type of program.
    Zane
    I agree with fittske, for $30 I will continute to use the end button on the Treo.
    $30 is steep for any software especially with such a small feature set. On top of that $200-plus for a freespeak, I'll try the bluetrek g2 for $100.00. I hear it is a better unit. The developer needs to understand financial basics, he would make more money by charging $15 than by holding his price at $30.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gravey
    Just followed the directions at the link above and the button on my Freespeak now answers/ends calls. No magic or waiting involved.

mine will end, but on answer, it immediately disconnects....... are you doing something different ??
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    I agree with fittske, for $30 I will continute to use the end button on the Treo.
    Spartanrob,

That's just it- I can end the call, no problem, but CAN'T answer without it immediately disconnecting as pabo says above. That's why the aforementioned developer's application would be so cool to enable that functionality as well! And, I already have the FreeSpeak 200 (approx. $70 on eBay, NOT $200), so I would really appreciate the ability to do this.

Although, I will admit that I would also like to be able to pay less for that functionality in a seperate, stand-alone application, as this is feature is more valuable to me than anything else!

Neo
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    i'd throw $5 or $10 dollars at the patch....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast