Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    For reasons to lengthy to get into here I would like to be able to forward calls made to my cell phone when I am already on a call with someone else. But I do not want the calls to forward when I am not on a call. Someone explained to me that this is called "Conditional Call Forwarding".
    I cannot figure out how to do this on my CDMA Treo 600 on a Sprint service plan.
    Is there an application that would help with this?
    Last edited by wachie; 05/06/2004 at 08:39 AM. Reason: unclear question
    You should take a look at either CallFilter or CallShield. I'm not sure if they do what you want, but they are the most likely candidates.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I am a current user and fan of call filter. Doesn't have the desired rule setting of forwarding while on another call. Same with call shield.
    Thank you anyway. I wonder if it is something I would have to arrange through Sprint?
    CallFilter forwards calls on Sprint CDMA I believe only in the cradle..

To forward calls in Sprint, press Phone, press Menu, select phone Preferences, (/A) Choose Forward Calls option, choose edit numbers, enter 10 digit number to forward... When in doubt RTM....
    Last edited by dlbrummels; 05/06/2004 at 10:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I am aware of the call forwarding feature in phone prefrences. What I need is call forwarding ONLY when I am on a call or when I chose not to answer a call. Forwarding from the built in phone prefrences will forward EVERY call, which is not what I want.
    Forwarding is actually handled by Sprint, not your phone. When you set the option in your phone it actually contacts Sprint to make the change. Ask Sprint?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    You would need to deactivate Call Waiting if you have it. Your phone is most likely already set up with "Call Forwarding Busy". With no call-waiting...any 2nd calls will go straight to voicemail. As it is...they should go to voicemail if you don't answer inside of 4-6 rings.

This is debatable though because every market and provider handles things slightly different.