1.    #1  
    My PC Desktop is pretty stable now. I am wondering why people use an SD card. Until I own a second Treo600 as a backup, what good will the SD card do when my backup PDA is a Treo180?

Thank you.
    I have about 6 hours of music on mine, plus many programs, plus backups, e-books, MovieREc clips, and MMPlayer movies...I'm probably overlooking a few items...I haven't synced to my PC in a week or so.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I also store a few albums worth of MP3's on mine, along with lots of programs and skins I didn't want taking up internal memory on my treo. Some of my programs automatically save stuff to the card (like the screenshot program I use). I also us it to backup to. If and when I upgrade the firmware, I plan to store audio clips there as well, and maybe video clips if I get any video software.
    I just got a 512meg SD card and have about 80 really good mp3's that I listen too. I walk 8-10 miles and thats plenty of music to last the 2 hours. Also have enough room on it for backups and pictures I may take along the walk. I can't really see the need for the 1 gig card.. at least for my needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick999999
    My PC Desktop is pretty stable now. I am wondering why people use an SD card. Until I own a second Treo600 as a backup, what good will the SD card do when my backup PDA is a Treo180?

Thank you.
    The SD card won't do you a bit of good as far as the 180 goes. However, if you backup to the SD card from your 600, if you ever have to hard reset the 600 when you're away from your stable desktop (it can happen!) you can restore wherever you are from the SD card...and then you won't need the 180 as a backup.