1. GJC
    My apologies if this one has been tackled -- I've got a Treo 600 with Cingular and, until three days ago, my email was working fine. I could receive AND send without any problems. Now, I can only receive messages. I'm using Yahoo's enhanced email service (the one you have to pay for). All the settings look good. I spent close to an hour today on the phone with Cingular's tech support to no avail. The call concluded with them saying "it's absolutely not us, must be Yahoo.

Two other quirks... I had previously downloaded the demo of SnapperMail and never got that one to let me send messages so I "defaulted" back to the builtin email program which, for the most part seems to work okay. The only thing I've changed at all was that about a week ago I installed DateBook 5 (the latest version...).

This is really frustrating -- it's like having half a Treo.
    What are your pop3/smtp settings? They should be:

POP3: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    SMTP: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Then of course your username and password. I've been using MailPlus with Snappermail for months now and have never experienced any problems...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. GJC
    Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I've checked (and doublechecked) all the settings and addresses and everything *appears* to be okay. I'm stumped as to why it would work fine for awhile (receive and send) and then quit. I've checked the help sections at Yahoo and also at another email carrier I use and the fingers on their end tend to point to the ISP, which for my Treo is Cingular. Cingular responds that it's not them and that their servers appear to be working fine. This is with the built-in Mail program.

Have there been firmware issues related to this? I've got one of the Handspring branded Treos and I have to say that I've really enjoyed the Treo MUCH more than I expected to. I'm hoping I can resolve this one quickly though because the whole point of this device is integration of phone and data (!). Curiously, I have problems using the GPRS service -- email, text messages, etc. all work fine. Also, I can access (send and receive) my Yahoo email through the Web browser. It's not a *bad* option but it's much slower and certainly a bit clunkier to use that way.

Here's one thought though -- does anyone know if there have been any issues with the Treo and Datebk5? That's the only change I've made recently but as I first noted, the email worked fine for several days following that install.

Thanks!
    GJC, you stated that your using the builtin email client which I assume is the HS email client. Have you tired to delete and reinstall that? There is a known bug that causes the main email DB to balloon to huge sizes. Maybe you should delete that and then re-install. Also, what is the exact error message you receive when trying to send/receive?

FYI, checkout the following PalmOne support page for this problem as well:

http://205.141.210.149/SRVS/CGI-BIN/...tem,CASE=25997
    Last edited by Gaurav; 05/07/2004 at 08:55 PM.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. GJC
    No luck with the link -- it appears to have been removed. In any case, I've checked all the settings and I've confirmed that the Yahoo account is fine. Cingular's tech support has so far been a big disappointment. For the most part they're fairly ignorant about the Treo. Every call so far becomes a conversation with me walking the tech through the various menu options in the Mail program.

Another possibility of course is that my Treo's defective even though every other function appears to work fine.

I don't know what else I'm going to do but I've got to say I'm not real happy I chose Cingular. I like the GSM for its portability and when Cingular finishes swallowing up AT&T Wireless they'll finally have the coverage they need to challenge Verizon's network. However, right now I'm glad I only signed up for a one year contract. Not sure which carrier's really figured any of this stuff out yet.
    GJC, Check the link again...

Also, I recommend you try out snappermail or some other email client besides the builtin HS email client. Another possibility to consider is whether certain ports on your wireless service have been blocked...

Finally, why don't don't you try an alternative smtp server if you can't get yahoo's to work? Try signing up for a free fastmail.fm acct and use that smtp and see if that works?

Good luck...

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    This may have been covered already, but here goes. I am using the built-in PalmOne email client on my Sprint T600 to get my email from my corporate server (uses Novell Groupwise). It works pretty well, including being able to save Word and Excel attachment in Docs to Go. However, I can't get certain functionalities to work. I cannot get the client to grab only mail from the last 24 hours (which is an option in the set-up) and I can't de-activate the "Leave Mail on Server" option. I don't think this is a problem with my Groupwise email server, since I have the same problem when I use the client to grab my email from my Sprint account. Can anyone help?
    thanks,
    amell