Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hmmm - Never had this problem but I will be more aware to watch out for it.

_dan
    UNEASYsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    ziphem, have you upgraded your Treo's firmware? That includes a newer version of the email app and I assume it would not have the bloat problem. BTW if you did update your firmware you need to delete the mail app from RAM so it will use the new one in ROM.
    What are the files in RAM that you should delete?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    What are the files in RAM that you should delete?
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    ...called EMail_libr_HsMp_ for each email account you use...
    R.I.F.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    R.I.F.
    I saw that post, but the later one talks about deleting the entire mail application from RAM - should that be done, and which files?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman
    v1.02a is the new version....and still has the problem described in this thread. I like the temporary solution of saving the newly setup email account files before they grow in size....and then just swapping them out with the "bloated" files as needed. Of course the only problem with this is you loose any emails you may have saved to the "Filed" or other folders.
    Yeah, I had a moment of self-doubt when ThirdType brought up the old vs. new mail version. Copying to SD and back like I said didn't work, so I just use my 'replace-through-hotsync' solution
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    I have a few email programs - and need to associate their various libraries with the offending applications! I suspect that I am suffering from the Email_libr...bloat that is discussed here; mine is huge in in need of pruning: My question is, how can I tell which is due to "Mail" (Handspring), Email (the Sprint client for BCPE) or even SMS?!

I even tried to move "Mail" - the one with the @ sign in its logo - via the Godsend, Zlauncher, but Email_libr did not move to the SD card... I'd like to understand better before blithely doing the backup/clobber/reinstall route. 'Insights? THX!
    "Starlog - supplemental": 'Additional piece of information; all three of my Email_libr_HsMp...files begin with that filename string - but the largest one that needs pruning is: Email_libr_HsMp_BBF D5A3E (Creator: HsDm...but all 3 say that...).

The differentiator appears to be the last three characters in the filename: 'BBF is the largest, BC2 - probably Biz Connect - and is the smallest library. Can someone confirm that the 'BBF monster is Handspring's Beta "@Mail" logo'd client's library? Thx again.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moapys
    "Starlog - supplemental": 'Additional piece of information; all three of my Email_libr_HsMp...files begin with that filename string - but the largest one that needs pruning is: Email_libr_HsMp_BBF D5A3E (Creator: HsDm...but all 3 say that...).

The differentiator appears to be the last three characters in the filename: 'BBF is the largest, BC2 - probably Biz Connect - and is the smallest library. Can someone confirm that the 'BBF monster is Handspring's Beta "@Mail" logo'd client's library? Thx again.
    My understanding is that each of those files represent a different email account. Do you have three different email accounts setup within the mail program? The bigger file would be the account that receives the most mail.
    I agree with limoman. I think each Email_libr... file is tied to different email accounts (I have two: one for Yahoo mail and one for Verizon DSL mail)

The file size (assuming your mailbox is completely empty and deleted items purged) also seems to be related to which mail accounts in in which you have sent/received the most attachments--jpgs, ringers, docs, excel, etc... Obviously if your current mailbox is not empty, some of the file size is related to mail in your inbox, filed, sent items, etc... (Some people believe the size is more tied to attachments you have sent than those you have received, but I can't say I've tested to verify this.)

John
    I hate to bump an old topic, but after looking through my Treo I found that over 9 megs of space was being occupied by "deleted email".

I had the old beta mail program before upgrading to the Sprint 1.20 upgrade. I think that some of the file were still left over (since there was a "Mail" program in RAM). After using Filez a bit, I've deleted everything out of ram and reconfigured my system.

Now, my Palm Mail is version 1.20a. Does this version also experience the memory leak? I get a lot of mail on my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    I hate to bump an old topic, but after looking through my Treo I found that over 9 megs of space was being occupied by "deleted email".

I had the old beta mail program before upgrading to the Sprint 1.20 upgrade. I think that some of the file were still left over (since there was a "Mail" program in RAM). After using Filez a bit, I've deleted everything out of ram and reconfigured my system.

Now, my Palm Mail is version 1.20a. Does this version also experience the memory leak? I get a lot of mail on my Treo.
    The solution I adopted (can't remembe who originally suggested this) was to wipe out the *_libr file, set up the account again, and save a copy of the new (and very small) file to my SD card. When the file gets too big, I'll just erase it and replace it with the archived file from my SD card.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    The solution I adopted was to wipe out the *_libr file, set up the account again, and save a copy of the new (and very small) file to my SD card. When the file gets too big, I'll just erase it and replace it with the archived file from my SD card.
    Ditto. I do the same. Seems to be the best workaround for now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12