1.    #1  
    PDF's with email clients Email,
    Has anyone had any luck viewing PDF with the email applacations that you may be using, I've used sprint bcee and that seems to be the only client that some what works, it filters the attachment,
    Other email clients use programs like Dataviz to view attachments but they do not view PDF's, I have also downloaded acrobat for Palm and that doesn't view them unless I copy them from the computer through the sync cable ....
    Please help me find an app to view PDF's that are downloaded through an email client
    Thank you
    Adobe Acrobat files (pdf) cannot be viewed native.

They must be converted through the desktop application.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $only$ $one$ $app$ $that$ $can$ $view$ $pdf$ $files$ $natively$ $on$ $PalmOS$ $without$ $the$ $need$ $of$ $a$ $desktop$ $conversion$ $conduit$ $and$ $that$ $is$ $Piscel$ $Viewer$...$unfortunately$ $it$ $only$ $available$ $on$ $Sony$ $Clies$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I just downloaded Adobe reader for Palm...I haven't played with it yet. Will it not read pdf's in email?
    Adobe comes with a desktop conduit that must convert the pdf to a palm friendly format before viewing. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $all$ $viewers$ $like$ $DTG$, $repligo$, $Rich$ $Reader$, $etc$ $still$ $require$ $conversion$ $before$ $viewing$. $The$ $only$ $apps$ $that$ $allow$ $native$ $PDF$ $viewing$ $are$ $Piscel$ ($only$ $on$ $clies$) $adn$ $Sprint$ $Business$ $Connection$ $client$... $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $about$ $Good$ $though$...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    FYI, the Clie app is called Picsel Viewer, not Piscel. I found a copy of it somewhere and will have a look later if there's any chance of running it on the Treo. I don't have high hopes for it but worth a try.
    You're veering off subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    You're veering off subject.
    Me? Why? If we get Picsel Viewer to run on the Treo, we have the solution for viewing native Acrobat pdf, haven't we?

Anyways, the version I looked at was entirely in Japanese. Imagine trying to read assembly in Japanese...
    Won't help for e-mail, but WebViewer renders PDFs on the Treo very nicely...likewise for .doc (MS Word) files.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Won't help for e-mail, but WebViewer renders PDFs on the Treo very nicely...likewise for .doc (MS Word) files.
    Interesting. I had never tried this. I assume the reqwireless proxy is converting it into plain HTML, like Google does with PDF.
  10.    #10  
    I just don't understand why Acrobat Reader for Palm will not convert the file format to read it on the device..?
    I have found another mail app that converts the pdf's to view on the treo and thats Corsoft. To do this myself I would need to buy the Corsoft server software and than I would need to purchase the pdf converter as an addon to the server software??
    Come on Adobe !!!! lets get with it...
    Mark
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Emailviewer by Reqwireless will allow viewing of PDF attachments. Yes, the same developers as Webviewer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    FYI, the Clie app is called Picsel Viewer, not Piscel. I found a copy of it somewhere and will have a look later if there's any chance of running it on the Treo. I don't have high hopes for it but worth a try.

Mol, U already starting you Mod duties by correcting misspellings?

Also, been looking everywhere to find a copy of Picsel viewer, but can't find it on Picsel's site etc. You basically need to copy it off a clie afaikafaikafaik... $Even$ $though$ $reviews$ $say$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $the$ $most$ $robust$ $app$, $it$ $would$ $be$ $nice$ $to$ $have$ $an$ $app$ $that$ $supports$ $native$ $pdf$ $files$ $on$ $the$ $Treo600$...

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Mol, U already starting you Mod duties by correcting misspellings?

Also, been looking everywhere to find a copy of Picsel viewer, but can't find it on Picsel's site etc. You basically need to copy it off a clie afaikafaikafaik... $Even$ $though$ $reviews$ $say$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $the$ $most$ $robust$ $app$, $it$ $would$ $be$ $nice$ $to$ $have$ $an$ $app$ $that$ $supports$ $native$ $pdf$ $files$ $on$ $the$ $Treo600$...

I googled for piscel viewer and didn't find much and picsel produced a few more results. I'll see if I can find somebody with a Clie that includes it. Maybe EuroClie has it
    I remember reading a while back that Picsel would be creating versions for non-Clie devices, but it looks like that hasn't happened. It's a funky app, have you ever actually used it? It's almost like its a flash front end for a doc viewer.

on the snapper site they recommend a service that you forward the PDF attachment to and it converts it to plain text...I haven't tried it but here's what the snapper site says:

Quote Originally Posted by snapper
    Can I open PDF files with SnapperMail?
    Only devices with Picsel Viewer built-in to the ROM (predominantly Sony Clie PDAs) can view native PDF documents save to the memory card. This application is NOT available as a purchasable add-on. Other than this app there's nothing on Palm OS that can open PDF files in native desktop format. As a workaround for text content, you can convert a PDF attachment to a text message by forwarding it to a conversion server (pdf2txt@sun.trace.wisc.edu). For further details, check out the Adobe web site.
    so that would give you the text at least and is the best solution for a lone treo at this time unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol

I googled for piscel viewer and didn't find much and picsel produced a few more results. I'll see if I can find somebody with a Clie that includes it. Maybe EuroClie has it
    Any update on this? With the end of the Clies, it would really great if some one could port a patched version of Picsel for the Treo...

Did anyone find a way to read native PDF files on a treo 600 yet ?
    I find it quite strange that noone has developed anything since the time ...