1.    #1  
    Hello...

While I love my Treo, I'm finding that I'm having issues with the headphone jack that is completely ruining the unit for me...

I purchased this pair of headphones for my Treo. They worked wonderfully for a month, as I used them with P-Tunes and also whenever phone calls would come in... I could wear the headphones and talk into the mic on the phone... It worked great.

Just recently, I'm having trouble getting the sound to pipe through the headphones... and when I'm talking on the phone, it randomly hangs up on the person I'm talking to.

At the same time, I purchased this guy]. It basically is useless to me, because the Treo simply wont put a signal through it. I don't know what the deal is.

I'm getting ready to take my Treo back to Best Buy and get them to execute the service plan so that I can get a Treo that doesn't have these issues... But before I did that, I wanted to post a thread to see if anyone else who has experienced this problem might say.

Thanks.
    I bought the same stereo ear buds for the t600. But I only get sound out of one side. Tried my brother's ear buds, and then the radio shack adapter, but still only get sound from one side.

Going to bring the unit back to a Sprint store.

Cluemeister
  3.    #3  
    Yeah.... I'm hoping that it isn't too big a pain to exchange it and get my software all set back the way it was... But I need that stereo jack to work.
    Just make sure you have a good backup. Hotsync alone will not backup everything on your device. Good luck!
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=49950
    and
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=49735
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  5.    #5  
    Does anyone know if there is a way I can get an advance unit so that I don't have to be without my phone for a period of time? Or will Best Buy just get me a new one out of the box?
    I exchanged mine at Best Buy on the spot, twice. Brand new everything. The only down time was charging the new one and activating it, no big deal. Hard reset your device before you give it to them though. There were some posts (before the crash?) about people stealing personal info from returned Treos. Dont know how true they were (I wouldnt be surprised) but better safe than sorry.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  7.    #7  
    Next question... I had heard that once you use the Best Buy protection once, they can terminate the agreement... Did you have to re-up, or was it just as simple as you make it sound?
    Im thinking that a clause like "can terminate the agreement at any time" is to protect themselves against abusers. I remember reading something like that in the pamplet they give you. They have never given me trouble or said anything about the number of returns. On my previous plan of 3 years I exchanged the device 3 times. The last one was about 2 years into the plan and they upgraded my Palm IIIc to a Clie n760c because they didnt make it anymore.

The only thing is that you might need to demonstrate whats wrong with the device. Thats hit or miss though- 3 times I did, twice I didnt.