1.    #1  
    Has anyone returned an upgraded phone for a replacement? Any problems?
    Yes I did two weeks ago and I got a replacement no questions asked. I don't think they check for a FW upgrade.
    Ko Samet beach & a Treo650 - the perfectly connected stress free office
    Some of the reps do ask which firmware you are running. I had this happen to me 2 days ago. I just gave the rep my old firmware version and installed it over 3.04. Worked like a charm
    That's when you say, "What's firmware? All I know is that it's called a Treo."
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by climber_rich
    Some of the reps do ask which firmware you are running. I had this happen to me 2 days ago. I just gave the rep my old firmware version and installed it over 3.04. Worked like a charm
    That's great if the old firmware is available to revert to... so far I haven't seen anything earlier than 2.08 available, and many of us have 2.05 or 2.02 (me included).
    I returned mine with 3.04 with no problems. The rep did not ask about the FW though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    That's great if the old firmware is available to revert to... so far I haven't seen anything earlier than 2.08 available, and many of us have 2.05 or 2.02 (me included).
    Just revert it back to 2.08. There's no reason to send it back with 3.04

As to the comment "What's firmware", I did that and the rep kindly walked me through the steps on to get it and read it back to him. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by climber_rich
    Just revert it back to 2.08. There's no reason to send it back with 3.04
    "Revert" kinda implies that you're going back to something you once had... my point was just that 2.08 is higher than what was originally on many of our phones.
    It you are sending back a replacement phone, that phone most likely had a higher version firmware.
    Treo 600 GSM
    As long as you send the phone back with an "official firmware" (non 3.04), you should be fine.
    I returned my unit twice, with firmware upgraded. No problem.

Like previous posting, "What is firmware?!?"
    Anyone know where to find a 2.12 AT&T FW file?