Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by driddle
    My problem is not disabling the touchscreen while on a call, it is answering the call. I did try the suggestion you gave above and that didn't help me.
    I think the "answering a call" behavior is controlled by the "disable touchscreen on incoming call" option in the Prefs menu. The second option--"disable touchscreen while on a call"--is for disabling the screen while talking. You sure it didn't work? If not, I'm out of ideas.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    I installed Butler again and the heavy battery drain hasn't reoccurred. A new problem is that the screen switches on for a missed call alert even though I have the 'Leave Screen Off' box checked. I guess I'm missing something.
    By bleedthrough problem, yes I mean the attention grabber goes off if I answer a call using the on-screen button or center key. I am using 1.48 so I guess something is still causing this to happen. I tested this about 5-6 times tonight and got the same results.

I will try madmonkeys suggestion again. I thought I tried this, but I am willing to give it another go.

The other problem is definately not fixed. I get vibration and bells in my ear for the first 15 minutes of the call.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem
    I installed Butler again and the heavy battery drain hasn't reoccurred. A new problem is that the screen switches on for a missed call alert even though I have the 'Leave Screen Off' box checked. I guess I'm missing something.

Is the screen switching on for the attention grabber alert (e.g. every x seconds for as many times as you have set?)

Butler makes no attempt to stop the normal alert messages popping up and turning the screen on - it just tries not to add to the effect by turning the screen on all night...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by driddle
    By bleedthrough problem, yes I mean the attention grabber goes off if I answer a call using the on-screen button or center key. I am using 1.48 so I guess something is still causing this to happen. I tested this about 5-6 times tonight and got the same results.

The other problem is definately not fixed. I get vibration and bells in my ear for the first 15 minutes of the call.
    Well - I'm getting this as well - though only if I answer with the on-screen button. This is getting really frustrating, I'm sure it was fixed earlier.

Butler will not get more complex from here on in!

I'll have another go at sorting it - I expect a new approach is called for! Can you check that you are getting bleed through when you answer with the centre press as well as the screen button?

I'll aim for a fix on Friday.
    Hobbyist Software
    Thanks confusedvorlon. I played with it some more last night and I could only get it to happen when using the touchscreen (as you found as well). I'm glad you were able to duplicate the problem.

Thanks,
    Darrell
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Is the screen switching on for the attention grabber alert (e.g. every x seconds for as many times as you have set?)

Butler makes no attempt to stop the normal alert messages popping up and turning the screen on - it just tries not to add to the effect by turning the screen on all night...
    It was indeed switching on for the attention grabber alert. I've fixed it by checking the 'Turn off screen while playing..' box in Pocket Tunes. I thought it might be an oversight of that kind.
    Alternative keyguard causes a soft reset now when I turn the power back on. I switched back to the regular keyguard and there is no soft reset.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Alternative keyguard causes a soft reset now when I turn the power back on. I switched back to the regular keyguard and there is no soft reset.
    How annoying - can you let me kow a couple of things

1) does this continue if you delete and reinstall (perhaps something got out of whack with the update)
    2) what exactly happens (power on -> immediate reset?)
    3) what error do you get (dial #*err)

thanks
    Hobbyist Software
    How annoying - can you let me kow a couple of things

1) does this continue if you delete and reinstall (perhaps something got out of whack with the update)

I'll try this and see what happens

2) what exactly happens (power on -> immediate reset?)

Power on, immediate reset! and now when I try to set the keyguard (opt, power) it also resets.

3) what error do you get (dial #*err)

It shows a variety of different programs causing the reset (Today, Facer Launcher)

thanks
    And now I am stuck in a continuous soft reset so I will get back to you.
    Had to do a hard reset. ugh
    No problems w/ Butler after my upgrade, it just made me re-register. Alternative keyguard works for me.
    Deleting and reinstalling fixed it.
    I had no trouble with Butler either after the upgrade.

The only thing I had to do was re-enter my registration code.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg

thanks for letting me know - that's a big relief!
    Hobbyist Software
  16.    #56  
    Well - I'm getting this as well - though only if I answer with the on-screen button. This is getting really frustrating, I'm sure it was fixed earlier.

Butler will not get more complex from here on in!

I'll have another go at sorting it - I expect a new approach is called for! Can you check that you are getting bleed through when you answer with the centre press as well as the screen button?

I'll aim for a fix on Friday.
    Sorry for the delay - I got distracted by blue skies and a weekend of skydiving! Should get a fix in a few days.
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg

me too. i love my loyal Butler.
    :-)
    PLEASE add this feature:

"vibrate when switched off only" (add a little box to check next to the "vibrate" box). Thanx!
    Does Butler perform the same 'pager-like' function as PDAapps' TreoAlertManager? The pager nag or alert nag function. Do I need TreoAlertManager?
    as much as I loved treoAlertManager, I deleted it after getting into Butler. Seemed redundant to me. And Butler does more (specifically, it makes the Visto email alert actually work, which nothing else did).
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast