1.    #1  
    Can somebody help? I'm using BaseJet with Exchange, and it works fine as long as my laptop is on and connected to my office email via VPN.

Our IT dept. doesn't allow IMAP or POP3. (Not that I know what those mean Our IT guy says he will be experimenting with allowing POP3. If they decide to allow POP3, will Basejet work even if my laptop is not connected to my corporate email?

Signed, Confused.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    You'd have to configure your POP access as a separate account in BaseJet, but it would work without your office system being connected. Of course, you would also loose all the great syncing features too.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    You'd have to configure your POP access as a separate account in BaseJet, but it would work without your office system being connected. Of course, you would also loose all the great syncing features too.
    Thanks. That would kind of defeat the purpose though...I guess I don't understand enough about what POP3 is. Can you recommend a good place for the average Joe to learn what the h*ll all these email protocols mean?
    I wonder if one of those IT guys that will be allowing POP access will still require you to have an internal IP. From what I gather about your VPN situation, you might need to have an internal address.

You might be out of luck if he does.