Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I seem to remember something mentioned on this board about software that will remotely lock your Treo 600 in case it is lost or stolen.

    Anyone know of this?

    thanks!
  2. #3  
    You can also get TreoHelper which allows you to set an SMS trigger to lock your Treo when you send it an SMS message containing the text of your choice.
    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/work/
  3. #4  
    catbert00

    have you tried the TreoHelper? is it safe to use it?
    One thing is, if I did not have my SIM card in the Treo, the TreoHelper would not be useful in this case, correcT?

    thanks
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire

    ...One thing is, if I did not have my SIM card in the Treo, the TreoHelper would not be useful in this case, correcT?

    thanks
    This is where TreoHelper doesn't help. Its where mSafe steps in and solve that issue. mSafe can also be configured to ask for the unlock password after this SIM is removed or after a system reset. It doesn't get much better than that. Try their demo.
    .
  5. #6  
    Many of us use treo helper for it's radio controls (wireless on/off scheduling). It's very stable. I consider it a must-have program, and it's freeware.

    Like catbert00 mentioned, an option was added to it that lets you trigger actions according to SMS text. One of these actions is locking the device. You are correct that if your SIM isn't in the treo, this won't be much help... in that case you could lock your SIM (go into the phone app > options > phone lock). Then your device will lock when wireless mode turns off (which it does when your SIM card is removed or the device is reset).
  6. #7  
    I have Treo Helper and have looked at the SMS section of the program. I see where you enable the SMS trigger, and the triggering text. What I cannot find is the action that it will take upon receipt of the trigget text. Perhaps my version 0.56 is not current ??????
    Thanks
    Irv
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ishiffrin
    I have Treo Helper and have looked at the SMS section of the program. I see where you enable the SMS trigger, and the triggering text. What I cannot find is the action that it will take upon receipt of the trigget text. Perhaps my version 0.56 is not current ??????
    Thanks
    Irv
    Right beneath the trigger text field is the options for the action you want to launch. It's a dropdown list.

    I'm using version 0.66, but if you have the trigger text part I can't imagine it not having the action as well....
  8. #9  
    Thanks for your help. I had an older version and "lock" was not in the drop down list. The latest version ".68" has it. Thanks again
  9. #10  
    OOPS- Forgot one thing- and could not find the answer in any docs that came with the program. Once the "lock" feature is triggered, how do I "unlock" it. I presently do NOT lock my phone manually.
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ishiffrin
    OOPS- Forgot one thing- and could not find the answer in any docs that came with the program. Once the "lock" feature is triggered, how do I "unlock" it. I presently do NOT lock my phone manually.
    You have to set your system password lock (security, from the app launcher). Just set it to automatically lock "never". Then if treo helper gets an SMS to lock it, you'd just need to type in the password to unlock it.
  11. badler's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #12  
    I'm a TreoHelper novice and have a novice's question: Is there a way to add other applications to TreoHelper's list of applications that can be launched after a certain text message is received? My drop-down list contains 5 applications (some of which aren't on my Treo 600).

    Thanks.

    --Bill

Posting Permissions