1.    #1  
    I am searching for best way of “ghosting” or cloning my PDA info so that I can use my PC to hotsync to a different piece of hardware when my current PDA crashes.

Where can I find a comparison of utilities like BackupBuddy vs. BackupMan etc..

Thank you.
    BackupMan will do it. I've done it a number of times. However, if you are going to a different model you will have incompatibilites, particularly with hack-type apps.
    I reccommend SyncAll
    It forces the normal Palm Desktop Hotsync to backup EVERYTHING in the Palm's Main Memory. It is free, small and kick's ****.

http://www.geocities.com/s_laiblin/p...2.html#syncall

Just keep in mind if you try to HotSync your data BACK to a different type of device, you could encounter problems with some of your software.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    BackupBuddy (the desktop app) has been flawless for me for years. Its has a lot of features such as excluding certain files (who needs to backup Blazer cache?) and backing up the SD card to your pc. It even comes with BackupBuddyVFS lite so you can backup your RAM to the card.

This is much more elegant than something like SyncAll because its a conduit. Once you install and configure, every hotsync will include everything that has changed.

Keeping a complete image of you device on your desktop is important. Programs like BackupMan only ensure that your card contains everything. What if you lose your Treo with its card in it? On the other hand you could backup to a seperate SD card you keep at home, but I find hotsync easier etc.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    Keeping a complete image of you device on your desktop is important. Programs like BackupMan only ensure that your card contains everything. What if you lose your Treo with its card in it? On the other hand you could backup to a seperate SD card you keep at home, but I find hotsync easier etc.
    That is exactly what I do. I have two cards. I backup using BackupMan every night at 9:00 pm. Then every few days I do another backup (using BackupMan) to another card which I keep at home.
    I use a combination of Backupman and Bluesync. Backupman automatically backs up my ram to SD card and Bluesync automatically backs up the SD card to the desktop on every hotsync. This combined with Syncall is the ultimate backup solution imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I use a combination of Backupman and Bluesync. Backupman automatically backs up my ram to SD card and Bluesync automatically backs up the SD card to the desktop on every hotsync. This combined with Syncall is the ultimate backup solution imo...
    Agree. I use Botzam Backup, BlueSync, and SyncAll. I also do the Botzam Backup to a separate 32MB card which is with me almost at all times.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Hmmm.....Backup Buddy sounds like the simpler solution to this problem rather than fiddling with multiple cards and programs?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgadget
    Hmmm.....Backup Buddy sounds like the simpler solution to this problem rather than fiddling with multiple cards and programs?

Bluesync does more than just backup your SD card though. It's also a great way to sync or add new files to your expansion card without the need of an external card reader or card export etc. For example, you can just drag a bunch of mp3's etc to the bluesync card folder on your desktop and Bluesync will automatically transfer them to card on the next hotsync. It's much easier than the install tool imo. In addition bluesync will archive all the old/delete files that you've ever had on the card. Thus if you accidently delete something important and only realize this many weeks later, you go back to the archive folder in Bluesync and find the file there! Very cool app imo...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Gfunkmagic,

So what you are saying is that if you already have a card reader (you can just add the files directly to the card via the card reader) then all you need is backup buddy?

I have The regular hotsync that comes with your phone's software (Palm Desktop) and want to get something that can also sync my card. But I don't need the extra features of BlueSync cause I have a card reader.

I just don't want to run into some sort of confrontation between all these syncing devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Gfunkmagic,

So what you are saying is that if you already have a card reader (you can just add the files directly to the card via the card reader) then all you need is backup buddy?

I have The regular hotsync that comes with your phone's software (Palm Desktop) and want to get something that can also sync my card. But I don't need the extra features of BlueSync cause I have a card reader.

I just don't want to run into some sort of confrontation between all these syncing devices.
    Bluesync will not cause any conflicts with other apps. It has it's own conduit and you can adjust to the settings to whatever you want: sync daily, weekly, monthly etc, or to sync, desktop overwrite, handheld overwirite and etc. It is the best app around IMO to backup your card. The other features only add to the overall functionality...