1.    #1  
    I know I can transfer files via infrared or storage card to another palm, but how can I do this with an audio or video file?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    I know I can transfer files via infrared or storage card to another palm, but how can I do this with an audio or video file?
    Find a program called Filez for your palm. You can beam ANYTHING that way (including locked system files).
    Yes, you can do this via IR, but make sure your have a file extension manager as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    get a copy of media manager at www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Media manager does do wonders for things like this, especially downloading .txt files in Blazer for use in iSilo. A friend and I have transferred an mp3 through IR just for the heck of but it took quite a while.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  6.    #6  
    What is a file extension manager?
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi
    Find a program called Filez for your palm. You can beam ANYTHING that way (including locked system files).

nope it dont work. tried that with filez.. it copies the mp3 but it turns it to some garbeled characters.
    An extension manager (such as Media Manager) allows you to setup what the system will do with files when they are transferred to it. For example you could set .txt files to be installed to /Documents when they are hotsynced, beamed, or downloaded with Blazer. Without an extension manager they would only open in MemoPad.

Newer versions of Pocket-Tunes already register the .mp3 extension so a manager might not be needed, but could give more control over where your files end up.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989