1.    #1  
    My upgrade from Treo180 to Treo600 has become a nightmare.

I was on the phone with PalmOne for 4 hours to no avail. I am quite technical on the PC side with RegistryEditor and WindowsXP Explorer.

My 1st objective was: Transfer just the native apps like addressbook , todo AND ALL THEIR ASSOCIATED CATEGORIES. What is the fastest way to do that? I would prefer to keep the same username and just empty out the UserName/Backup Folder. Or, MUST I create a new username like Treo600?
    its easy man .. i use treo180 and upgrade to treo600 without any problems at all..
    just install the new palm desktop
    and SYNC ....

or if u wanna do it manually:

i go to c:\palm\xAix
    copied:

1. address
    2. datebook
    3. memopad
    4. todo

folder onto my desktop ..

then ... uninstall old treo180 palm desktop removing all component..
    fresh install palm desktop treo600 ...
    create a username and sync for the 1st time with treo600
    then copy back those 4 folders into

c:\palm\xAix\ <--- the new palm desktop treo600

sync .. and all your contacts and categories will be intact
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    its easy man .. i use treo180 and upgrade to treo600 without any problems at all..
    just install the new palm desktop
    and SYNC ....

NO NO NO! Even though the PD will try to search and detect apps that have known OS 5 incompatibilities, I would NOT rely on that 100%. I personally do not recommend syncing from an OS 4 or prior ver pda to an OS 5.x device. IMO, it's a much better idea to copy and paste the PIM only (if you want to keep the same username) and then fresh install everything else. Read this support tutorial for more info:

How To: Upgrade from a 180, 180g, 270, or 300 to a Treo 600

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I second that Gfunk, you don't just want to drop and sync. You want a clean install, that said, it should be pretty easy to just move over your old contacts and datebook database to your new palm folder.

Before you sync etc, just copy your old palm folder to a new location, that way even if you mess things up, you haven't lost any of your old data... thats a cardinal rule.

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    NO NO NO! Even though the PD will try to search and detect apps that have known OS 5 incompatibilities, I would NOT rely on that 100%. I personally do not recommend syncing from an OS 4 or prior ver pda to an OS 5.x device. IMO, it's a much better idea to copy and paste the PIM only (if you want to keep the same username) and then fresh install everything else. Read this support tutorial for more info:

How To: Upgrade from a 180, 180g, 270, or 300 to a Treo 600
    Even after trying the different methods suggested by forum members, I was having trouble getting my Contact info, Memo, etc. into my Treo 600 from my 180. Couldn't seem to do it using my computers. So here's my solution: I went to the Address Book in my 180, and selected "Beam category" (all). That worked. Try inputting your custom categories in your new unit first, though. I didn't and now I have to reassign them. I also beamed "all" in Memo. (in Security on your old unit, select 'show private records' first). Unfortunately you can't beam your whole Calendar data over, but I'm just glad I saved my contacts & memos. Good luck.
    I moved from a 180 to a 600 as well and all my contacts and memos and such came over just fine when I first synced.
    Quote Originally Posted by <snip>Read this support tutorial for more info:

[URL=http://205.141.210.148/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=27,E=0000000000444593001,K=456,Sxi=0,useTemplate=Case.tem,CASE=29297
    How To: Upgrade from a 180, 180g, 270, or 300 to a Treo 600[/URL]
    That link has gone bad, and I've tried some searches... what site was it on originally?

Thanks,

-G
    Impatience makes you UGLY.