1.    #1  
    I'd like to try Web Pro, but I would also like to be able to move my zillion Blazer bookmarks over without copying them all down and manually entering them in Web Pro. Is there an easy way to do this?

For those of you who have been using Web Pro, is the bookmark page scheme a let down from the Blazer bookmark page scheme? After reading the Web Pro manual, it seems like the Blazer bookmark method would be easier.

What are the demo limitations?

(Also, while reading the support files on the PalmOne site, I noticed a bunch of references to Web Pro 3.5. What's that? The version for the Treo600 is 3.0.1).

Thanks!

Bill S
    Quote Originally Posted by tvBilly
    I'd like to try Web Pro, but I would also like to be able to move my zillion Blazer bookmarks over without copying them all down and manually entering them in Web Pro. Is there an easy way to do this?
    I'm afraid there isn't an easy way. For the future, you may want to consider setting up a basic page with links on your personal web pages, and set the default page of the browser to this. I've been using this setup for a while already because I'm using Blazer and WebViewer (and Web Pro in the past).

For those of you who have been using Web Pro, is the bookmark page scheme a let down from the Blazer bookmark page scheme? After reading the Web Pro manual, it seems like the Blazer bookmark method would be easier.
    The Blazer bookmarks are indeed better. Also, the Web Pro I was using didn't fully support the Treo 5-way which was annoying. Might be fixed in the current version.

What are the demo limitations?
    I was using the patched version from the Tungsten at the time, so I can't tell

(Also, while reading the support files on the PalmOne site, I noticed a bunch of references to Web Pro 3.5. What's that? The version for the Treo600 is 3.0.1).
    I didn't even know there was an official version for the Treo...the patched version from the Tungsten was 3.01 I believe.

Have a look at this thread, part of it is about the new Web Pro.
    Last edited by Mol; 05/05/2004 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Added link to other thread
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info Mol. I've been following the thread you mentioned all along, but wanted to start a new one, as my questions have nothing to do with Req Wireless' browser.

I generally prefer my home page to be on the "computer" rather than on the web, so I think I may make a page on my SD card to solve the problem of bookmarks being unique to the browser.

I wish I know what the Web Pro demo limitations were, as I don't have time to fool around much for the next couple of days, and I hate to install something only to find it's timed out before I had a chance to explore it. I guess I'll bite the bullet and install Web Pro tomorrow anyway.

Bill S
    Quote Originally Posted by tvBilly

VER 3.5 is the latest version available for the Z72, T3 etc I believe. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $it$ $is$ $not$ $compatible$ $with$ $the$ $Treo$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions