1.    #1  
    hey guys...im looking for some advice.

ive seen the web page that has all the firmware updates on it.

i have a palmone branded unit with 2.02 i believe.

I want to upgrade it to the latest version.

I see lots of different methods to upgrade...and im not sure which one to pick.

i have an unlocked unit now, and i want to make sure it stays unlocked, and the upgrade happens without problem.

what do you guys recommend to upgrade to?
    IF someone could guide me step by step quickly it would be so helpful....

maybe even post the website where i should go, that you guys actually recommend, or from someone who has upgraded their unlocked treo to the latest stable and good firmware
    thanks everyone
    how do you check your current firmware version? I have Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    how do you check your current firmware version? I have Sprint
    With wireless mode on: Phone app -> Menu -> Options -> Phone Info

The 3.04 firmware is for GSM users only, not CDMA (Sprint). There is an update for Sprint and the link to the update is mentioned in the Firmware FAQ:

http://coljac.net/treo_firmware_faq.html
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by vybe232
    hey guys...im looking for some advice.

ive seen the web page that has all the firmware updates on it.

i have a palmone branded unit with 2.02 i believe.

I want to upgrade it to the latest version.

I see lots of different methods to upgrade...and im not sure which one to pick.

i have an unlocked unit now, and i want to make sure it stays unlocked, and the upgrade happens without problem.

what do you guys recommend to upgrade to?
    IF someone could guide me step by step quickly it would be so helpful....

maybe even post the website where i should go, that you guys actually recommend, or from someone who has upgraded their unlocked treo to the latest stable and good firmware
    thanks everyone
    I believe method A in the firmware FAQ (see previous post) is for you since your phone is already unlocked...but may want confirmation from someone else who already had an unlocked phone and did the upgrade (I had an ATTWS locked phone and unlocked it with Method C).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I believe method A in the firmware FAQ (see previous post) is for you since your phone is already unlocked...but may want confirmation from someone else who already had an unlocked phone and did the upgrade (I had an ATTWS locked phone and unlocked it with Method C).
    Confirmed, method A is the one to use.
  6.    #6  
    so i have an unlocked palm 1 branded treo 600

if i use method A will my phone REMAIN unlocked?

that is the big question before i do this, that i must confirm.

thanks in advance to anyone that can confirm this!!
    If your phone is unlocked, a firmware upgrade will not lock it.
  8.    #8  
    perfect.

so i did the FW upgrade to 3.04 used option A
    my palm one unlocked treo is now updated with the latest FW.

NO PROBLEMS.

I installed off an SD card.
    i did though have to format my SD car for the treo to see the installer PRC file.

THANKS TO ALL for the help.

i do not see much camera improvement, still have blue dots!

hopefully we wil get a local on the device answering machine type app, like smart answer for the series 60...thatd be great.
    hi all,

does anybody know when palmone will officially release this firmware update?
    does anyone know where to get a 2.12 AT&T fw file?
    Dumb question,

I checked my firmware through the above method. It shows me Software and Hardware, but there is no mention of firmware on the screen - I have the Sprint version of the Treo600. The version shown is "Treo600-1.10-SPR."

Like I said though, no mention of firmware, and I can't determine if this version of software includes latest firmware or if they're independent entities. How do I tell what I actually have, or if I have the latest, or what? Did I miss something in the FAQ?
    Wireless mode needs to be on to view it.
    Teambilly the upgrades are for GSM phones only, you will seriously mess up your phone if you use the FAQ fimware upgrades matey!
    Thank you Scudder. That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    With wireless mode on: Phone app -> Menu -> Options -> Phone Info

The 3.04 firmware is for GSM users only, not CDMA (Sprint). There is an update for Sprint and the link to the update is mentioned in the Firmware FAQ:

http://coljac.net/treo_firmware_faq.html
    Like scottymomo already mentioned, the link for the Sprint update is there as well.
    Och aye jenny, I should read the whole thread before jumping in :-) It is a bloke thing, if all else fails, read the instructions...