Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You thought that Snappermail posted that to this board, before it crashed? It seems as if you are unsure if what you have said is true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    I thought the post they put on here before the crash said they were eliminating it.

If they grandfather old users in, it's up to them.
    When in doubt, email them for clarification.
    I've been a user of Agendus since it was Action Names 1.0, but haven't upgraded recently.

When I synced my Treo600, Agendus 6.1 was listed as an incompatible application, so it did not get re-installed.

I decided not to upgrade to a newer version because I have been on their case for over two years on a couple of bugs, and getting the alarm to vibrate. I've gotten ZERO responses from them, and my reasonable requests via their boards were removed a month after I posted them. I still have an open ticket, and it has never been addressed.

I now use KeySuite, and I while I miss the combined Calendar / Todo functionality, I love the ability to hold separate calendars (Mine, my wife's, my kids) on my Treo.

I still want vibrating alarms in a decent calendar replacement, but I haven't found anything yet.
    Your lifetime upgrades end with Snapper 2.0.

There are at least one third of the users not upgrading.
    I've followed many of your posts regarding snapper and I wanted to add thanks for bringing this to light. I downloaded the trial not too long ago and I love it but before I would have bought - would I have know about their shady licensing practices? No. I won't even look at a MarkSpace product again because of their practices.

But... it makes you wonder why some Palm apps are pirated... they are best in the industry but the licensing and payment are the deciding factor to pirate. Oh well. Now I need to look for another mail app.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by timmins
    I've followed many of your posts regarding snapper and I wanted to add thanks for bringing this to light. I downloaded the trial not too long ago and I love it but before I would have bought - would I have know about their shady licensing practices? No. I won't even look at a MarkSpace product again because of their practices.

But... it makes you wonder why some Palm apps are pirated... they are best in the industry but the licensing and payment are the deciding factor to pirate. Oh well. Now I need to look for another mail app.

what shaddy licensing practices?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    what shaddy licensing practices?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...cons/icon1.gif snapper delay
    It won't be out until the 40 days are up that was changed from 30 days due to my wife's scathing email to them after they announced 2.0 a couple of days after she bought the current version.

They never had any intention of giving anyone a free upgrade who purchased 30 days or 40 days before the release of 2.0 otherwise why have an April 7 cutoff date which provides a free upgrade to anyone who purchaes SM after that date. The only purpose was to quiet those who purchased near the announcement date in my opinion.

If you have been on the TC board long enough you will have seen other software companies get blasted for their upgrade policies. I am only surprised that there has not been more complaints regarding SM. They need to change their policy.

They have a reasonably good product but it has bugs and other unresolved issues. The cost is high. Their upgrade policy is not in line with most reputable software developers. And their claim that there is no refund is misleading as that is not entirely up to them or the software reseller as there are other factors such as state laws, etc. to consider.

First respose from Snappermail to a polite email from my wife:

Hi ---,

I understand your frustration, but there had to be a cut-off date, and no
    matter what it was, somebody would have purchased just the day before.
    (1) When you purchase 1.9.2, that is exactly what you are purchasing. You
    got a feature-packed product that works out of the box with no promise of
    free upgrades. Our official policy is that all upgrades will not be free
    (http://www.snappermail.com/company/legal.cfm), although, out of our own
    goodwill, we have been shipping free 0.1 updates for quite some time. (2)
    Complying with our upgrade policy, if you purchase within 30 days of a
    release we will ship a free upgrade. This is meant as a goodwill gesture,
    and if Version 2 ships next week, for example, then everyone in the past 23
    days will get a free upgrade regardless of the 7 April cutoff. (3) Just
    because 2.0 is out, you do not have to upgrade. 1.9.2 will continue to do
    exactly what it did when you purchased it. (4) We explicitly state and WARN

everyone that we have a no-refunds policy.---Jennifer ShelamerOnline FAQs:
    http://www.snappermail.com/support

Response by Snappermail to scathing email which started off about not giving a something, something http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/redface.gif about their no refund policy and reminding them about the delay in getting her the registration code, etc. which was not part of her purchase and resulted in her not being able to use it and the attachment features which she needed during the trip she was taking, and which was the reason she purchased it in the first place:

Hi ---,

I passed your comments to management, and they decided to change the upgrade policy to state that anyone who purchased within 40 days of the release date of the upgrade will get a free upgrade (it was 30 days before).
    ----
    Jennifer Shelamer
    FAQs: http://www.snappermail.com/support

Response to followup email about policy if 2.0 released after 40 days due to reference that it may first be released as beta to the public in their announcement:

NOTHING, and no response to her emails regarding technical questions and questions about add on features such as diddle bug.

Solution - requested refund, fully justified in my opinion, through VISA whch I help her prepare.

I don't have a JD after my name for nothing. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Geez, haven't even fixed the bugs in 7.xx yet ! Must have learned from Snapper how to drain their loyal users ?
    It is I admit a shame some people will have to pay for this fix/update (it is more than just bug fixes though)....

One good thing about Agendus (I have always used it) is the beta is open to everyone! and to get the free upgrade just help them fix the bugs, I have reported many for Agendus 8 beta and all have been fixed, yes one of these was a bug present in version 7 also but reported under beta it was fixed in 3 days.... I guess luckily for me I have also been informed I will not have to pay for the upgrade, although I would have paid anyway, as I like the product....

Agendus Mail 4 beta is a different story, that has stalled due to a complete rewrite of the memory management (was reseting devices too much)...

Snapper is a MUCH more expensive product for what it is! Esp as Agendus 8 pro people will get Agendus mail 4 when finished...
    Last edited by joele; 05/16/2004 at 09:25 PM.
    Yes, I e-mailed snappermail and they responded that they have no such plans and made no such statement regarding discontinuing lifetime upgrades.

Your statement "Your lifetime upgrades end with Snapper 2.0" is inaccurate.

When in doubt, email them for clarification.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12