Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    is there any other picture caller id manager other than lightwave ?
  2. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #2  
    how about using the one that is built in the treo
  3. #3  
    yeah, you use the built in one. I use callshield and pic caller id works for me.
    Christo

    "it's not the quantity, but the quality"

    There are NO Limits
  4. #4  
    what picture caller id is built into the treo?? how do u work it??
    PJ
  5. #5  
    i have call shield...but i could not find any picture caller id in there. how do u activate this?
    PJ
  6. #6  
    To use the picture caller ID built into the treo you have create a speed dial favourite button for the person, select the more button and associate an image and ringtone to that caller. (instructions lifted from page 9 of tips, on the menu when you're in contacts on your treo)
  7.    #7  
    but thats only limit to the number of fav you have
    and also the picture must be build in your phone ..cannot on SD
    so CallShield does this ?

    Jamula, have u figured out how ?
  8. #8  
    the picture id IS in the favorites. If you've got more than 50 that need their own pictures, i guess your stuck. The pics do have to be in the Treo, but that's what the camera is for! I'm sure if you think and search, you'll find a way to transfer pics from your pc to the ram.

    i was just saying that callshield does not cause any problems with the pic id that is built into the phone. I gave up on lightwav once they started adding features available for GSM only.
    Christo

    "it's not the quantity, but the quality"

    There are NO Limits
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Jamula@ppl.co
    what picture caller id is built into the treo?? how do u work it??
    I have written a compleat How To Guide on this. Here is everything you need to know about Picture ID Built in your phone:
    http://www.tavisjohn.com/treo600/How..._caller_id.htm
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    the picture id IS in the favorites. If you've got more than 50 that need their own pictures, i guess your stuck. The pics do have to be in the Treo, but that's what the camera is for! I'm sure if you think and search, you'll find a way to transfer pics from your pc to the ram.

    i was just saying that callshield does not cause any problems with the pic id that is built into the phone. I gave up on lightwav once they started adding features available for GSM only.
    where did you get the sense that lightwav is only for GSM phones? Lightwav works fine on GSM and CDMA Treos. It has been since day one.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    I'm sure if you think and search, you'll find a way to transfer pics from your pc to the ram.
    If you copy pics to the 'Treo Pictures' folder, when you hotsync it will automatically add it to your phone.
    Just go to Start->programs->handspring->treo pictures.
    then save the pics in there, perform a hotsync, and voila...the pics that you added can also be found in your treo's pics database (the same place where you find the ones you took with the camara).
  12.    #12  
    i prefer in SD though .. doesnt take my ram space ..
    god i wish palmone would do an address book like Easy Address where u can add pictures then it will appear when ppl call ..

    isnt that too much to ask ? i dont think thats hard to do ..
    tungnsten already have those features .. just that htey dont have phone capabilities for picture caller ID .. their adderss book already ahve pictures ..

    sob sob .. treo .. some updates please ...
  13. #13  
    Yes I agree if I understand correctly. I would like to associate photos to the address book while keeping the photos on the SD card.

    SPG
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    If you copy pics to the 'Treo Pictures' folder, when you hotsync it will automatically add it to your phone.
    Just go to Start->programs->handspring->treo pictures.
    then save the pics in there, perform a hotsync, and voila...the pics that you added can also be found in your treo's pics database (the same place where you find the ones you took with the camara).
    that doesn't seem to work for me...
    Last edited by mackey; 05/27/2005 at 04:05 PM.

Posting Permissions