Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    It works with the new Snappermail beta. The trigger I use is "mail." Both of 'em work. Ben
    Does the auto fetch in SM need to be enabled, or does it work through manual delivery? I'm using earthlink for mail, it works in SM ok, but trying to figure the trigger text feature in Treohelper. What key words can be used to fetch ALL mail? Trying to understand this...thanks in advance
    Basejet does a good job with this...a real good job. Check it out at basejet.com

Plus you can tell that the programmer uses his product and loves making it better.

Derek
    Derek

Treo 180 --> 270 --> 600 --> 650 --> 680 -- Pro ( )
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    Basejet does a good job with this...a real good job. Check it out at basejet.com

Plus you can tell that the programmer uses his product and loves making it better.

Derek
    Thanks....looks like a great product, but I've already dropped 50 bones for Snappermail, and not really interested in purchasing another e-mail client. I'm just trying to figure out how to use treo helper to trigger SMS alerts...doesn't seem to be working out too well just yet, but I'll keep trying
    That depends on what you use to send the SMS. If you use Yahoo it will always start with "Fr: " which works great. If you use Sprint mail it will send something like "Check your PCS mail". BTW you DONT want to simply forward all email to your SMS email address (like 5558675309@messaging.sprintpcs.com) because if its past a certain size it will bounce back to the original sender.

I personally use fastmail.fm and forward certain things to Yahoo to send the SMS.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Judging by the complete lack of response by BaseJet to their customers on their support forums, the belief by some is that they may be out of business. It doesn't appear as though anyone has responded in months. In fact, it's gotten to the point now where most people who post to the support forums are actively discussing and recommending products that compete with BaseJet. The company reps haven't even deleted the posts, let alone respond to them.
    I demo'd it once a while ago, and while the interface was very nice there were plenty of bugs. It really felt like an unfinished product overall. That plus the lack of support would make me steer clear of BaseJet.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    That depends on what you use to send the SMS. If you use Yahoo it will always start with "Fr: " which works great. If you use Sprint mail it will send something like "Check your PCS mail". BTW you DONT want to simply forward all email to your SMS email address (like 5558675309@messaging.sprintpcs.com) because if its past a certain size it will bounce back to the original sender.

I personally use fastmail.fm and forward certain things to Yahoo to send the SMS.
    I currently have an Earthlink acct which is my primary one. How do you know what to use as a trigger to notify of all incoming mail? Also what are the settings in the latest SM? Forgive my ignorance...
    A quick reminder to everyone that Chatter is the ONLY true push email client on the Treo. A major new revision (1.1) will be out by the end of the month*

Marc

*I'm hoping that month is July.
    I will 2nd, 3rd and 4th that. I don't drink, so I can't do the 5th. Marc's Chatter program is THE one to consider. Ben
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy

Derek
    Hope you're in the market for a new e-mail client....Basejet is shutting it's doors effective 1/05
    As a paid user of Basejet I am disappointed to report (but glad FINALLY to know) that Basejet apparently is no more. Run, do not walk, to better products; remember the development company and its developers both of which were unable to perform satisfactorily ---

Dear Basejet Customers and Users,

It is with a heavy heart that we must report to you that the Basejet service is being discontinued. We have spent the last three years building a business around providing a premier wireless email solution for smartphones. However, in spite of much hard work and sacrifice by our dedicated team, and the enthusiastic support of our users, we have been unable to raise the additional funds necessary to maintain the business with the right level of service and support. We have, however, decided to use the remaining funds to cover the hosting fees for the Basejet service for another six months (through January 2005).

We'd like to thank all of the users who have enjoyed this product over the years. You can continue to use the service through January of 2005, or start looking into some of the other solutions available today.

http://www.palmone.com/us/wireless/e...atibility.html

Again, we thank you for your support.

- Basejet Team
    I too must say that Chatter is one of those few Palm programs that are in a league of their own. I set up a rule in Outlook to forward mail to my fastmail account, which Chatter pulls in. Incredible!!! If I get a mail with attachments, then I use SM to pull those in.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    As a team, SnapperMail and Chatter are hard to beat. Ben
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12