Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    i think a little trust has been earned. i am annoyed too, but knowing the tc guys i bet they are working hard to bring back an improved mobile site.
    I agree. These guys provide a great site, give 'em some time if they need it. After living without any forum for a few weeks, I'm happy to have something back sooner rather than later.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Well, these guys provide little if any support as far as I can tell, but it's not like we're paying for something we're not getting. And they ARE the best Treo site anywhere by far.

I'll live.
    I think everyone would be more forgiving if we were informed about whats going on. Marcus, if you couldnt get it done by Wednesday then just tell us instead of keeping us trying the site over and over, only to be dissapointed.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Yunno although Wednesday was promised, no particular Wednesday was specified. Could be next week, could be next month.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Hey all, why not come and join the new forums at http://mytreo.net/wapforum - it's designed to be ultra-fast and easy to use on your Treo browser Join, login and you can begin posting right away, directly from your Treo - Ask your buddies to signup too!

mytreo.net is a non-commercial site, designed by Treo users, for Treo users. It's your site!

PS. the site is ultra-reliable, fast, and the forums benefit from daily and weekly managed backups
    http://mytreo.net -- for owners of the Treo smartphone -- Treo specific downloads, news, reviews, how to guides, forums, and much more!

Please email me if you would like to join the mytreo.net admin staff and help contribute to the only online community for Treo owners, by Treo owners.
    dutchtrumpet - come on. this site has always been great. i think a little trust has been earned. i am annoyed too, but knowing the tc guys i bet they are working hard to bring back an improved mobile site.

Hey... I'd be totally fine with that IF they would just give some word. I repeat, there is no excuse for not communicating with the forum about the progress or the lack thereof with the mobile discussion forum. The last update to the "Discussion Board Issues" was Saturday April 24th. You can provide no rational for the lack of a subsequent update, especially with the expressed frustration here.

I absolutely love Treocentral. I am deeply indebted to the knowledge base found here, not to mention the camaraderie. My wish is only it's continued success and viability. I applaud the desire to make it better. I really am a very patient person but at this point I feel a little jerked around.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Quote Originally Posted by riverbruce
    dutchtrumpet - come on. this site has always been great. i think a little trust has been earned. i am annoyed too, but knowing the tc guys i bet they are working hard to bring back an improved mobile site.

Hey... I'd be totally fine with that IF they would just give some word. I repeat, there is no excuse for not communicating with the forum about the progress or the lack thereof with the mobile discussion forum. The last update to the "Discussion Board Issues" was Saturday April 24th. You can provide no rational for the lack of a subsequent update, especially with the expressed frustration here.

I absolutely love Treocentral. I am deeply indebted to the knowledge base found here, not to mention the camaraderie. My wish is only it's continued success and viability. I applaud the desire to make it better. I really am a very patient person but at this point I feel a little jerked around.
    I absolutely agree with those sentiments. I am so surprised at the lack of communication, I just feel there must be some sort of explanation.
    All of this whining and moaning from all these users here at the forum (not just in this thread but a lot of the threads) has really started to get on my last nerve these past 6 months. That said, this forum is free to use, yes we'd all like for the mobile version to work, but since you aren't paying anything to use this site you have nothing to whine about. For the longest time the subscription e-mail links used to send us to visorcentral, and it was somewhat annoying but it's only been in the past 6 months I've seen someone compain about it. This forum is free and it is what it is. You should just be happy there is a place that is so popular that you can talk treo stuff. I think all of this just shows how addicted some of us are to treocentral.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockSLL
    All of this whining and moaning from all these users here at the forum (not just in this thread but a lot of the threads) has really started to get on my last nerve these past 6 months. That said, this forum is free to use, yes we'd all like for the mobile version to work, but since you aren't paying anything to use this site you have nothing to whine about. For the longest time the subscription e-mail links used to send us to visorcentral, and it was somewhat annoying but it's only been in the past 6 months I've seen someone compain about it. This forum is free and it is what it is. You should just be happy there is a place that is so popular that you can talk treo stuff. I think all of this just shows how addicted some of us are to treocentral.
    Steve... would you facilitate the TA (Treocentral Anonymous) support group. Seriously though, I wouldn't consider this whining, it's a forum and that's the nature of the beast... expressing profound displeasure.
    www.riverontheweb.com

Hey... I feel better already... just talking about it helps.
    Last edited by riverbruce; 05/07/2004 at 07:54 AM.
    www.riverontheweb.com

I guess I am personally tired of seeing thread after thread of complaining:

Mobile site doesn't work
    My phone doesn't work after I unlock my phone
    Treo has major flaw because you can hit a keyboard button to answer or cancel a call even if the keyguard is on
    etc.

I can understand people making others aware of issues, it's just the way they are doing it just wears me down. I think forums are a place to discuss, figure things out, and just a general place of GOOD information. There is nothing good about all of the complaining and whining going on at this site. I ordered one of the first set of treo 180's two years ago, and then the 270, and finally a 600 and yes, i've had some problems with them but they have been fixed to my satisfaction. I think people don't really think of their treo as a small computer. They load a bunch of crappy software on it and compain that their treo resets all the time. Similar to computers, if you load a bunch of crappy software (especially screen savers, fonts, etc.) you will run into errors poping up and performance issues. I also believe that a lot of peoples compaints about the treo can actually be directed to their choice of carrier/technology. People ask me, "why do you use cingular, doesn't their covarage suck?". I always respond that I'm not wedded to cingular, I'm wedded to the GSM technology because I feel it is a superior technology.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockSLL
    I guess I am personally tired of seeing thread after thread of complaining:
    I see you have no problem with "complaining", but every other form comes across like "pain" and "paint".
    Woo hoo!! It's here!! *happy dance*
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Yup, but with bugs attached. Nothing major: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=50405

ps: Hope you don't take this personal, but that avatar looks HOT!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12