Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I just received an e-mail newsletter from PalmOne which had a blurb on a new video recording app for the 600 called Live. Here is the link to the information: http://software.palmone.com//Platfor...22&source=treo

It doesn't do sound though (they say that this is not possible on the "first generaton Treo 600"). It's by Toysoft which is the same group that brought out LightWav.
    Jeff
    This has been on the boards for a little while now. I am just amazed that it's on Palm's website. I think Lightwav is polished enough for that honor but I think Live still has quite a way to go. IMHO anyway.
    lightwave is very buggy and laggy
    2 most combination palm wouldnt want to see ...
    I was one of Lightwavs biggest critics when it first came out. they have since worked most of the issues and it is great now. I personally haven't seen any issues with it being buggy and I honestly haven't had the urge to test the supposed lag because it isn't noticeable on my phone. Plus I would be willing to put up with a little lag in order to have my favorite songs play while a video of my son and nephews dancing comes on when the phone rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    I was one of Lightwavs biggest critics when it first came out. they have since worked most of the issues and it is great now. I personally haven't seen any issues with it being buggy and I honestly haven't had the urge to test the supposed lag because it isn't noticeable on my phone. Plus I would be willing to put up with a little lag in order to have my favorite songs play while a video of my son and nephews dancing comes on when the phone rings.
    Correct, many of us use Lightwav trouble free.

Problems always arise when running multiple background apps, conflicts etc. No two peope run the same apps, Treo version, carrier etc.

That's whats great about TC, we always try and help each other out !
    Check out the latest on MovieRec at http://www.infinityball.com/movierec110.aspx. It's a great little app in the making and it's donation-ware ! Most of us will be waiting for an official firmware update from Palm though, not to void the warranty ...
    Yep I am waiting for more updates on the MovieRec app also. I try to keep an open mind and evaluate software objectively. Believe me when Ryan gets a few more features in there I will be singing his praises. The one thing I do like is the ability to export his video as a playable file. With Live you can only export as jpegs and use another app to author a movie. That's a real pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    Yep I am waiting for more updates on the MovieRec app also. I try to keep an open mind and evaluate software objectively.
    I'm hanging in there as well, but just for the record, the first version of Movierec was outstanding. When I showed it to friends it had the WOW factor. However the latest version may have more bells and whistles, but the play back is terrible, I don't dare show anyone.

Sorry for the bad feedback, but this is how it is. I'm using the latest non sound version. If only the play back could be as good as the first version.

Yes I'm waiting for a new version rather than jumping in the Live! camp, but the lack of progress or feedback is a pain. If the workload is a problem I would understand, but let us know.

Chas.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway