1.    #1  
    There is a new program for converting DVD's to AVI files for playing in MMPlayer.

There is a trial that will give you a 5-10 minute encode.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=116472
    Have you purchased and tried this with full length movies? I would like to know the quality and ease of use before I forked out $32. do you think it beats MMPlayerjobmaker which is freeware?
    Lots of questions, can anyone answer? There has to be something better than Kinoma out there!
    i purchased it. it's GREAT and SIMPLE!
    gany
    There was a great review of Pocket DVD Studio recently on Tapland FYI!

http://www.tapland.com/reviews/software/?id=226

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Dam, you cannot register it on a stand alone PC, it has to have internet connectivity before it will register. Very annoying! I wanted to use the idle PC while I am working (ahem - do i ever do any work).

Fast reply from their support, it is possible to load to stand alone PC using add on files from support. No worries.
    Last edited by scudder; 05/05/2004 at 02:06 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    There was a great review of Pocket DVD Studio recently on Tapland FYI!

http://www.tapland.com/reviews/software/?id=226
    Used it last night, works great !
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Used it last night, works great !
    Which settings did you use? downloaded demo, then, chose 160x96 15 pixel setting --->on mmplayer avi file was pixely sound just ok was this because I don't have full version of mmplayer?

Months ago went the Kinoma route (full version) then had to get Quicktime (full version) cause that's what worked best for my mac-works great for movie previews etc.-NOW, this pocket dvd seems simple and promising for whole movies etc. I'd like be able to get better quality in demo mode before i go for full version pocket dvd +full version mmplayer.(mo' money,
    mo' money)
    any help would be appreciated.

aD
    phone=$599.00 software=$599,999,999,999.00 treo=priceless
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by treodelsoul
    Which settings did you use? downloaded demo, then, chose 160x96 15 pixel setting --->on mmplayer avi file was pixely sound just ok was this because I don't have full version of mmplayer?

Months ago went the Kinoma route (full version) then had to get Quicktime (full version) cause that's what worked best for my mac-works great for movie previews etc.-NOW, this pocket dvd seems simple and promising for whole movies etc. I'd like be able to get better quality in demo mode before i go for full version pocket dvd +full version mmplayer.(mo' money,
    mo' money)
    any help would be appreciated.

aD
    phone=$599.00 software=$599,999,999,999.00 treo=priceless
    Pocket DVD V1.1.0

Input Settings
    160 96 15k pixel
    Angle 1
    Interpolate
    Detect prog 24Hz
    Fore 24 Hz
    Output
    24Kbits
    22Khz
    Mono
    15fps

MMPlayer V 0.2.11

Best Fit Best Fit
    Floow GUI
    B-Frame 100
    Audio Buffer 64kb
    Video 128Kb
    Preload start 10
    Preload at underrun 30
    Thanks! dlbrummels,
    I appreciate your quick response, I'll try those settings.

aD
    Well, I do not know what is wrong, but I cannot get movies to go past about 26-28 minutes before the programme stops converting. Nothing wrong with the avi files except for the brevity which is a pain. Waiting for support to reply.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by scudder
    Well, I do not know what is wrong, but I cannot get movies to go past about 26-28 minutes before the programme stops converting. Nothing wrong with the avi files except for the brevity which is a pain. Waiting for support to reply.
    I just coverted a whole DVD movie this morning, without a glitch.

1:32:27 minutes 89,340 KB
    Grrrr...
  13.    #13  
    What are you converting ?

Is it a copy protected DVD ?
    Nope, all three I have tried have been ripped to DVD before so they aint protected, they are all PAL though and not USA type DVDs... I think that might have a bearing on the problem?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by scudder
    Nope, all three I have tried have been ripped to DVD before so they aint protected, they are all PAL though and not USA type DVDs... I think that might have a bearing on the problem?
    Try a different region DVD, NTSC ?
    Nah dl I am in the UK, no NTSC over here
    will this convert svcd's and vcd's as well?