Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    I've asked a similar question in the past, but received no answers. So I'm reformulating my question.

Is there a way to manage my task list so that I can filter my tasks either by project or by type?

I typically have 15-20 active projects at any one time. For each project, I might have calls to make, work to do, emails to send, or errands to run. I prefer to enter the tasks into the list by project - so I can see all the tasks related to a particular project. But I prefer to review my tasks by type - so I can see all the calls I have to make, for instance, or all the errands I have to run. And I would like to be able to have alerts when a task is due.

On my desktop Outlook 2002, I use the category field for the project, and a a custom field for type. But I've never found a palm conduit that transfers custom fields or a palm application that accepts them.

I've experimented with DateBk5, Agendus, ToDo+, ToDo List (the built-in software), Bonsai, Progect, and ListPro, but have not yet found a solution.

This seems like it should be a fairly common problem. Has anyone figured out how to solve it?

Thanks.
    You should be able to do what you want using ListPro. Just add another column to your list (probably category would be the best type), for your activity type. Then you can sort by either category or activity type (or both). You'd need to sync your lists with ListPro on your desktop, rather than Outlook, but you can import your tasks from Outlook into ListPro initially to set it all up.

ListPro will also let you create alerts when a task is due.

If you have other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Dana Kelly
    Ilium Software
    www.iliumsoft.com
    Progect is a very nice freeware tool for this as well!

http://www.freewarepalm.com/business...tmanager.shtml

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions