1.    #1  
    For some reason when I try and change the Time Zone the whole thing freezes requiring a reset. Not so good........

Yes, I've only had my Treo 600 fro 2 months but I had a Palm V before that, so I can work tke Palm OS.

Any clues ??
    Hi,

I've got the same freeze, but pushing the home button will get me back to the main applications screen. Also resets after slightest mechanical shock, reception with ATT sucks, support is horrible... etc. All in all, I am quite turned off by the device and I wish I could undo my purchase.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response. I love the device this is my only real niggle, and lets face it its a small one. I'm sorry to hear your having probs with reception, in the UK (with Orange) it's not perfect but good enough for me. It does help that I had a Palm before so all the apps are familiar.

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbudd
    For some reason when I try and change the Time Zone the whole thing freezes requiring a reset. Not so good........

Yes, I've only had my Treo 600 fro 2 months but I had a Palm V before that, so I can work tke Palm OS.

Any clues ??
    It's a known bug. Have you applied the OrangeUK software updater? It may fix it...
    www.gsmworld.com
    The 3.04 update didn't fix it for me. Haven't done the 3.05 upgrade yet. I've got no problem with timezones using WorldMate, so I just forget about the timezone in the system settings, and have moved CityTime (which also causes resets for me) to my "unused programs" folder.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    It's a known bug. Have you applied the OrangeUK software updater? It may fix it...
    It's a bug with the Sprint Treo as well and the 1.2 update did not fix it either.
    Jeff
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    Yes I applied the Orange updater today and optimistically checked the prefs for date and time.......

No it doesn't fix it. I agree for general purposes it's not a big issue but my email time seem to be five hours out (my current incorrect time zone setting!)

Thanks for the reply its good to know I'm not alone
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbudd
    Yes I applied the Orange updater today and optimistically checked the prefs for date and time.......

No it doesn't fix it. I agree for general purposes it's not a big issue but my email time seem to be five hours out (my current incorrect time zone setting!)

Thanks for the reply its good to know I'm not alone
    One possible way around the problem is to go into City Time. I know when I do, it complains that the current time zone is wrong and wants me to choose a new one. If I choose the first one it suggests as a new one I then go into the menu..Utilities...Change Location. Then tell it you are moving to the correct time zone you are in and hit OK. This will update the system time and date. I generally have to do this every so often because it doesn't seem to stick for more than a day, but if after you do this and go into preferences and uncheck use network time, you will see that the application doesn't crash (at least not on my Sprint 600).

I hope this helps,
    Jeff
  9.    #9  
    CityTime seems to solve the problem. Hurray !

Thanks jglev. I can I can now ignore the real question of what caused it in the first place!

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    One possible way around the problem is to go into City Time. I know when I do, it complains that the current time zone is wrong and wants me to choose a new one. If I choose the first one it suggests as a new one I then go into the menu..Utilities...Change Location. Then tell it you are moving to the correct time zone you are in and hit OK. This will update the system time and date. I generally have to do this every so often because it doesn't seem to stick for more than a day, but if after you do this and go into preferences and uncheck use network time, you will see that the application doesn't crash (at least not on my Sprint 600).

I hope this helps,
    It works only if I don't use the 'Enable local network time'
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebear
    It works only if I don't use the 'Enable local network time'
    It works, but it doesn't seem to stick for more than a day.
    Jeff