1.    #1  
    I was thinking about changing from the t-mobile sidekick to the treo 600 (t-mobile). I was wondering if u guys can help me answer some questions....
    1. Does AIM work the same as the sdk (it can stay on 24/7)
    2. Can you multitask like talk to someone on aim, then switch to another program but still have AIM on but if multiple users IM you, you will recieve notification?

I guess my main concern is the IM issue. I love how AIM works on the sidekick, but I run a business and do financial stuff and I end up carrying my sidekick, phone, and a palm pilot. The IM feature is #1 priority on my list and I wanna make sure I know what I am getting into before getting it. I love the sidekick but its only good for just AIM, nothing more, and I need more. Thanks in advance.
    You'll want to use an IM alternative like Chatter (http://www.imchatter.com) or Verichat (http://www.verichat.com/verichat/).

AOLs AIM 1.2 software on the Treo600 is buggy and causes a nice soft-reset loop if the phone rings while you have AIM running (and may occur when you go to other apps as well) that can be resolved by doing a warm reset->delete AIM off the Treo->soft-reset->reinstall AIM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    In addition to chatter and verichat, mundu IM is another option.
    VeriChat sends you an SMS when ever an IM is sent to you and the program is not up. You can also do quick replies in the SMS, very nice feature. As long as you are signed on ppl can IM you.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Does Verichat hook in with AIM, and/or yahoo chat or is this a totally separate chat system that your other friends have to sign up with too?
    You can log into AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ and any combo of those at the same time
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about