Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I only experienced the problem after a scheduled Profile change. It was fine after a manual override. The problem only started yesterday after I installed the new Profeo, BrightCam and a Chatter update. I removed all 3 reinstalled each one by one but phone worked fine after each were reinstalled. (no scheduled profile changes during that time period) Finally figured out it was Profeo this morning when my profile changed (scheduled) at 5:30 and my phone freaked again. I was able to repeat the phone problem with several test scheduled profile changes. I never used the 0.8.x version of Profeo so I don't know if it would have caused me problems. I had the 2day beta installed last week but removed it. It never caused me any problems.

Again, I want to emphasize the problem only occurred after a sheduled change, not a manual change. I only use Profeo to control my volume levels.
    I just started having the phone application reset problem again today! Very frustrating. I just upgraded last night to 0.9.2. Looks like lb505 has identified a serious bug. When your smartphone isn't a phone anymore, the best of addon utilities loose their luster......
    30 second delay seems to fix everything for me. I did not have this option checked before. I should have tried it sooner! Now, if only Profeo allowed different profile settings for different days of the week, it would be PERFECT for me.
    I've looked for help on this point, but I haven't found any topics so far.

I'd like to keep the keyboard backlight turned on at all times the screen is on. I've tried playing with the switches and optionsin profeo, and had no luck. Has any one else succeeded with this?

Thanks!
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Farstrider
    I've looked for help on this point, but I haven't found any topics so far.

I'd like to keep the keyboard backlight turned on at all times the screen is on. I've tried playing with the switches and optionsin profeo, and had no luck. Has any one else succeeded with this?

Thanks!
    Fastrider, this is not possible yet because of a limitation of the Treo's lights control API. I have a tested a workaround, which allows you to keep the keyboard backlight always on, but I have not implemented it in Profeo Lite yet. If you send me your e-mail in a private message, then I will send you tomorrow a test application which allows you to have permanent keyboard backlight (note that the program only controls the screen and keyboard lights).
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  6.    #106  
    guys, I can understand that the resets are a serious issue and I will try to figure out what might be causing them, although it will be difficult, because it doesn't happen on my Treo, so I can not diagnose the problem. can someone tell me if it happens only when the radio must turn on or when it must turn off, or always. also, do you have open data connection at that time ? does is reset/freeze if you have disabled the radio control option (e.g., only the light/sound control are enabled).
    also, can I ask you to post your comments in mytreo.net's support forums - sometimes I loose track of things which are posted in 2 separate places.
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    guys, I can understand that the resets are a serious issue and I will try to figure out what might be causing them, although it will be difficult, because it doesn't happen on my Treo, so I can not diagnose the problem. can someone tell me if it happens only when the radio must turn on or when it must turn off, or always. also, do you have open data connection at that time ? does is reset/freeze if you have disabled the radio control option (e.g., only the light/sound control are enabled).
    also, can I ask you to post your comments in mytreo.net's support forums - sometimes I loose track of things which are posted in 2 separate places.
    I don't use Profeo for radio control, only sound. I DO use TreoHelper for radio control so maybe there was a conflict with that. It happened regardless of whether there was a data connection.

The reset was resolved for me with the 30 second delay box checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    I do not use the radio control option in PL or any other utility. My radio is on 24/7. I do use PL for light and sound control. I have not been able to narrow down the conditions that cause the phone app to hang. It appears to be very random but once the hang starts it is repeatable and continuious. Thanks to lb505, I now know it is this application that is causing the phone applicaiton to soft-reset. The only way I was able to restore my phone application was to do a hard reset and restore the device from a backup. So it sounds to me like PL is corrupting some file that the phone application depends on. What files/registers/etc is PL touching? Again it appears that once the phone app starts reseting, it is constant and repeatatble. That tells me that it is not a memory corruption problem but rather a file related issue. Just my 2c.
    Mine used to reset, then I told profeo to delay 30 seconds and it hasn't done it since.

--TechDude
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I do not use the radio control option in PL or any other utility. My radio is on 24/7. I do use PL for light and sound control. I have not been able to narrow down the conditions that cause the phone app to hang. It appears to be very random but once the hang starts it is repeatable and continuious. Thanks to lb505, I now know it is this application that is causing the phone applicaiton to soft-reset. The only way I was able to restore my phone application was to do a hard reset and restore the device from a backup. So it sounds to me like PL is corrupting some file that the phone application depends on. What files/registers/etc is PL touching? Again it appears that once the phone app starts reseting, it is constant and repeatatble. That tells me that it is not a memory corruption problem but rather a file related issue. Just my 2c.
    hey Jeff, thanks for the feedback. Profeo is not working direclty with ANY files or regsiters on your Treo. It uses the standard PalmOS/Handspring APIs to accomplish everything. Even more, if the radio control is disabled, then Profeo will not execute any radio/phone-related options at all. I am surprised that you had to hard-reset your Treo - this has never happened to anyone else - didn't a "warm"-reset help (reset while holding the up button) ? Anyway, I will try to figure out what the problem might be, but it is most likely caused by interactions with third-party applications - especially when the problem is fixed for many people if they enable Profeo's 30sec delay option. Did you try to use it ?
    I have now set the 30 second delay option and have not seen the problem yet. I am not familiar with the warm reset option. I was trying a soft rest by just hitting the reset hole on the back of the treo. That would not bring back the phone application. But what I can way is that once I disabled PL the phone app came back to life again. Very strange indeed. Here is a list of the apps that I have running on my treo. Would be glad to help you debug this problem.

Palm Card
    ----------
    AIM
    Airline Timetables
    American
    United
    AlwaysOn
    AquaButton Manager
    BackupMan
    BigClock
    BrightCam (Disabled)
    Business Connection
    CardKeeper
    ClockPop
    DisableButtons
    Docs2go
    FileZ
    Graffiti1
    GraffitiAnywhere
    HolidayUSA
    KeyCaps
    LEDOff (disabled)
    Missing Icons
    MovieRecord
    OnCradleOn
    PalmHandZipper120
    Pickem
    PocketMirror Professional
    Profeo Light
    pTunes
    SnapClip
    SoundRecord
    SoundOff
    SpashID
    SyncAll
    Today
    TreoAllegro
    TreoGuard (disabled)
    VeriChat
    WarmSync
    WordToGo

SD Card
    --------
    Adobe
    Alerts
    BackGammon
    BigClock
    CameraTest
    DiddleBug
    Directory Assistance
    EzFTP
    Flight Status
    FreeBlocks
    Klondike
    MineHunt
    OmniRemote
    PalmVNC
    Puzzle
    Qset
    QuickTip
    TrackerDog
    TreoOffOn
    Xpense PDA
    Zap2016
  12.    #112  
    hey Jeff, thanks, I will have a look at the applications list.

warm reset is a type of soft reset - the difference is that no third part software is started after warm reset, but all programs/data is preserved. to perform warm reset you have to press the up button, reset Treo and hold the up button until the reset is complete. this way you can disable a not-well-behaving application without the need for hard reset.
    Thanks for the definition of a warm reset. That would have saved some extra work!
    Found a spelling error in Profeo Lite that has been killing me. Can you fix whenever next revision is released?

Change "Autooff" to what I think is the correct spelling; "Auto-off".

Is this right? I hope so.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Found a spelling error in Profeo Lite that has been killing me. Can you fix whenever next revision is released?

Change "Autooff" to what I think is the correct spelling; "Auto-off".

Is this right? I hope so.
    This is a though one to fix. I am not sure what is the correct spelling - I will check and see what I can do.
    What about Profie scheduling?

Is this what you intended or should it be Profile scheduling?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    What about Profie scheduling?

Is this what you intended or should it be Profile scheduling?
    darn. another though one.
    When 0.9.2 is enabled, I can't play .wav files from my card on LightWav

The 30 sec delay doesn't seem to help either. The .wav file (my ring tone) plays only when I have the Enable box in Profeo unchecked.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    When 0.9.2 is enabled, I can't play .wav files from my card on LightWav

The 30 sec delay doesn't seem to help either. The .wav file (my ring tone) plays only when I have the Enable box in Profeo unchecked.
    Neill, thanks for the feedback. Did it work with any of the previous Profeo versions ? Can you also try to disable the sound control (uncheck the sound checkbox in the settings) and tell me if you still have the same problem ?
    It has worked with earlier versions, Nachon. Lightwav doesn't work with the current version, even with Sound disabled.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast