Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 132
  1. #81  
    I assume you mean adjust the volume with the volume keys on the side? That would make things real easy if it works and goes back to the original set volume. I've forgotten to change back too many times after I've been out driving and have exposed my coworkers to really loud mp3 ringtones that they don't want to hear. Thanks, I'll try it.
  2.    #82  
    Laurie, yes, this is what I mean. Profeo always restores the profile-defined volume level every time when you switch profiles (which is what happens when the override expires or when you exit the hotkey form in any possible way).

    This should work fine, but for some reason the override doesn't always end automatically, I am trying to figure out why and when this happens.

    Please tell me if it works fine or if you need a more specific behavior.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  3. #83  
    This will work perfect once the override ends the way it should. I tried it twice and once it ended when I scheduled and once it didn't.

    Thanks a bunch!
  4.    #84  
    Laurie, I actualy decided to add explicit volume override to the hotkey form, which uses the volume keys. I am also testing to see if I have fixed the override expiration. The updated version will be available tomorrow, when I fix several other suggestions/issues.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  5. #85  
    I've been using the new Profeo 600 Lite and am wondering if the problem I'm having with the vibrate mode shutting off is related to my profiles for various times of the day. I tend to have the vibrate off during the day and on in the evening. Is there a way to make it vibrate only if the sound is off instead of telling it not to vibrate at all?

    Thanks.
  6.    #86  
    MVT, I am sorry, but in the current version of Profeo there isn't such option. I may add it for the next release, but I have been realy busy in the last days, so I don't want to promise anything - I am not even sure when I will be able to release the next version - hopefuly in about a week.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  7. #87  
    Thanks for the quick reply.

    I couldn't figure out why I kept turning on the vibrate and it was shutting itself off. Then I realized my Profeo profiles were telling it to turn it off!

    My fix for now is to tell Profeo not to do anything with the sound because I keep forgetting that Profeo tells it to have no vibrate at all and then I have the switch on vibrate only! The result is I miss calls!
  8.    #88  
    I understand. I will try to fix that when I start working more actively on the next version.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    I understand. I will try to fix that when I start working more actively on the next version.
    Recently have to uninstall your software , it was causing my Treo to hang and at the same time making it loose power, don't ask me how but once I removed it ,the problem disappeared & has since not reaccurred, have you had anyone report this problem. The real pain comes when it freezes, the power include all hard buttons cannot power on the unit. Only a soft reset will work but the problem will reaccur again, this did not happen in your earlier 0.8 versions, only from 0.9 versions did it occur.

    A brain teaser for you once you are free to work at it.

    Anyway, I am using the solo version of light and radio version and it has been so far so good
  10. #90  
    I too have experienced this hang since upgrading to v9. Fortunately, it occurs rarely for me, but it's not pretty.
  11.    #91  
    hmm, it is kinda difficult to find the problem, when I don't know when/how does it happen. Are you guys willing to try to disable some of Profeo's options (light control, radio control, sound control) and tell me the results? If I can pinpoint one area, which causes the problems, then I can fix them.

    Anyway, I have started working on the next version and I have already fixed some problems in 0.9.1. It is going slowly, but once more I hope to have a new release by the end of this week, which will fix some (most probably not all) of the problems. I know that I have been promissing this for quite some time - I have been swamped with many things in the "non-Treo" life, so it is going kinda slow.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    hmm, it is kinda difficult to find the problem, when I don't know when/how does it happen. Are you guys willing to try to disable some of Profeo's options (light control, radio control, sound control) and tell me the results? If I can pinpoint one area, which causes the problems, then I can fix them.

    Anyway, I have started working on the next version and I have already fixed some problems in 0.9.1. It is going slowly, but once more I hope to have a new release by the end of this week, which will fix some (most probably not all) of the problems. I know that I have been promissing this for quite some time - I have been swamped with many things in the "non-Treo" life, so it is going kinda slow.
    take all the time you need. i'll wait...

    ~nunuknanak
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    hmm, it is kinda difficult to find the problem, when I don't know when/how does it happen. Are you guys willing to try to disable some of Profeo's options (light control, radio control, sound control) and tell me the results? If I can pinpoint one area, which causes the problems, then I can fix them.
    The freewebs link at the begining of this thread has a link that says 0.9.1 but it actually downloads 0.8.????.

    I downloaded 0.9.1 from mytreo.net and have been using it for a while now.

    I haven't had any problems other than the phone application resetting any time I try to dial out via favorite or even touch a number on the dial pad. This problem was solved by telling Profeo to delay 30 seconds after resets.

    Just in case it might help, right now I'm not using the radio feature or splash screen and I have the hotkey set to the menu button. I also only use the Day and night profiles. The rest are disabled. Let me know if you want more details on specific profiles.

    Love the program! The only way I think you could make it any better (feature wise) would be to have it intercept my SMS messages and launch Snapper like TreoHelper does. I'm just itching to get rid of that program because that is the only feature I use it for.

    I noticed there was something to do with SMS on your road map. Do you think that SMS triggering of other applications is something you might impliment?

    Thanks for the great product.

    --TechDude
    Last edited by TechDude; 07/06/2004 at 08:10 PM. Reason: I'm stupid
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    The freewebs link at the begining of this thread has a link that says 0.9.1 but it actually downloads 0.8.????.

    I downloaded 0.9.1 from mytreo.net and have been using it for a while now.
    TechDude, you are correct - I have not updated it on my web site and on PlamGear/Handango, because there are some issues with it that I want to fix. You can consider the 0.9.1 as a alpha test version. Probably 0.9.2 or 0.9.3 will be stable enough and I will update the web site.

    I haven't had any problems other than the phone application resetting any time I try to dial out via favorite or even touch a number on the dial pad. This problem was solved by telling Profeo to delay 30 seconds after resets.
    I would suspect that this is somehow related to an interaction with a third-party application - especially because the 30 seconds delay helps. This was one of the reasons I added the option.

    Just in case it might help, right now I'm not using the radio feature or splash screen and I have the hotkey set to the menu button. I also only use the Day and night profiles. The rest are disabled. Let me know if you want more details on specific profiles let me know.
    Thanks, I don't need more information for now.

    Love the program! The only way I think you could make it any better (feature wise) would be to have it intercept my SMS messages and launch Snapper like TreoHelper does. I'm just itching to get rid of that program because that is the only feature I use it for.

    I noticed there was something to do with SMS on your road map. Do you think that SMS triggering of other applications is something you might impliment?
    Due to my heavy load, for now I have postponed the development of any new applications. My main priority will be to fix/update the already existing programs, especially Profeo Lite. After that, I will see what can I do with the other things that I have planned. SMS-based application triggering is interesting concept and I have thought about it - it could be useful for "update-on-demand". Bt don't expect anything like that soon - it is 9pm and I am still at work. At least I can reply to messages without problems.

    Thanks for the great product.

    --TechDude
    You are welcome.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  15.    #95  
    A new maintenance version of Profeo 600 Lite (v0.9.2) is available for download. It hopefuly fixes some of the most anoying issues in 0.9 and 0.9.1, namely the residual images and the residual keystrokes that Profeo leaved after the hotkey has been used. For a complete list of the changes please go to:

    http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB....59;start=81#81

    Any problems or suggestions that are not explicitly mentioned there are not fixed/implemented. But please feel free to remind me about them.

    The program is available for download at:
    http://www.freewebs.com/nachon/Profeo600LT.prc
    Please delete any old version before installing this one, I am sorry - I didn't have time to make a converter for the program options, so you will have to set them up again.

    Enjoy the new version responsibly. As always, your suggestions, problem reports, feature requests and donations are welcome.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  16.    #96  
    BTW, perhaps a not well documented feature of Profeo 600 Lite since version 0.9 is that the power-on splash shows you the actual status of the mute switch. This is the second icon on the splash screen - if it shows a speaker, crossed with red lines, then the mute switch is on. If it shows 3 notes with a red circle over them, then Profeo software mute is active and if it shows just the 3 notes, then Treo is not be muted.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  17. #97  
    I have found that this latest version of Profeo causes some sort of conflict with the phone application. It happens after an automatic (timed) profile change. After the change, my Treo resets each time I try to use my phone, both by touching the screen or using the buttons to dial. ##377 shows problems with the phone application. If I disable Profeo and reset my phone, everything works fine again. I can then renable Profeo and it all works until the next automatic Profile change. I am using Profeo for volume control only - not screen brightness or radio.

    Just an FYI edit: I removed 0.9.2 and reinstalled 0.9.1. My phone application works fine again with the timed profile change.
    Last edited by lb505; 07/28/2004 at 07:52 AM.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    I have found that this latest version of Profeo causes some sort of conflict with the phone application. It happens after an automatic (timed) profile change. After the change, my Treo resets each time I try to use my phone, both by touching the screen or using the buttons to dial. ##377 shows problems with the phone application. If I disable Profeo and reset my phone, everything works fine again. I can then renable Profeo and it all works until the next automatic Profile change. I am using Profeo for volume control only - not screen brightness or radio.

    Just an FYI edit: I removed 0.9.2 and reinstalled 0.9.1. My phone application works fine again with the timed profile change.
    I was having similar problems last week but did not attribute the problems to Profeo. My problems disappeared when I got rid of the Beta for Seven and went back to the standard release of Business Connection.

    I do have one question for you. When your phone app was soft resetting with any touch, how did you get diagnostic information from ##377? I thought you had to type this into the phone app and hit send to retrieve the crash information.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I do have one question for you. When your phone app was soft resetting with any touch, how did you get diagnostic information from ##377? I thought you had to type this into the phone app and hit send to retrieve the crash information.
    I disabled Profeo, reset the phone and was able to dial again. I repeated the Profeo enabled/disabled a few times and got consistent results.

    Also, I have only run BCPE, not the Seven beta.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    I disabled Profeo, reset the phone and was able to dial again. I repeated the Profeo enabled/disabled a few times and got consistent results.

    Also, I have only run BCPE, not the Seven beta.
    Very interesting! I was running the 0.8.x version when this problem was happening to me. Again I thought it was either the Seven Beta or the 2nd Day beta that was causing the problem. I had installed each within days of the phone applicaiton problem starting for me. I used BackupMan and restored a week old backup and all my phone application problems disappeared. During all of this Profeo Light remained constant. I wonder what condition caused Profeo to corrupt the phone application? Did you or are you running 2nd Day?

    I also only use Profeo Light to control light and sound. I have never allowed it to control the radio.

    I just upgraded to the 0.9.2 version last night and so far so good.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions