Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    JeffRybak, correct me if I am wrong in the following: this happens only with the phone and SMS applications, right ?
    both of them have internal light control, so when you switch to them they will turn the keyboard backlight on. when you go to another application, the keyboard backlight will turn back off and should be off in all other applications. If this is what you are experiencing, then there isn't an easy fix - I will have to detect which is the active application and reestablish light control if it is the SMS or the phone, which is not impossible, but for now I don't think I have time to fix it.

if this happens in other applications, then this might be something that I need to look into - please tell me in which applications does it happen and I will have a look when I get a chance.
    take care,
    Natcho
    Would it be possible to add the ability to set the Alert Volume when the top switch is turned off (Sound Mode Off)? I want the Phone, SMS, etc. sounds to play through my headphones when the switch is off. The switch just physically turns off the built-in speaker and sets "Sound Mode Off". Applications that dont respect this mode will still play through headphones when the switch is off.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  3.    #63  
    Hey ThirdType, thanks for the suggestion. I will consider it, but I can not promisse anything regarding this - I don't have much time for PalmOS programming lately and I want to complete all other features, which I have promissed. So, time permitting, I will work on it.
    Great App! Some suggestions to improve useability:

- Probably the most important one I found was to allow for press and hold hot key of our choice (i.e. press and hold option key or menu key or P key) instead of 2 key hot key (opt + P). It's obviously much easier to be able to change profiles with one hand quickly.

- Allow for selection of a profile to override to instead of having to override the individual settings.

- Remember last override time (minutes) amount and default to that next time

- Ability to rename existing profiles

- Ability to set the screen auto-off timer by profile to a user defined (ie. 10 minutes) timeout and allow for always on

- Ability to change the ringtone used for the profiles

- Allow for different settings when in cradle (or car) including ringer volume, ringtone, auto off, etc. Perhaps by allowing for more than the 4 profiles you currently have or something

- ability to wash my windows, pick up after me so my wife doesn't yell, ..... you get the idea

again, great app,

thanks
  5.    #65  
    rengelman,
    may be I should start with your laundry first ?
    As I have mentioned before, at the moment I can not spend too much time on PalmOS programming (dissertation time ...), so even though I have planned many of these features, it will take long time to go through the list.

Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    Great App! Some suggestions to improve useability:

- Probably the most important one I found was to allow for press and hold hot key of our choice (i.e. press and hold option key or menu key or P key) instead of 2 key hot key (opt + P). It's obviously much easier to be able to change profiles with one hand quickly.
    I agree with you and I will consider it for one of the next releases. I don't think I will implement a completely user-selectable hotkey - it will require too much effort on my side and will probably interfere with other palmos programs (KeyCaps600 to mention one). For now I think I will provide just a choice of 3-4 different combinations.

- Allow for selection of a profile to override to instead of having to override the individual settings.

- Ability to rename existing profiles

- Allow for different settings when in cradle (or car) including ringer volume, ringtone, auto off, etc. Perhaps by allowing for more than the 4 profiles you currently have or something
    I thought that the current way for override it is more flexible, so I implemented it in this way. In a next release I may make two alternative override forms - one with predefined profiles and the second one as it is now. This however, will come at the time when I implement user-defined profiles, which will not happen in the next month.

- Remember last override time (minutes) amount and default to that next time
    This should be easy to do, so I will consider it for the next release.

- Ability to set the screen auto-off timer by profile to a user defined (ie. 10 minutes) timeout and allow for always on
    This has been planned for the next release.

- Ability to change the ringtone used for the profiles
    This feature is not coming soon, not because it is difficult, but for the following two main reasons: I don't need it for now , it will be difficult to make it work with third party ringer applications (e.g., that play MP3s, etc.).

- ability to wash my windows, pick up after me so my wife doesn't yell, ..... you get the idea

again, great app,

thanks
    I am glad you like it. However, since Profeo Lite is becoming not so "Lite", I think that I will freeze the development of the Lite version soon and start working on a shareware version, thus some of these features may not be available in the Lite version.
    While this is a good way of doing it, a better way comes to mind... And that is to slide the switch over to "mute" I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a smart ***, it just baffles me that something so easy to do is usually as easily overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by dbaldon
    nachon,
    I would like to add my voice to the other voices asking that custom profiles be moved a little higher on the priority list. The one that immediately comes to mind is "Movie". Something I often do is forget to turn the volume back on after the movie is over. Having a quick way to activate this profile would be really great.

BTW, have you gotten any sleep yet?

...David
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    rengelman,
    may be I should start with your laundry first ?
    As I have mentioned before, at the moment I can not spend too much time on PalmOS programming (dissertation time ...), so even though I have planned many of these features, it will take long time to go through the list.

I agree with you and I will consider it for one of the next releases. I don't think I will implement a completely user-selectable hotkey - it will require too much effort on my side and will probably interfere with other palmos programs (KeyCaps600 to mention one). For now I think I will provide just a choice of 3-4 different combinations.

I thought that the current way for override it is more flexible, so I implemented it in this way. In a next release I may make two alternative override forms - one with predefined profiles and the second one as it is now. This however, will come at the time when I implement user-defined profiles, which will not happen in the next month.

This should be easy to do, so I will consider it for the next release.

This has been planned for the next release.

This feature is not coming soon, not because it is difficult, but for the following two main reasons: I don't need it for now , it will be difficult to make it work with third party ringer applications (e.g., that play MP3s, etc.).

I am glad you like it. However, since Profeo Lite is becoming not so "Lite", I think that I will freeze the development of the Lite version soon and start working on a shareware version, thus some of these features may not be available in the Lite version.
    thanks for the consideration.

just clarifying one of the requests regarding being able to change the ring tone. What I actually need to do is to override the standard profile volume to off or low ring tone (while vibrate is still on) for a period of time while I am in a meeting, movie, etc. so if you allow the ring volume function to be changed in the override, that would be great!

Thanks again
  8.    #68  
    rengelman, in the next release most probably it will be possible to override the ringer volume through the hotkey, the least I plan to implement is a software mute option in the override form. I hope I will be ready by the end of this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    rengelman, in the next release most probably it will be possible to override the ringer volume through the hotkey, the least I plan to implement is a software mute option in the override form. I hope I will be ready by the end of this week.
    Great,

I looked closer at the standard PalmOS prefs for the phone and it would be useful or best to allow sound mode off or on as the override if this can be done with programming. (hopefully thats the easier programming approach)

This would allow us to override all sounds, not just the ringer to whatever we set the sound mode off/on to in the prefs and then when the override time is up, revert back to POS sound mode on and the profeo sound ringer volume amount.

Good luck.
  10.    #70  
    Please find attached the new release of Profeo 600 Lite - v0.9. The major changes in it are as follows:

- new preferences structure, so you will need to recreate your profiles
    - added optional power-on splash screen to show the current profile options
    - implemented contrast option in the profiles
    - implemented software mute option in the profiles and the hotkey form
    - implemented vibration option in the profiles and the hotkey form
    - implemented different hotkeys
    - added extended autooff times for each profile
    - the radio turn on/off is now silent
    - streamlined the user interface somewhat (removed one extra option from the edit profile form, removed the shutdown button from the override form, reordered the edit profile form, fixed some issues with the light preview when editting profiles, etc.)
    - disabled the hotkey and splash during hotsync
    - overall optimization and bugfixes

Note that this is the first public release of the 0.9 version, so there probably will be some lingering errors and probably there will be some minor releases in the next few days. Also, at the moment the different hotkey options are not very good - I will definitely change them in one of the next releases. Currently the choice of hotkey is as follows:
    opt+p
    opt+"display on"
    press-and-hold "display on"
    the last one is perhaps the most useful, but you MUST disable any keyguard in order to use it. As mentioned, this is just a temporary solution, which I intend to fix soon.

Please enjoy the new release responsibly And please post any bugs, problems, quirks, suggestions, and so on that you might experience with it. Your donations are welcome as well.

Note that at mytreo.net there is a support forum dedicated exclusively to Profeo 600 Lite and my other programs, which you can access at:
    http://mytreo.net/forum/YaBB.cgi?board=natchos

I will check for messages here, but most of the program discussion will be at the above mentioned support forums, so please look for answers there before posting any questions here.
    Last edited by nachon; 06/18/2004 at 02:47 AM.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
    Hi nachon,

I'm new here but been a Treo 600 lover since Oct 2003, notice that u have been recreating excellent software. Tried your 0.9 version but notice that I cannot set the volume of my alert, is this a bug?

My Treo has been upgraded to the 3.06 GSM version
  12.    #72  
    hey guys, thanks for the comments. as this is early test release, there surely are some bugs. :-)

vicqua, welocme to the dark side. ;-)

It seems that there is a new bug in the sound/volume control, I will have a look later today to fix it.

rengelman, thanks again. :-) I have not forgoten the suggestion about remembering the last override time, I will try to incorporate it soon.
    As for the hotkey behavior, I will have a look. I think (making some test now) that the double click of P vs press and hold of P, actualy depends on KeyCaps600's presence and settings - this interaction is unintended and will be resolved. The press and hold of power and opt+p should work with or without KeyCaps600, and press and hold power at the moment depends on the keyguard being disabled. As I mentioned, the hotkey implementation most probably will be significantly changed in the next releases.
  13.    #73  
    Version 0.9.1 of Profeo 600 Lite is available for download. This is a maintenance release, which fixes some minor and the following more important problems in 0.9:
    - completely redesigned hotkeys - if you are installing make sure to check/change the hotkey.
    - fixed the ring volume
    - adds 30 seconds to the autooff times and hopefuly fixes the problem with the autooff times.

There are still some remainging suggestions/problems that need to be fixed. Please post your observations on the new release in the support forum at:
    http://mytreo.net/profeo

Please enjoy responsibly. As usual, all comments, suggestions, requests and donations are welcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hi Nachon,

Tks for the maintennance update, love the improvement from OLD, u really understand users needs, are u in the IT industry. The latest ver seem to solve the volume problem, it is working fine now. CAll me a perfectionist but the setting of brightness gauge is not as sensitive as the contrast gauge, is this a normal feature? Anyway, a CHEER for u.!
  15.    #75  
    vicqua, I am glad you like it. You are absolutely right that the steps for brightness and contrast are different. This is due to hardware limitations in Treo - there are only 4 possible brightness levels and about 80 (or more) contrast levels - you will experience similar behavior if you use Treo's Prefs application.
    Should I unintall v.8.7.1 first? I love this app, btw, and can't wait to try out your latest!
  17.    #77  
    Neill, you don't have to uinstall the previous version, but Profeo will wipe your current settings, so you will have to set the profiles again. Sorry for this, but it is too much trouble to convert the old settings to the new format for a beta application. Plus, you have to set the new options anyway.
    Nachon, can I override just the ring volume for a specified period of time? It looked like my options were only "on" and "off" for override. I tried changing the volume for the profile from the override screen but it did not go back after the set amount of time.

Stated in another way: I want to quickly and easily change my ring volume for short periods of time without changing my profiles. I know I can do this with the volume keys but I tend to forget to change things back where I want them.
    Last edited by lb505; 06/20/2004 at 08:45 AM.
  19.    #79  
    Hi Laurie, you are correct, at the moment you can only turn on/off the volume through the override. May be I can save the original volume when entering the override, and restore it when the override expires - this way you can adjust it with the volume keys to whatever you want. This should not be difficult to implement, so I will consider adding it in the next release.
  20.    #80  
    Lauire, I checked my code - the program already does that - suppose you have set the profile ringer volume to 5. You can go to the override form and without changing anything you can select expiration time and press override. after that you can adjust the volume to the level you want (e.g. 7). Upon expiration of the override, Profeo will restore the profile volume - 5. You can verify this by going to Prefs->Sound. I just tested it and it works on my Treo.

However, there is something fishy with the override expiration - at the moment it doesn't always work - I will have a look and try to figure why.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast