Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    hey aolumide, this is weird, especially that it didn't pick up the profile after shutdown or reset. can you check if you are not actualy in "override" mode - untimed (w/o expiration) override will survive soft reset and restart of the application. you can check that through the hotkey form - if you are in override mode, then press resume to stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    hey aolumide, this is weird, especially that it didn't pick up the profile after shutdown or reset. can you check if you are not actualy in "override" mode - untimed (w/o expiration) override will survive soft reset and restart of the application.
    nachon, I definitely was NOT in override mode. I checked, double and triple-checked that prior to making my earlier post. The good news is that I deleted Profeo using Uninstall Manager, and reinstalled it, and that seems to have fixed the problem. I wish I could give you more detailed info regarding the circumstances under which Profeo exhibited this behaviour, but I don't have all the facts. It could have been interference with another app on my GSM T6, or it could be issues with the Profeo code...I'm really not sure.

Still, Profeo is back up and running, and if it misbehaves again, I'll be sure to let you know via a post.

By the way, I just made a donation on your website.

Looking forward to customized profiles and whatever new features you add.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  3.    #43  
    aolumide, thanks for the donation ! your name has been added to the list of sponsors on the web site. :-) If you run again into this problem, please tell me - I will see if I can reproduce it.

To show my gratitude for your donation, attached is Profeo 600 Lite v0.8.7 with the following modifications:
    1. "light preview" in the profile edit and hotkey override forms - the screen and keyboard lights will immeditely change to show you how will the profile look when it becomes active. However, this is preview only - the changes will be activated, after you exit the Profeo user interface and depending on the schedule/override settings.
    2. added phone ringer volume setting with "preview" to the profile edit form, as a first step towards implementing sound control in Profeo 600 Lite.
    3. the hotkey form will be dismissed with the cancel button if it is active when Treo turns off.
    4. added option in the hotkey form to turn on/off the keylight when in day mode.
    5. fixed the bug, due to which the profile modifications made through the hotkey form were not activated.
    6. fixed the bug, due to which the manual update of the override expiration time didn't work.
    7. other minor fixes, optimizations, adjustments.

My short term plans are:
    For the next week or two I will update Profeo 600 Lite mostly if there are any new bugs discovered. During this time I plan to do the following:
    1. Get some sleep. :-)
    2. Add a brightness and mute options to the hotkey override and may be mute option in the profiles - this will be probably the 0.9 release.
    3. Go see a few movies. :-)
    4. Try to finish several Treo applications that I have started, but never managed to complete - most of them will be made available here.
    5. Get some more sleep. :-)
    6. Start a redesign of Profeo 600 Lite's user interface for v1.x, to accomodate the need for many more profile options.
    7. Go hiking for a day or two. :-)
    8. Try to fix any new and old bugs that may be still crawling through Profeo.

As always, your problem reports, suggestions, comments and donations are appreciated.
    I especialy would like to receive feedback on the hotkey form and the override procedure - what do you like or dislike in it, what other otpions would you like to have, would you rather have a set of predefined override profiles to chose from.
    Please enjoy the new release responsibly !
    Last edited by nachon; 05/21/2004 at 02:23 AM. Reason: bug in the attached .prc file
    aolumide, thanks for the donation ! your name has been added to the list of sponsors on the web site. :-) If you run again into this problem, please tell me - I will see if I can reproduce it.
    Nacho,
    I just sent you a private message. Check it when you get a chance.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  5.    #45  
    ok, after some testing and debugging, I think I fixed the bug which I found immediately after posting v0.8.7. I think that the same bug may have been the culprit for what aolumide experienced - it was a combination of the persistent override settings not being reset in all cases and the profile not being enforced in all cases (I think that the second is just a weird problem with my compiler).
    I am attaching the new file - v0.8.7.1 :-)

If you happen to have any problems with this version, please report them and I will address them as fast as I can.
    Last edited by nachon; 06/18/2004 at 02:48 AM.
    Anyone know why that, even with Media Manager installed, I cannot downlad the prc directly to my T600 using Blazer? (Sorry for being somewhat off topic.)
  7.    #47  
    hey, I think it is related to treocentral.com itself. You can download it from my web site:
    http://www.freewebs.com/nachon/
    the direct link to the .prc file is http://www.freewebs.com/nachon/P600LT.prc

I tested downloading from this link directly to my Treo and it worked with just the standard Blazer.

Quote Originally Posted by rosenft
    Anyone know why that, even with Media Manager installed, I cannot downlad the prc directly to my T600 using Blazer? (Sorry for being somewhat off topic.)
    nachon, how about adding the contrast setting? I always keep my backlight on low so I would like to set contrast up to darken the screen at night.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  9.    #49  
    ThirdType, this will be easy, I just have to find space on the profile form , so this will be added when I redesign Profeo's setup forms. Please stay tuned - I think this be ready in about a week.
    hi,
    i have tried various radio/wireless controller apps. i found out that, they failed to switch on the radio in this particular situation.

the setting:
    off at 22.30
    on at 06.30

in between these times. let's say, there's a alarmed calendar event. say... at 01.00

i realised that, at 06.30, the radio will not turn on automatically. only when i press ok to clear the calendar event will the radio turn on again.

anybody with the same xperience :-/ ??

thank you
  11.    #51  
    hey, nunuknanak, does this happen with Profeo Lite ? I have not tested it if there is an open attention manager dialog (e.g., calendar event), I will have a look at the behavior under such circumstances later today.
    nachon,

a great program. many thanks. there are so many threads about your great program that I might have missed the one that addresses this issue. Can an option to turn off the screen light during a phone call be added?

Thanks again.
  13.    #53  
    nunuknanak, I did some tests with Profeo Lite and I had no problems turning the radio on. The test I did is like this:
    1. set a datebook appointment item, which has an alarm assocoiated with it for a given time e.g., 10:15am
    2. set Profeo override with the radio off until 10:20am
    3. turn off my Treo and leave it.

As expected, the datebook appointment alarm went off at the specified time, I didn't touch it, so Treo turned itself off with the alarm still on the screen. Then at the specified time Profeo turned on the radio (the screen was still off). After the radio was on (the LED indicator was blinking green) I turned on Treo and the datebook alarm was on the screen, after dismissing it, the radio was already on (as it should be).

Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

nunuknanak, I have the impression that you are using several applications that do similar things at the same time (you posted the same message in all threads about radio control utilities), so they might interfere with each other - is this the case ?
  14.    #54  
    Thunder204, thanks. I don't think there are many threads about Profeo, but I am glad you like it. now to your question - I have thought about it, but for now I don't have the time to implement it. It is on my list of items to do, but I can not give any definitive timeframe. Just keep checking the new Profeo releases and it may appear one day.
    nunuknanak, I have the impression that you are using several applications that do similar things at the same time (you posted the same message in all threads about radio control utilities), so they might interfere with each other - is this the case ?
    i am sorry nachon.
    i messed up my test. the problem was not with Profeo.

thank you

~nunuknanak
    I just downloaded the app, and I must congratulate you...great job! I can't wait for any updates... Now, I do have one question for you...

Have you been able to figure out any way to disable JUST the sound that the Treo makes when I turn on/off wireless mode? I don't want to mute the entire phone, but I want to be able to schedule a "radio off" profile in the middle of the night that doesn't make any noice, but still keeps the overall phone volume on (for alarms, calendar events, etc)...

If you can figure this out, I will be in you debt!!

thanks!
    Adam
  17.    #57  
    Hi Adam, I understand your point. I think this should be easy to do.

I will start work on the next release of Profeo Lite in the next few days, so please stay tuned. :-)
    nachon,
    I would like to add my voice to the other voices asking that custom profiles be moved a little higher on the priority list. The one that immediately comes to mind is "Movie". Something I often do is forget to turn the volume back on after the movie is over. Having a quick way to activate this profile would be really great.

BTW, have you gotten any sleep yet?

...David
  19.    #59  
    David, I did get some sleep, but I am still catching up on it.

Regarding the PlamOS programming, I will have to slow it down, not because of the lack of sleep, but because I am starting to write my dissertation and preparing for defense. So in the foreseeable future any PalmOS development is realy going to be a background task. I will keep on working on Profeo, but the updates will come out more slowly.
    One of the things in the next release (ETA 7-10 days) will be a software mute option for the profiles and the hotkey form. This will allow you to achieve what you want without having custom profiles - with timed override you would be able to set a "mute override" until a given time in the future, after which the mute will automatically be canceled.
    During the day, I do not need the keyboard light to come on at all ~ I do not have the Keylight box checked, but they keyboard light still comes on when I am changing apps, answering a call, etc.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast