Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    hmmm, this is strange. I just installed ZLauncher 4.10 on my Treo and I can see Profeo in the Utilities folder without doing anything special. May be you should try the "refresh apps" command from ZLauncher and see if it will have any effect.
    Good idea, but no luck. I also tried changing themes and icon groups, but I still have no Profeo Lite icon while ZLauncher is running. It could be something weird happening on my end.
  2.    #22  
    I will set ZLauncher as my default launcher for awhile and will see if I can reproduce the situation, where Profeo does not appear in it.

Meanwhile, I am attaching the new version 0.8.5 of Profeo 600 Lite. New in this version are - complete hotkey functionality, some graphic buttons in the profile edit form, and some minor interface adjustments, bugfixes and optimizations. At the moment it is not yet available on my web site, I will upload it and update the documentation tomorrow.

The major new feature is the hotkey. If the hotkey is enabled in the general Profeo preferences, then whenever/wherever you press "opt+display on", the hotkey form will appear. On this form you can see and edit the current and the next scheduled profiles, and to override the current profile either indefinitely or until specified time. Initially, the override buttons will correspond to the current Treo state, by pressing them, you can override the current settings. When you press OK, the override will be activated. If you press cancel, the override will be disabled. The override will be active either until the time specified by you or until cancelled through the hotkey form. Upon override deactivation (either by time or cancel button), Profeo will activate the profile, which is scheduled to be active at the cancelation time.

Currently, only the light mode and the radio state can be overriden. Also, the overriden settings will not survive reset of the device. Note that, Profeo does not compare the current profile with the override settings - even if you have not changed anything, if you press OK Profeo will activate override mode. This can be useful feature if you want to keep the current profile active for longer than the scheduled profile change time.

In the next release, I plan to make the override settings survive reset, and to add some more override options - backlight, sound.

Please enjoy the program and have fun. :-) I would appreciate all feedback on the new features - how do you like the graphic buttons in the profile edit form, how do you like the hotkey override functionality, is it useful (and fast to set), any suggestions for other things that you want to see in the hotkey form.
    Last edited by nachon; 06/18/2004 at 02:50 AM.
  3.    #23  
    I just fixed a small bug on the hotkey form - sometimes it was necessary to click initially the override buttons twice to change the displayed light/radio mode. attched is the new prc file (still version 0.8.5).
    Last edited by nachon; 06/18/2004 at 02:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Just an FYI....the most recent version still is not visible anywhere when using ZLauncher. Is anyone else having this happen? I'd hate for Nachon to think there's a bug in his software if it's something that is only happening on my Treo. (It's certainly not that big of an issue, because the beauty of Profeo is that once configured, you rarely need to access the main config screen. Not to mention the Hotkey launch.)
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I like the new Hotkey area. Nice layout. I particulary like the "Now" "Next" edit feature and "expires at" option.

I did notice that when I make a modification and then select OK, my Treo accepts the changes, but then immediately places itself on the locked mode.

Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman
    Just an FYI....the most recent version still is not visible anywhere when using ZLauncher. Is anyone else having this happen? I'd hate for Nachon to think there's a bug in his software if it's something that is only happening on my Treo. (It's certainly not that big of an issue, because the beauty of Profeo is that once configured, you rarely need to access the main config screen. Not to mention the Hotkey launch.)
    Works fine under Launcher X...
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman
    I like the new Hotkey area. Nice layout. I particulary like the "Now" "Next" edit feature and "expires at" option.

I did notice that when I make a modification and then select OK, my Treo accepts the changes, but then immediately places itself on the locked mode.

Ed
    Thanks for the feedback, I am glad you like it. I will probably release a somewhat updated version later today or tomorrow - it will have persistent override after soft reset and some other minor changes to the hotkey functionality. I still can not reproduce the ZLauncher problem on my Treo. Another thing that you may try if you want, is to reread the program categories from the PalmOS launcher - "Options -> ZL Preferences -> Advanced -> Category Setup -> Init Category Info from system".

Regarding the locking - are you using any third party keyguard application ? By default "opt+display on" is yet another shortcut for activating the keyguard, so this might cause the situation when the handheld locks after exitting the hotkey form. THis doesn't happen with the Treo's standard keyguard, but it may be incompatible with third party keyguards. In one of the next releases, I will provide alternatives for the hotkey assignment.
    Last edited by nachon; 05/10/2004 at 04:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I still can not reproduce the ZLauncher problem on my Treo. Another thing that you may try if you want, is to reread the program categories from the PalmOS launcher - "Options -> ZL Preferences -> Advanced -> Category Setup -> Init Category Info from system".
    I think by now I've tried every config setting there is in Zlauncher and still no luck. I did notice that mLights is doing the same thing (icon not showing up when using ZLauncher). I have since deleted mLights in case it was causing any conflicts with Profeo.

Regarding the locking - are you using any third party keyguard application?
    None that I'm still aware of.
    hi nachon,
    i love your profeo 600. very reliable on turning the radio on and off. only thing i wish to have is the ability to dedicate more control for a particular profile. for example features like sounds, ringtones etc.
    but hey, i don't mind. profeo is good enough already. great work !!

~nunuknanak
  10.    #30  
    Hi everyone, attached is Profeo 600 Lite v0.8.6. The changes in this version are mostly related to the hotkey override and a few bugfixes. In particular I think I have:
    - fixed the problem of the LED remaining blinking red after radio off;
    - fixed the bug that prevented the activation of permanent keyboard backlight in night mode;
    - made the override settings persist soft reset;
    - changed the Profeo hotkey to "opt+p" to decrease the chances for incompatibility with third-party applications;
    - modified the hotkey form to make it more intuitive and streamlined (I think);
    - added icons to show the main profile settings (day/night and radio on/off) for the current and the next profiles;
    - added graphic buttons in the hotkey form.

The buttons have been changed as follows - "Override" activates the override mode, "Resume" cancels the override and goes back to profile scheduling mode, "Cancel" simply exits the form (HOWEVER, if you have edited the settings of the current or the next profiles, they will not be canceled !), and "Shutdown" will stop Profeo.
    One thing, which may not be immediately obvious is that there are two ways to adjust the expiration time of a timed override, if you select a duration from the pop-up menu, then the expiration time will be automatically adjusted. You can also directly adjust the expiration time by clicking on it.

Please enjoy responsibly :-). All feedback, bug reports, feature sugestions, as well as donations are welcome :-).
    Last edited by nachon; 06/18/2004 at 02:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Thanks for the latest update. Profeo Lite has quickly become one of my favorite apps. Your response to new ideas and any bugs has been great. You've done a real nice job with this app.

I just sent a PayPal donation. Thanks again!
  12.    #32  
    Hey, limoman, thanks ! In a few days the donation will be used for upgrading the web site, which hosts Profeo 600 Lite. :-) I would also like to recognize the gift by putting your name on a "donors" list on the web site, I hope you don't mind. :-)
    Hi everyone, attached is Profeo 600 Lite v0.8.6. The changes in this version are mostly related to the hotkey override and a few bugfixes. In particular I think I have:
    - fixed the problem of the LED remaining blinking red after radio off;
    - fixed the bug that prevented the activation of permanent keyboard backlight in night mode;
    - made the override settings persist soft reset;
    - changed the Profeo hotkey to "opt+p" to decrease the chances for incompatibility with third-party applications;
    - modified the hotkey form to make it more intuitive and streamlined (I think);
    - added icons to show the main profile settings (day/night and radio on/off) for the current and the next profiles;
    - added graphic buttons in the hotkey form.

The buttons have been changed as follows - "Override" activates the override mode, "Resume" cancels the override and goes back to profile scheduling mode, "Cancel" simply exits the form (HOWEVER, if you have edited the settings of the current or the next profiles, they will not be canceled !), and "Shutdown" will stop Profeo.
    One thing, which may not be immediately obvious is that there are two ways to adjust the expiration time of a timed override, if you select a duration from the pop-up menu, then the expiration time will be automatically adjusted. You can also directly adjust the expiration time by clicking on it.

Please enjoy responsibly :-). All feedback, bug reports, feature sugestions, as well as donations are welcome :-).
    hi,
    only one problem. it's with the expiration time.
    when i tried to set the time manually. it did not work. it only worked when i use the preset expiration time (30, 45, 60...).
    that's all so far...

thanks
  14.    #34  
    Thanks for the feedback, I can confirm this bug. It may sounds stupid, but I have completely forgotten to add the alarm handling code after adjusting manualy the expiration time. :-)
    I fixed it for the upcoming 0.8.7 version, which I am testing at the moment.

Meanwhile, I would also like to ask the people who are using Profeo 600 Lite to tell me about their experience with the program - is there anything that you don't like in it (user interface, ease of use, does it work as you expected it will), and what extended features would you like to see. Thanks. :-)
    Hey, I'm included among the fans of this app. I have one request and possibly one bug to report.

The bug is that it seems that when I select 'edit' of the current profile from the hotkey page and then enable/disable teh keyboard backlight, it doesn't get picked up. I have to usually launch the app, do the opposite of what I want to do, (i.e. return it to the state it was before I used the hotkey,) exit the app, then launch it and do what I wanted again. then it seems to work. I could of course go straight to the app, but that kinda defeats the prupose. I say possibly because I've not confirmed this to happen every single time...

The request is to add the keyboard backlight toggle to the hotkey. At night I usually do two things.... Use PalmReader to read in which case I don't want the keyboard on, or I play some game where I do want it on (Scrabble seems to be the timesink right now....)

Anyway, lovin' what you are doing. Keep it up.
    Great app! I was using Profiles for profile management but Profeo's functionality is much better. Couple of suggestions:

1. Addition of sound management
    2. Ability to create custom profiles with a choice to breifly display the name of the profile name at start up (just like Profiles 0.18 app)

I am already hooked to this app, the addition of aforementioned functionilties will help me move to exclusively to Profeo.

Thank you!
  17.    #37  
    Hey Sticks, thanks for the feedback. First about the request, the code for toggling the keyboard backlight from the hotkey form already exists, but was disabled for end users in v0.8.6. This is because I prefer to release features incrementally, which gives me a chance to tune the program and fix the bugs more easily.

As for the "unintended feature" :-), I have a general idea what may be causing it, I will track it down and fix it.

Both of these will be available in v0.8.7, which will be out in 1-2 days.
  18.    #38  
    All_forums, thanks for the suggestions. Here are some more details about my short-term Profeo plans.
    1. I will progressively introduce sound management. In v0.8.7 you will see the first related option - to adjust the phone ringer volume for each of the profiles.
    2. The functionality to create custom profiles is not very difficult to implement, but for now has a lower priority, until the program is stable.
    3. I am already working on a splash information screen, which will briefly show the current profile settigns on power on, I also intend to provide some more functions/information on this splash screen.
    4. I am considering a more advanced scheduler (e.g., including week/weekend profiles, event driven profile changes, etc.).

Few additional remarks - for the next few versions of Profeo Lite I don't intend to provide interface for selecting different ringtones in the profiles, it will mostly deal with volume/mute and vibration settings. Also, some of the mentioned features might be implemented only as a part of a registered (shareware/commercial) version of Profeo, if I ever decide to create such. Since Treo 600 programming is only a hobby and I have to make my living in other ways, it will take some time to implement all of my plans. Feel free to provide me with an incentive to spend more time on Profeo by donating on my web site http://www.freewebs.com/nachon/ :-).
    2. The functionality to create custom profiles is not very difficult to implement, but for now has a lower priority, until the program is stable.
    Nachon, I have to say that Profeo Lite rocks!! I was using Profiles before, but Profeo Lite has won me over. I have to concur with All_Forums regarding adding the ability to create custom profiles. Seriously consider making this feature a high priority as opposed to a low priority for this app.

Feel free to provide me with an incentive to spend more time on Profeo by donating on my web site http://www.freewebs.com/nachon/ :-).
    Expect a donation from me in the next day or so. (It takes a few days to transfer funds from my bank to my paypal account )

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by aolumide; 05/19/2004 at 01:45 PM.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Nachon,

I have a problem. It started after my glowing comments about your app.

Last night, I disabled the 'evening' profile, and set 'day' to activate at 7 am, 'night' to activate at 8 pm, and 'overnight' to activate at 12 am. Today, for what ever reason, the current activated profile right now, is still 'overnight'.

I played around with it. Still won't work properly. (soft-reset my T6, shutdown and restarted app)

Any thoughts?
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast