1.    #1  
    Sure I saw this somewhere.

basicallly it plugs into your headphone plug on your treo and has a length of cord with a dongle like thing attached (looks like the mirophone part of the seido handsfree - http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=45

but the feature was insetead of haveing $1 poor quality headphones on the end of your $30 cable the unit had a 3.5mm stereo socket so you could plug in a decent set of headphones.

The dongle part had a microphone, answer button and switch between stereo (Music) and Mono (Phone and Microphone)

Anyone kept the link for this ?
    .no sig.
  2. brf
    I saw it on here somewhere too! I can't find it either, sorry.
    VisorPhone >>Treo 600 >>Black Palm Centro
    PacBell/Cingular/AT&T GSM
    Any errors in tact, fact or spelling
    are entirely due to transmission error
    It's on seidio's website and they're called the Treo600 2-1 adapter.

I had them but exchanged them for the all-in-one model because after you plug in your own headphones, the microphone hangs down past your belt. It does have a clip to attach to a shirt but I don't care for that setup.

Also, the included headphones are not $1 but they're not $100 ones either. I would say they are equivalent to $15-20 pair of Sony earbuds. Good enough for most people.
  4.    #4  
    Ive heard less than ideal things about seido.

The other 2 reasons for wanting this setup is.

1. going jogging with Phone in backpack....need the extra lenth also want something with a headband rather than in-the-ear until they fall out.

2. when I go to the gym I need a 3.5 mm plug to connect to the gym audio system and dont want to carry 2 sets of headphnes around.
    .no sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasinaus

1. going jogging with Phone in backpack....need the extra lenth also want something with a headband rather than in-the-ear until they fall out.

2. when I go to the gym I need a 3.5 mm plug to connect to the gym audio system and dont want to carry 2 sets of headphnes around.
    I know they had a problem with their first incarnation of the 2-1. It was so bad that they refunded everyone's money and went back to the drawing board.

The quality on these seems to be decent but I've only had them a short time.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasinaus

Since it appears you just need a way to extend your existing headphones, you could buy the $5 adapter for the Treo and then buy a $5 headphone extender at Radio Shack. Just a thought
    I have that thing and LOVE it.
    It has a built in mic and can do both mp3 and phone.
    It provides the necessary impedance adjusting so that you can use it in line with a male-male patch cable to the line-in or aux-in of other devices.

I use it mostly to play audible.com books in my car stereo and answer phone calls without unplugging. The audible player automatically suspends during the call and automatically resumes as soon as you hang up.

The radio shack part is great for audio but doesn't have a microphone and can't switch into headset+mic mode.

There is an even better device coming from seidio for the car though. A docking cradle that has usb, power, and audio connections built-in, built-in mic, charges the phone, provides audio connection for the stereo and/or hands-free, and usb connection for gps (or whatever else you might want to use it for I assume.)
    So, instead of an audio cable and a charge cable, both loose all the time, you have a cradle you permanently mount and permanently wire up with the wires all hidden, and you just pop the treo in & out of it.

I can't WAIT for that to become available and I want a desktop version of it.
    I might even get two + one of those nice looking stainless steel pedestal desktop cradles just so I can hack one of the new car cradles and the desktop pedestal into a more useful object than anyone yet sells.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    This is my first post after spending months of reading here - thanks to everyone for all the info
    My treo 600 will arrive in a couple of weeks - can't wait

I used to have a tungsten w - but using an earpiece the whole time drove me crazy - so have upgraded to treo600 (just such a shame about the low res screen grrrrrrr - however having a speakerphone is much more important to me!)

As for this post - i bought something similar, for my tungsten, that as far as i know will work on the treo too

It's by a company called Skullcandy

It plugs into the socket, and has a mic on the cable (with clip for ya collar), and a socket for normal 3.5mm phones. Also on the mic, is a volume dial - the cool thing is you can listen to music while speaking on the phone!!!! Depending on how much you like the person who youre talking too, depends on how loud you have the music on during the conversation - great fun to ask the person to rap while youre listening - they cant hear the music, but it sounds well funny

They have a skullcandy "link" for loads of different phones - including palms (which is same as regular nokia if im right).....also they have different options for each phone - one that allows you to plug in your own headphones, one that comes with its headphones

By the way Skullcandy also make a cool pair of headphones, that have a ruble pack on the back, which vibrates your skull in time with the bass - hahaha great fun!!!

www.skullcandy.com is the link

hope this helped at least one person, as I have received so much help from you all

I have a question myself - unrelated - if one wouldn't mind answering it I would much appreciate it - question is

Can i use a normal palm cradle (one that i got with my palm m505 and also the same I got with my tungsten w) with the treo 600??

Or does only the treo600's cradle work?

In the pics, it looks pretty much the same, except a slightly different curve on one corner?

Any ideas

Thanks

EDIT :-
    Just checked site - the link it says, is for treo 270/300, however that has been up some time, so its worth emailing them to ask if it will work with the 600, i can't see why not, unless the socket is a diff size on the 270/300 than the 600 or wait till my t600 arrives, and ill write here if it worked or not
    Last edited by iswy; 05/23/2004 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Just checked the site again