1.    #1  
    I joined 3GForFree.com today to download some MP3 ring tones. The Polyphonic ones download OK but the Real format ring tones give an error message that the device does not support that file type. I thought maybe it was because of I didn't have the RealPlayer for the Palm so I downloaded that but it didn't help. Then I thought it was because I didn't have an external memory card. Bought an 256 MB SD card [it seems to be installed/configured OK] and that didn't help. Then, I tried copying the RealPlayer app to the external memory card but the only line-item is the RealPlayer DB which is locked and can't be copied from internal memory.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    FIrst of all, you cannot save mp3's etc to ram...only to the expansion card, so right off I don't know what you did. Secondly, you should not move Real Player to the card (unless your using a memory manger like zLauncher, PowerRun) if you want to run the apps correctly. Save the media to the appropiate dir on the card (RN_Audio for Real) and run the player from Ram...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Thanks GFUNK. I understand and learned your first couple points by trial and error. Let me rephrase my question - When downloading an MP3, how do you direct the Palm OS to save it to external memory instead of internal memory? I figure this is a newbie type answer but I'll run the risk of embarrassment regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by eBiz
    Thanks GFUNK. I understand and learned your first couple points by trial and error. Let me rephrase my question - When downloading an MP3, how do you direct the Palm OS to save it to external memory instead of internal memory? I figure this is a newbie type answer but I'll run the risk of embarrassment regardless.

From my experience, Blazer does not handle downloading files well. Typically you will need a file extension manager like Media Manager or Receiveit to allow blazer to recognize and download supported/nonsupported files types. However this is a clumsy PITA process!! A much simpler work-around that prefer is to simply use webpro to download stuff. You can buy it here or simply get the patched version here! Note the patched ver does not support 5-way nor can it render most images on the Treo. However it's a superb browser for downloading stuff. You can download any file type to the expansion card w/o the need of pesky file extension managers. I've downloaded several mp3's this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions