1.    #1  
    I have searched the web and this site and have yet to find any simple ringers/ringtones. For example, I am looking for a ringtone that starts out quiet, but gets louder as time passes. Or one that "rings" once to start with, then rings "more" as time goes. Or one that doesn't make any noise at first--therefore only the vibrate comes on (if set)--then it will ring.

There are many possibilities and I hope you can see why these "types" would be useful. Or if anyone has any tips, software, or sites that could allow me to edit and create my own MIDI files...TIA

Brent
    --
    Brent Haag
    I too miss that feature from my previous phone. Explain your interest in this feature to the authors of software like CallFilter and CallShield.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Try out EriTones and see if you can create the ringtones you're asking for.

I played with it a bit when this version just came out. Don't think I ever found a way to put in long pauses to create the "no noise" at the beginning. All I know about this app is that
    * you can use keys "A" thru "H" which are the different tones
    * lower-case keys (ie. "a") are shorter tones
    * capital keys (ie. "A") are longer tones
    * to change the pitch of the tone, add a "#" or a "+" next to the letter key
    * the period (.) adds a tiny pause
    * if you try to play your ringtone and it doesn't play, it means you've entered an invalid key in the string (NOTE: The invalid key will get highlighted)
    * you can import/export your ringtones
    * It's FREE

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by brenthaag
    I have searched the web and this site and have yet to find any simple ringers/ringtones. For example, I am looking for a ringtone that starts out quiet, but gets louder as time passes. Or one that "rings" once to start with, then rings "more" as time goes. Or one that doesn't make any noise at first--therefore only the vibrate comes on (if set)--then it will ring.

There are many possibilities and I hope you can see why these "types" would be useful. Or if anyone has any tips, software, or sites that could allow me to edit and create my own MIDI files...TIA

Brent
    I know what you mean. I use the "Loud phone" ringtone. It is kind of a classic phone ring and is much louder than the cutesy ones. I either need no ring (vibrate mode) or something I can hear, and I'm in some noisy places sometimes.