1.    #1  
    While on the road at work, I connect from my laptop to 24 different computers using Hyperterminal. Can PdaNet be configured somehow to have it do this?

I'm using Sprintpcs and I'm fully aware of the extra data cost, but since it's only text and the connections are rarely for more than a couple minutes at a time, I figured it would be worth it, if only it could be done.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA
    Yes, I am doing it right now. You can even use telnet on the Treo 300/600 itself. No extra configuring.
    Please add more detail to your response. What Telnet client are you using on your Treo 600? How are you dialing into the systems that you are connecting to when using Telnet? Are you utilizing PDANet to make the connection?

More details please.
    jamesalexander (at) compuserve.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnbene
    Please add more detail to your response. What Telnet client are you using on your Treo 600? How are you dialing into the systems that you are connecting to when using Telnet? Are you utilizing PDANet to make the connection?

More details please.
    OK, here goes. On the Sprint T600 I use Mocha Pocket Telnet. I think I got it on www.tucows.com (I don't remember i've had it since I had a Kyocera 6035) I use telnet ONLY for a chat/mail server that I have been visiting since the 2400baud days. If you download the Demo version go ahead and try Host: phringe.org Port: 23 in the Network settings menu of the software. That is the server I go to, so I know it works. Other servers may need to you to physically dial into them, i'm not sure about how to connect to them. This server is on a "always on" DSL connection.
    On my Dell 8100 notebook, I use PdaNet, connect like normal. Then I open Hyperterminal, enter the parameters above and bingo!
    I hope this helps.
    Brian
    Last edited by The123; 05/09/2004 at 12:02 AM.
    You can use the newer versions of Hyperterminal with Telnet over PDANet. But PDANet essentially sets up a PPP-type internet connection, so if you want to do anything other than telnet, you can't use Hyperterminal and PDANet together.

What you might want instead is Wireless Modem, and a Treo->Serial cable instead (last I knew there was no way to use Wireless Modem over USB on a PC), which will let you use Hyperterminal as a standard modem terminal, sending the good old fashioned ATD command to dial the number you want to connect to.

- Mike
    What about the telnet clients that run directly on the treo like Online? I use Online all the time for direct serial connections to various devices but it has a hyperterminal mode I never use.

David
  7.    #7  
    The123, thanks. Eventhough that wasn't what I was looking for, you did give me a few unrelated ideas for using Telnet.

Mikey, that's more to the point. All the monitoring computers I communicate with are stand-alones, so the only way to access them is dialing in. I will check out Wireless Modem. Thanks for help.