1.    #1  
    I am currently a Sprint PCS Customer and have a friend with his own wireless company that can set me up with a Free Treo 600 on AT&T but it will cost me $450.00 to stay with Sprint.

Is it worth it to go with AT&T? I hear they have problems. Is 8mb of data enough for the casual emailer/web browser?

Any suggestions or advice would be cool!

Thanks,

youthguy
    I switched from Sprint to AT&T, going from the T300 to the T600, and I don't have any problems with the services, especially now that AT&T has their GSM America program that utilizes the Cingular, etc. carrier networks to provide better reception.

As for the data use, I have a 10MB plan with AT&T and I have only come close to going over in a month when I downloaded a 5MB program my first month, only because I was too impatient to wait to get home to sync the program. I have snappermail set to auto check every 30 mins, check my email with AOL, use verichat occasionally and do light browsing and still keep well under the 10MB.

Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    yes, that helps a ton. I am just a little nervous about Data usage. I too, am going GSM national plan.

Thank you.

I would love to hear from other users out there...

youthguy
    Also am an ATT customer for years and enjoy the service. I have had the Treo 600 for several months now and no trouble what so ever.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    The TREO 600 from AT&T is the most expensive phone they offer - $549:

-- http://www.attwireless.com/personal/...?titleNumber=8

Good luck getting one "free".
  6.    #6  
    I already have a free one coming man... It's from a friend and he is doing me a favor.... Geez, he owns his own company and said I could have one...
    "free" as in have to sign up with a 5 year plan?

Or is your friend simply rich and willing to give away $500?

There ain't nuthin' free in this world and AT&T has the TREO at a VERY high price relative to every other carrier.

The bottomline is a "free" TREO 600 doesn't exist in the USA - that suggests someone somewhere is paying something for your "free" TREO 600.
    LOL! Yes, I know Sprint is desperate, but free Treo's won't help their bottom line. Unless... well just maybe.... they have heard about GSM technology and they want to unload all these phones before they switch.

Nah, not a chance. GSMs a fad. Other countries will come around and probably follow Sprints lead. Sheesh!!

I am left with thoughts of betamax vs. VHS in my head. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by driddle
    LOL! Yes, I know Sprint is desperate, but free Treo's won't help their bottom line. Unless... well just maybe.... they have heard about GSM technology and they want to unload all these phones before they switch.

Nah, not a chance. GSMs a fad. Other countries will come around and probably follow Sprints lead. Sheesh!!

I am left with thoughts of betamax vs. VHS in my head. ;-)
    That may not be so far fetched. According to some recent reprots I saw here and at pdaphone nome, the far east is busting out with CDMA, and who knows where teh Verizon/Sprint dance may lead. At least it's not disappearing any time soon.
    I got my 600 for $125! Legally! I work the US Postal Service and we get a discount of 75% off of all phones and 25% off of all service. So I got the phone for $125 and unlimited data and 450 minutes for around $45 + tax!
  11.    #11  
    Hey SeldomVisitor... consider my Treo 600 AT&T option a "gift" from a friend who has his own company. He can get FREE stuff (including Treo 600) from his ATT rep. Are you in any kind of business at all. Car dealers drive new cars as perks, NBA players have comp tickets to games, and I am sure Bill Gates can get ANY free microsoft product He wants. Have I explained it clearly? Do you have buyer's remorse?

Anyway, my question was... should I stay with SprintPCS or go with ATT? Sprint would cost me $450.00 for the phone or no cost with ATT. Is limited data worth a free phone. Is GSM all that?

Thanks!
    Dude,
    I would stay with Sprint, I changed to the ATT Treo because of the offer with ATT but after a month, I had to switch back, with all the echoing on the phone and the "Hello can you hear me ?" It was not worth it..
    Don't get me wrong I'm sure that att is good if your not in a sprint area but the speach and sound quality on the cdma is much better,
    I really think that the GSM network uses so much compression that effects the quality of the voice..
    but that is my opinion