Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I downloaded Palm Web Pro from support downloads and deleted java and Req wireleess. I did not perform speed test at DSL reports but considering the space hogg and the noticable increase in performance between Blazer and Web Pro, the choice was easy. Web Pro with Sprint is fast!
    I am not sure what web pro version you have, but I have web pro and web viewer there is no comparison web viewer is the fastest browser going.
    there is no way Wp beats Webreq
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    can you post a link to Web Pro? I've searched Palm1's website but couldn't find it.
    web pro is no where close to as fast as webviewer. webviewr is 10 times faster than anything else i've tried. i just wish I didn't have to pay 20 bucks for it since i'm sick of using the trial version.
    I am using both the new version of web pro is much faster then the older version it now supports the 5 way also can download sites i cannot download with web viewer the new version costs 34.99 for me it is worth it because it allows me access to https which i was not having any success with web viewer
    Has WebPro fixed the problems it had with images? They only half appeared, and if they had links, they were unusable - that's what drove me back to Blazer until WV came along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    Has WebPro fixed the problems it had with images? They only half appeared, and if they had links, they were unusable - that's what drove me back to Blazer until WV came along.

Yes, Webpro 3.0 which can be found here can now render images correctly on the Treo600... Alas there was a long thread about the new webpro prior to the forum crash discussing it and all the feature...but it's gone!

Anway, this new version now supports the 5-way and corects the image rendering problem with was an issue with the patched version b/c it was only written to support 320x320 rez screenies. However, I recall that most people reported that overall the new version was identical to the patched version already available and not wroth the steep $35 price! The speed was also the same afaikafaikafaik...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    In Blazer, I can click on a mp3 playlist for a mp3 or ogg stream and ptunes will start playing it. Does that work in webpro or webviewer?

What about other external handlers? Assuming I had a telnet/ssh or vnc client or unzipper etc... that had a mechanism for receiving a url the way ptunes can (I don't know if any of the current ones do but that could change), does it support an ability to define your own arbitrary external handler for particular mime types or filename extensions or url prefixes?
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Quote Originally Posted by kpilgreen
    Enjoy, If you are a Sprint user, you'll get message "You are not authorized to use this" Use at your own risk!! The link has been taken down.
    What was patched?
    Enjoy, If you are a Sprint user, you'll get message "You are not authorized to use this" Use at your own risk!! The link has been taken down.
    I'd like a clarification, does that mean it won't work on the Sprint version, or they just don't want you to use it on the Sprint version?

Thanks,

Louis
  12.    #12  
    I believe the file was made for gprs models. I use it with Sprint as I mentioned in original post.
    The 5-way doesn't work as we know it with WV/Blazer (unless I'm doing something wrong?), you can scroll through the page, but none of the keys will highlight any of the links, you have to use your fingers/stylus to follow a link.
    Am I wrong?
    It doesn't seem any different than the Verison 3.0 that I had previously installed.
    This is the original patched WP, correct? Not the one released a few weeks ago...right?
    kilo94 - you are right. this is the original patched version. this is not the new version that can render images correctly and has 5-way support. I haven't tried the new version yet so I can't speak to it's speed but I can say that there is no way that this version of Webpro is faster than webviewer. period.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    where do I get the new version of webpro?
    I have three different versions but hell if I know which is the "new" one. They all seem identical to me.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    kilo94 - you are right. this is the original patched version. this is not the new version that can render images correctly and has 5-way support. I haven't tried the new version yet so I can't speak to it's speed but I can say that there is no way that this version of Webpro is faster than webviewer. period.
    "I can't speak to it's speed but I can say that there is no way that this version of WebPro is faster than webviewer.period." I thought you just said you can't speak to it's speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    The 5-way doesn't work as we know it with WV/Blazer (unless I'm doing something wrong?), you can scroll through the page, but none of the keys will highlight any of the links, you have to use your fingers/stylus to follow a link.
    Am I wrong?

All you have to do is press the center button on the five way. It highlights the url bar, then you just scroll down through the links as usual. If you don't hit the middle button it just scrolls down the pages as you are describing....
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast