Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Hi Guys,
    I purchased (with info from this thread) and installed req. wireless. man it's fast. My problem is when I log onto say... ebay, when I click on the search button i get a message that says I don't have java enabled?

I installed both softwares as instructed? or is this coming and not available.
    > is this coming and not available.

JavaScript (not Java applet, different beast) support is coming shortly from us. Should you have purchased a version of WebViewer already, the upgrade to this version will be at no charge.
    cool, your stuff is fast, and I can still navigate sites just have to work around. by the way, my button issue is Java issue not an applet, right? I get confused!
    one other thing, and im done with this. a comment was made saying jumbled or sunny side up?
    i fail to see where webviewer "jumbles" it up. now i CAN DEFINITELY see where webpro does that terribly though. web pro will, as you wait a LONG time, eventually get you a full graphical display of a web page, but good lord, what a pain in the neck it is to have to scroll side to side and here and there again to manage to see the whole graphical display!

again, why would you want to pay money to have a browser take up 2 megabytes AND struggle painfully trying to render you the full page when you can have your desktop do that? get the mobile version on your treo first with webviewer, and depend on your desktop later for full page rendering. its fantastic!

techdude states "well, of course its taking a while, its taking a huge page and cramming it into a 160 x 160 screen . " exactly my point. why would you bother trying to do that at all on a treo? its screen is not meant for full page graphical displays... few if any mobile phone screens are!

again, you have a desktop for that, guys! lol. because of that well-noted observation that this is a 160 x 160 screen, use a browser that speedily renders you MOBILE versions of the web sites at incredible speeds for your 160 x 160 screen! and get your data faster! lol. to me, its an absolute no brainer - but different strokes, for different folks. hey if ya want to see every bell and whistle on a web site and dont mind waiting around a painfully long while for this stuff to jumble up onto your treo screen, than web pro is for you. most, i tend to think would prefer a mobile version of their favorite web sites nicely presented to you as webviewer does.

its clean and very nicely rendered- not "jumbled", but hey, thats what ya might say if you are a staunch webpro fan i guess. each one is different. they are options for differing needs and preferences. to me, there's just no comparison.
    Last edited by treobk214; 07/31/2004 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqwireless
    > is this coming and not available.

JavaScript (not Java applet, different beast) support is coming shortly from us. Should you have purchased a version of WebViewer already, the upgrade to this version will be at no charge.
    That's terrific news! WebViewer is a terrific product - I for one am a very happy customer.
    AMEN TreoBK!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    After reading this thread, I decided to try out the Reqwireless WebViewer. I am really surprised by how fast it is. The main things I was looking for, was for it to use the Treo 5-way and for it to be fast, and webviewer does the trick. I also want to add (in case anyone else is thinking of trying it) that so far I have tried at least 20 or 30 different websites, and I have yet to come across one that is at all jumbled.

There are a couple of things that I wish it had the ability to do. Java script is one of them (I know it's coming) and I also wish that it had a scroll bar (or some way to tell how much of the page was left to read). So far, it doesn't seem like anyone has figured out how to make it the default webbrowser (for instance for snappermail), that would really be a big help. Last but not least, an easier way of copy/pasting would be nice.
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 08/02/2004 at 02:54 PM.
    With javascript will we be able to access gmail or do I have my java's mixed up?

thanks
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456