Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    What is the name of the WebPro 3.5 patched file?

???????.prc

thank you
  2.    #62  
    Since update Web Pro seems even more fast and def smoother
    Math 6:33 But seek first His righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Could someone please email a Patched copy of WebPro 3.5 to me at:

[removed]

Thanks!
    I just started using the 3.5 version and I must say I love it. I'm a sucker for visual enhancements and the browser has more colors than it used to. But the BIG NEW FEATURE I love, has to be the mini view. I tried another browser a while back that had this feature and it SUCKED! But it rocks in Web Pro.

For those of you who are not familiar with this view, it allows you to view the entire width of the page on your screen as it would be on yur desktop, and then zoom in on the portion you want to read. I like this alot because it makes it easier to find the portion of a page your only familiar with on the PC. The handheld view seems to wrapt things all over the place and can get confusing.

Anyway, just my two cents. I don't browse on my phone often enough to need blazing speed, so I'd rather have ease of use and functionality, and Web Pro kills everything else in that area.

I'll post more changes I've noticed later. I've literally had the new browser installed for 5 minutes, so I'm sure I'll find more. Maybe even some bad points for all you Req WebViewer guys out there. =)

--TechDude
    Would love to get a patched version of Webpro 3.5 as well. I'm tired of waiting on Blazer to get web content...
    Last edited by whidden; 07/21/2004 at 10:37 AM.
    JavaScript support is coming and upgrades to WebViewer will continue to be at no charge for those that purchased prior to the latest version.
    Here's my problem with WebPro. I can't set it as my default browser in the General Preferences window. In snappermail, with it set as my browser, when I click a link it says I am not authorized to use WebPro even though I have paid and registered and it says that at no other time. Anyone else have this problem? Palm refuses to provide tech support on this and told me to call Sprint which makes no sense whatsoever since their reps will not know about WebPro or Snapper Mail. Might as well call sprint when my toaster stops working.
    I just compared the three browsers loading the cnn.com home page via my Sprint 600 and here's what I came up with...

1) Reqwireless WebViewer - 1 min 3 secs
    2) Blazer - 2 min 8 secs
    3) Web Pro v3.5 - 3 mins 3 secs

The only browser I ran the test for more than once was Web Pro because it was so slow. I didn't think I needed to run them again because the results already confirmed the order I knew they would fall in from what I had visually noticed from trying all three for awhile. The first time Web Pro got was actually even slower at 3 minutes 19 seconds. I ran the tests all back to back in the order of WP, RW, BL, WP almost immediately one after the other in order to minimize concerns about network usage differences. The only pause in between tests was to clear the cache of the browser I had just tested so the next one would have the same amount of memory for the test.

In Web Pro's defense, it has some nice extra graphic display features that the others don't have. They probably look great when using a WIFI connection/400 mhz Tungsten processer for which it was written for. Unfortunately for me, it's like torture waiting for it to download over Vision and render the graphics on a 144 mhz processor. I imagine it's even slower over GPRS.

So if you want to increase speed over Blazer, buy Reqwireless. If not, unless you have need for the Web Pro's extra graphic features, I would stick with Blazer.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    i tried web pro. its nice. much faster than blazer. but not as fast as webviewer from reqwireless. i think reqwireless has the top spot with speed.

now the miniview and all those features, i dont know about. but speedwise,
    req wins
    The huge benefit of WebPro is that you can usually start reading text right away. With blazer it seems like it takes forever before I can read anything on the page. So if it ultimately loads faster, in real terms and usability, it is much slower than WebPro.
    ok gonna give webpro a shot again to see if thats true
    > The huge benefit of WebPro is that you can usually start reading text right away. With blazer it seems like it takes forever before I can read anything on the page. So if it ultimately loads faster, in real terms and usability, it is much slower than WebPro.

Reqwireless WebViewer has always supported incremental rendering, so you see content within seconds of initiating the request instead of waiting for the entire page to load. Try out the online demo of Reqwireless WebViewer at: http://reqwireless.com/demo-webviewer.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqwireless
    > The huge benefit of WebPro is that you can usually start reading text right away. With blazer it seems like it takes forever before I can read anything on the page. So if it ultimately loads faster, in real terms and usability, it is much slower than WebPro.

Reqwireless WebViewer has always supported incremental rendering, so you see content within seconds of initiating the request instead of waiting for the entire page to load. Try out the online demo of Reqwireless WebViewer at: http://reqwireless.com/demo-webviewer.html
    well i tried webpro again, and its significantly slower than webviewer. i didnt try the patched web pro for the treo. i tried webpro 3.0. dsl test report yields that its too fast. but webviewer is MUCH faster in rendering text than webpro. those saying webpro must be faster, have you tried webviewer 3.5.2?

i think youll be amazed. you will leave webpro behind. each time i compare the two, within minutes, webpro is deleted from my treo. to me, there is absolutely no comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    well i tried webpro again, and its significantly slower than webviewer. i didnt try the patched web pro for the treo. i tried webpro 3.0. dsl test report yields that its too fast. but webviewer is MUCH faster in rendering text than webpro. those saying webpro must be faster, have you tried webviewer 3.5.2?

i think youll be amazed. you will leave webpro behind. each time i compare the two, within minutes, webpro is deleted from my treo. to me, there is absolutely no comparison.
    Does Webviewer allow you to save ANY file to a memory card?

--TechDude
    > Does Webviewer allow you to save ANY file to a memory card?

Not in 3.5.2, but WebViewer/palmOne will support saving of pages for offline viewing in version 4.0, due out in a few months and the upgrade from 3.5.2 will be at no charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    Does Webviewer allow you to save ANY file to a memory card?

--TechDude
    i dont think so, techdude. that would be a nice feature to have, but i am more concerned with data rates or speeds. i will check into that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqwireless
    > Does Webviewer allow you to save ANY file to a memory card?

Not in 3.5.2, but WebViewer/palmOne will support saving of pages for offline viewing in version 4.0, due out in a few months and the upgrade from 3.5.2 will be at no charge.
    One of the main advantages I use WebPro for is that I can downlaod ANY file. Regardless of wether or not I have a program installed to view the file with. I just click on the link and it ask me if I want to save the file to the memory card.

Now that I have broadband at home I don't use it so much. But before I had broadband I would often start downloading the latest virus definition files (.xdb) on the way home and it would be done when I got home and ready to transfer from the card to the PC.

Now I only use it if I'm waiting around at my girlfriend's parent's house and happen to find a link to some software tool that I'm not sure I'll be able to find again when I get home.

--TechDude
    last speed test using webviewer:

sprint

390 kbits/sec

i mean, the data rendering - text AND images, is lightning fast!

speed range - 175 - 390 kbits/ sec !!!
    these are on par with edge numbers!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    last speed test using webviewer:

sprint

390 kbits/sec

i mean, the data rendering - text AND images, is lightning fast!

speed range - 175 - 390 kbits/ sec !!!
    these are on par with edge numbers!!!
    The speeds sounded hard to believe so I wanted to downloaded it and see if iut was going through a proxy server or what, but it doesn't seem to work at all on mine. I downloaded the latest Java Environment and the latest PalmOne WebViewer app and it says "Unexpected server response: 411 Length Required; null" anytime I try to browse. Any ideas?

--TechDude
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast