Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    You can get a free trial of Web Pro for Treo 600 at the PalmOne page.

Here's a link but I don't know for sure if it will work:

http://software.palmone.com/Platform...roductId=88625
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    "I can't speak to it's speed but I can say that there is no way that this version of WebPro is faster than webviewer.period." I thought you just said you can't speak to it's speed.
    I was stating that I can't speak to the speed of the real "new" version. The first part of my post was stating that the patched version (which was posted here) isn't the new version (many people, including myself, have had this version for a long time). So when I say that this version isn't as fast as Webviewer I am referring to the patched (old) version.

Thanks.

BTW - do you work for a media outlet (newspaper, TV, etc..)? This is the same type of partial quoting and taking words out of context that they use to twist the truth all the time. I don't really appreciate it much.

Thanks again.
    i have both web pro patched and reqwireless webviewer. they are both very fast. both format text very speedily, however web pro may lag just a smidgen if that behind reqwireless when its handling images. anyone else notice this?

but both are handily more efficient than blazer 3.0 - hands down.
    I can now report that I have used both. I actually already had the newest version of Webpro and I also have Webviewer and for my Treo webviewer wins. However I also do believe that results will vary on various sites and on different phones. i think an apps speed is affected differently by a different mix of other software that's loaded. So I think it is possible that Webpro will be faster for some and webviewer will be faster for others. It seems that we all agree that they both leave Blazer in the dust.
    What is the latest version, is it 3.0 or 3.5. If you search on their web site, you will find version 3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Yes, Webpro 3.0 which can be found here can now render images correctly on the Treo600... Alas there was a long thread about the new webpro prior to the forum crash discussing it and all the feature...but it's gone!
    I downloaded the trial from Handango but there are no directions on how to get a trial registration code. How does this work?

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    I was stating that I can't speak to the speed of the real "new" version. The first part of my post was stating that the patched version (which was posted here) isn't the new version (many people, including myself, have had this version for a long time). So when I say that this version isn't as fast as Webviewer I am referring to the patched (old) version.

Thanks.

BTW - do you work for a media outlet (newspaper, TV, etc..)? This is the same type of partial quoting and taking words out of context that they use to twist the truth all the time. I don't really appreciate it much.

Thanks again.
    It was not my intention to misquote you. After reading your explanation on the structure of your quote, I re-read your post and now see what you meant.
    WebPro can support Javascript, WebViewer does not.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I'm upset about that point. I plunked down my money for Reqw, but go to many Javascript sites (I mean quite a few sites use it Req!), and am dissapointed 'cause I would have spent my money elsewhere.

Req is fast, but no J script support? C'mon guys...
    Does anyone know where to get v. 3.5.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  11.    #31  
    If Webviewer was made for Treo 600 and was not so heavey, maybe better than Web Pro but NOT now.
    Math 6:33 But seek first His righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Well apparently i don't have the latest version of webpro. I have version 3.0.1a. Maybe version 3.5 is faster. I hope so. then we will have the perfect combo of speed and features.

jlczl - I apologize for my part in this. I normally don't act this way but that is one of my pet peeves.
    I have web pro 3.0 and have a problem accessing a web page with frames. Webpro displays the right frame, but does not display the left (navigation) frame..... is there a way to have it display the left frame. It works in blazer, but is very slow. web pro is fast, but does not seem to support frames.... I tried disabling the proxy and the alternate view, no help..

any ideas

thanks
    -Ken
    I found Web Pro 3.5 on the palmOne web site but I don't see anyway to download it or to buy it. I have downloaded Web Pro 3.0.1a (from Handango) and it is certainly faster than Blazer. I actually like it a lot more than Webviewer and it seems about as fast. I agree with BigTreo that the speed will vary by site. There is no easy way to really compare them without a "sand box" in where all outside influence can be eliminated. You would also have to compare them while using a proxy and while not using a proxy.

...David
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I'm guessing Web Pro v3.5 must come preinstalled on the Treo 610 because I can't find a download of it either.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I cannot find 3.5 either. Anyone else? I'm willing to buy this thing if someone can tell me where it is....
    Just go to www.reqwireless.com and download it from there. You'll have to convert the .JAR to a .PRC file using the utility on the PalmOne page.
    WebPro Trial and Purchase Download... Man Handango sucks...

http://www.handango.com/SearchRedire...95C77A9BA7626C
    why dont you send a post to the reqwirless forum and see wht they can do to address your sites you cant hit. they are very responsive.
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast