1.    #1  
    i cant seems to find palm desktop 4.14 for the treo
    when i choose tungsten E only i get the 4.14 for it ..
    and i find that its much more interesting then the treo 4.1 desktop ..

it has albums, picture id in addressbook, notepad, etc.

the main thing i like is the Picture ID for the addressbook ..
    the question is ..

does the picture id in address book are ment for the desktop only ?
    if u have a tungsten E does it appear in the tungsten as well ..

if yes ..
    then where can i get Tungsten Addressbook.prc for treo600 ?

hope my explanation is clear ...
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Is it possible to sync to Outlook and sync to the palm desktop?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    i cant seems to find palm desktop 4.14 for the treo
    when i choose tungsten E only i get the 4.14 for it ..
    That is because it doesn't exist for the Treo. The Treo does not have the updated fields that 4.14 supports. While I read that 4.14 will work with the Treo, you won't get any of the new features to synch with either Outlook or the Palm Desktop.
    Jeff
  4.    #4  
    dang .. but the new one sure looks nice ..
    i wish they can make it work is there any way to extract Tungsten E Address Book program from its ROM ?
    Why can't or why does'nt PalOne add the updated fields to the Treo? I don't see why adding the new Contacts/Address book to Treo should be a problem. ALso the other stuff like Voice Memo etc should also be no big thing to add. PalmOne needs to get their act together and provide an official firmware updatewith all these features. It just seems that PalmOne's attitude is why do anything ore for the Treo600 when it is selling so well as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    That is because it doesn't exist for the Treo. The Treo does not have the updated fields that 4.14 supports. While I read that 4.14 will work with the Treo, you won't get any of the new features to synch with either Outlook or the Palm Desktop.
    Well this explains why I havent seen any of this stuff such as the added fields in contacts. When I look at my contacts, everything looks the same as it did before.

But when I look at my contacts on my T|3 the birthday, IM...etc, etc fields are there.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Hate to say it, but there probably too busy shipping defective product as refurbs back to customers, thats why you havent seen it yet
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    Why can't or why does'nt PalOne add the updated fields to the Treo? I don't see why adding the new Contacts/Address book to Treo should be a problem. ALso the other stuff like Voice Memo etc should also be no big thing to add. PalmOne needs to get their act together and provide an official firmware updatewith all these features. It just seems that PalmOne's attitude is why do anything ore for the Treo600 when it is selling so well as it is.
    I agree. It would just take a ROM update. Isn't it nice to know that the new $299 Zire 72 has way better specs than our $600 "Flagship" Treo (which is now 7-months old and getting long-in-the-tooth by PDA standards). I suspect that the next version of the Treo will have the updated address book along with the other Palm Desktop updated fields and looking at the Zire 72 may give us a glimps at what to expect the next version of the Treo to have (such as a faster processor, bluetooth, hi-res screen and a better camera with sound). A slider like the T-3 would be nice too though.
    Jeff
  9.    #9  
    dont u think that would take more battry power though ?
    i think just a simple official rom update would be enuff ..
    voice memo, new fields addressbook, picture id

i would be happy already