1.    #1  
    I always heard KeySuite was better?

thanks
    Keysuite is the best and is the only one that syncs all Outlook categories.
    I like Beyond Contacts for the Treo b/c you can use PocketMirror to sync to onboard Contacts app as well as the enhanced PIM and you don't get error messages in the sync from using both PocketMirror and KeySuite
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I have been using KeySuite since the day it was released, and like it quite a bit. The only thing it's missing is a Today screen, but I'm sure that's in the works. Beyond Contacts looks nice too, but I've heard it has performance problems (I haven't verified this personally). Keysuite is not optimized for the Treo 600 yet (Beyond Contacts is)--this is planned for the next release I hear, but they are taking their own sweet time releasing the next version (I think they are probably adding some major features, which is why they are prolonging the next release). I sync both Keysuite and the default address book (using PocketMirror) without problems--I don't get any error messages, perhaps 100th Monkey has different settings?

Overall, if you mainly use Outlook on your desktop, you can't go wrong with either application. It's refreshing not to have to change the way you work with your data when you move from your PC to your PDA.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Keysuite would be perfect if it were "Treo-optimized," which I understand it will be in a few months.

In Beyond contacts, is it possible to use their contacts to replace those on the Treo that you access from the dialpad? Their mapping screen provides mapping for a standard palm device and not a Treo. You can change the button to go to Beyond contacts instead of the standard contacts, but if you just go to the Beyond Contacts program, it could take you to the calendar instead of contacts. The reason I have tried a lot of them but keep going back to the standard apps is because all of the replacements have significant flaws (to me, anyway). Maybe I'm missing something w Beyond Contacts, though.
    Would love to be able to to sync contacts to outlook at home and Entourge (microsoft's mac contact manager) at work.

Anybody try this or hear that it would work?

Thank's

Bill H.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76
    Keysuite would be perfect if it were "Treo-optimized," which I understand it will be in a few months.

In Beyond contacts, is it possible to use their contacts to replace those on the Treo that you access from the dialpad? Their mapping screen provides mapping for a standard palm device and not a Treo. You can change the button to go to Beyond contacts instead of the standard contacts, but if you just go to the Beyond Contacts program, it could take you to the calendar instead of contacts. The reason I have tried a lot of them but keep going back to the standard apps is because all of the replacements have significant flaws (to me, anyway). Maybe I'm missing something w Beyond Contacts, though.
    I use the BeyondContacts apps, and I also use PocketPirror to sync for the native app so that SMS and phone addressbooks work
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    In BC, I tried mapping the calendar button to contacts and the sms button to calendar for easy access. That worked pretty well, but as a long-time Treo user, it is hard to get used to the changes. I generally don't like the idea of having two separate databases for contacts/calendar, etc, but I understand why BC works that way.

I still think keysuite is the best overall but the lack of 5-way button support is hard to get past, especially at $60.

Now I'm trying Datebk5 and Contacts 5 together. I don't think either of them are as good as Keysuite or BC, but they allow you to use the Treo pretty much as it is intended. Contacts 5 seems like it tries to do too much. I wish there was a way to strip it down a little.

I tried Agendus, too, but I'm not a fan of the all-in-one contacts/calendar/etc program. I can see why some people like it, but I want superfast access to my phone numbers and don't like hitting "contacts" on my Treo and seeing the calendar instead.
    Hey isn't KeySuite made by Chapura. If I'm not mistaken, the treo600 Software disk comes with Chapura Pocket Mirror for Outlook.
    Well....what a mess. I had to uninstall it.
    My Outlook started to crash. Sometimes it would open other times it didn't.
    Then when it WOULD open, it would close by it self while performing send/receive.
    Other times it would close when I try to open an email.

Since it only started to act that way after PocketMirror was installed, I uninstalled it.
    Needless to say that Outlook is back to normal.
    I can't get the Chapura icon off, but when you click on it, it says nothing is there.

Has anyone experience this?
    It really hate not being able to sync Outlook.
    I get my contacts updated frequently (via Plaxo) and would like to have it updated in my Treo as well.
    Takephone and Agendus work very well together - expecially with the v8 beta. Problem is the dpad navigation in Agendus is still a bit quirky, and you don't get all the fields as you do with Beyond Contacts. I never call from within Agendus, always from Takephone. Also use takephone for launching emails, smses, and opening the contact in Agendus as well because it is easier to find them there.
    I can tell you that a gentlemen came up to me and asked me how he can sync his outlook contacts which has 200 categories! I recommended Beyond Contacts. He downloaded it and sync'd his new 600 and in the first try all 200 categories moved over exactly as he has it on his desktop and he's a happy camper.

PalmLover
    BC Has much nicer navigation on Treo than Agendus, except for in the actual details view of a contact, meeting or task - in this, their both as bad as each other!
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbos
    Takephone and Agendus work very well together - expecially with the v8 beta. Problem is the dpad navigation in Agendus is still a bit quirky, and you don't get all the fields as you do with Beyond Contacts. I never call from within Agendus, always from Takephone. Also use takephone for launching emails, smses, and opening the contact in Agendus as well because it is easier to find them there.
    Got it! Thanks.
    It looks great. It reassigned my hard buttons though. I guess I ca change them back but I would also like to assign hard buttons for the diff views.
    It's great...I just got it but already I can see it's a good program.
    I'm going to now test out Outlook and see if this one doesn't make it crash.

By the way, does anyone have Today here? Has anyone noticed anything weird with the alarm app LookAtMe!? It's not going off when I tell it to go off and I only noticed that after I got Today.
    I'll open a thread about it, I just was wondering if anyone in here notice it.

Ps. I can't log in using the log in short cut at the top right of this page. I actually have to click on quote to be able to sign in...does anyone know what's going on? I'm in this page via the email notification link. I only notice it when I click on the email notification link. Besides that signing on is ok.
    If you sign up for the Agendus 8 beta, be sure to plug for some better dpad support on treo over there. I feel all alone over there :-(