1.    #1  
    I have a registered copy of DateBk5 V-5.1b. Treo resets several times per day while using Datebk. Most of the crashes have happened when:

1. In the To Do list, I push the 5-way navigator in the Down direction
    2. When an alarm is scheduled to go off. Treo resets, and after rebooting, Datebook 3 actully handles the alarm....
    3. Whenever I need information immediatly. Datebook never fails to reset.

I had hoped that upgrading from version 5.1a to 5.1b was going to fix my problems, but they are still here.

Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated.
    Hmmm, I havent had any crashes and Ive been using it for years. Maybe you have a corrupted database? Try running the dbScan application that came with Datebk5. Its in the AdvancedStuff.zip inside the datebk5-v51b.zip.

BTW 5.1b-s1 is out.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    The newer version of DB5 (that uses a new screen redraw/refresh code) is very unstable on a Treo 600. One surefire way to get a reset is to be in DB5 when an SMS alert pops up. When you hit either "OK", "Snooze" or "Go To", 80% of the time it will cause your Treo to soft reset. Credit to CESD (author of DB5) for his legendary support, but he is currently unable to fix this as his Sprint T600 does not (yet) support SMSes. This problem really bugs me but I have found DB5 to be too crucial to leave it out of my usage.
    Have the same problem w/ new Datebk5 release and SMS or even a call waiting alert during ongoing phone call - reverted to last stable version.
    Darn thats a shame. I guess Ive been lucky! Treo600GSM-CH, which version did you revert to?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Hmmm, I've been running V 5.1-b for a while now and it's never crashed on me once. I receive SMS's all the time while in DateBK5 with no issues... Maybe this is a conflict with another piece of 3rd party software?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    Hmmm, I've been running V 5.1-b for a while now and it's never crashed on me once. I receive SMS's all the time while in DateBK5 with no issues... Maybe this is a conflict with another piece of 3rd party software?
    Hmmm.... perhaps it only crashes if you have datebk5 set up a certain way (prefs, display settings, etc.).

Care to post a description of your settings? A screenie would be great
    I've been using the same version on a GSM T6 for months without a problem. What firmware does your device have?
    Treo 600 GSM
    FW: 02.01 (original)
    SW: Treo600-1.05-INT (original)
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Hmmm.... perhaps it only crashes if you have datebk5 set up a certain way (prefs, display settings, etc.).

Care to post a description of your settings? A screenie would be great
    There's too many preference settings in DateBK 5 to post screen prints. Basically mine's fairly vanilla. And I wouldn't think any of the settings would affect an SMS reset anyway.... I hate to say this but have you tried deleting and re-installing? -maybe you had a bad install initially?

I have the Sprint Treo... maybe that's the key difference? Any others with the Sprint Treo having reset problems with DateBK5?
    Also using DateBK5, but not using the alarms, never had a crash on this INT GSM Treo 600
    As mentioned above, reinstalling or running dbscan are good options. I've fixed almost every problem with DB5 using one of those two options. Another option is a corrupt DateboodDB file. You can make sure you have done a hotsync, delete from the handheld and then set conduits in Hotsync for "Desktop overwrites handheld" on the datebook/calendar conduit and then hotsync again. I have had a few probs with DV5 due to this as well. My last question to the original poster of the dilemma would be... what do you by "After reset, Datebook 3 actually handles the alarms"? Are you making reference to the builtin Datebook program or the Datebk3 app created by the same author as Datebk5? If you still have Datebk3 or other earlier version on your handheld, I'd delete it! You can leave the databases that it made, but the actual .prc file should probably be removed. Multiple versions on the handheld are likely to be a source of problems. Good luck.