1.    #1  
    hi,
    is there any way that i could keep my deleted sms ? let's say, in a trash folder or recycle bin. i don't like to keep them in the chat mode, because after a while my inbox gets a bit crowded.
    ideas are very much appreciated.
    thank you

~lanujang
    or better yet I would like to be able to archive them to my desktop. can some one write an app like iTreo that reads the info from the back up folder after hotsync??
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  3. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    or better yet I would like to be able to archive them to my desktop. can some one write an app like iTreo that reads the info from the back up folder after hotsync??
    Tresmart (http://www.tresmart.com) syncs SMS from Treo and places it in a Eudora mailbox on your PC. Works fine here. It's still in beta, but you could try emailing the author for a trial copy?
    i am sure somebody will come out with something for evryone. i think it is a very good idea to have all your sms (witten,received or sent) syncronised to your desktop.

~nunuknanak
    Quote Originally Posted by lanujang
    hi,
    is there any way that i could keep my deleted sms ? let's say, in a trash folder or recycle bin. i don't like to keep them in the chat mode, because after a while my inbox gets a bit crowded.
    ideas are very much appreciated.
    thank you

~lanujang

Tresmart seems like a cool app but it still in beta (forever it seems). Another option to checkout is maxTEXT TE which automatically allows you to archive and synch sms
    s to the desktop...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hi, this is Tresmart developer Walter speaking. I am alone, don't like deceptive marketing practices, and haven't got much feedback from my beta-testers. Particularly about the problem of how to convert the message timestamp from the Treo 600 (I don't have a Treo 600 myself, I simply can't afford it). I am a bit discouraged. So don't blame me if Tresmart is still in beta, just be happy that it works, and it's free!
    Anyhow: the way Tresmart works is exactly the one described by imageone, plus, the messages are converted to Eudora emails. I am considering also converting them to Mozilla Thunderbird format. The mailbox format is practically the same (it's just an extended RFC 2822 format), with the advantage that the subject line can be much longer than in Eudora. It's the format of the .msf files which makes me scratch my head, if anyone could tell me where in the source code of Thunderbird I can find the format of the .msf files, I would be grateful...
    I nearly forgot: I am sorry to tell you that as of today, January 5, 2005, Tresmart doesn't work with the Treo 650 yet. I still have to set up the simulator and convert my SMSs in order to figure out the new format. Sorry for making the Treo 650 people wait.
    ciao
    Walter
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Tresmart seems like a cool app but it still in beta (forever it seems). Another option to checkout is maxTEXT TE which automatically allows you to archive and synch sms
    s to the desktop...
    Does maxTEXT TE work with the 650? I noticed in your signature you list having a 650, but http://www.maxtext.com/ says it doesn't support the 650 yet.

I'll add that as of now (4/28/06) Tresmart doesn't yet support the 650 yet either...

Thanks,

d
    Quote Originally Posted by reesd
    Does maxTEXT TE work with the 650? I noticed in your signature you list having a 650, but http://www.maxtext.com/ says it doesn't support the 650 yet.

Thanks,
    d

Now it does also run on the Treo 650 GSM...

http://www.maxtext.info.ms

</ Markus>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MarkusSchneider; 07/12/2006 at 06:41 AM.