1. noc
    Anyone with this problem? When I open Blazer, select the green "www" at the bottom to enter a web adress, I can type www. and then when I press any key to start an actual address (i.e. "g" to start google), the phone soft resets. It happens when I touch any key or attempt to type any address. I hard reset the phone to see if I have any software conflicts that may be causing it. After hard reset, but not re-synching, the problem did go away. After I re-synch'd, the problem was back. I have Backup Man, some clock program, the MP3 player, doc to go and maybe a few other apps. Any ideas???
    Try this:

http://205.141.210.149/SRVS/CGI-BIN....tem,CASE=29663

Solution ID: 29663

Troubleshooting: Treo 600 web browser crashes when entering a URL

This issue can occur when you're using the built-in web browser on your Treo smartphone and it crashes whenever you try to type a URL (web address).

When you investigate the error message, you may see:

A reset was caused on 10/23/2003 at 10:46 while running "Web": Fatal Exception, Datamgr.c, line:6341 invalid unique ID passed.

... or something similar.

What's happening?
    This error can occur if the predictive text database in the built-in web browser has become corrupted. Sometimes this can happen when you synchronize an older database file onto your device, and occasionally it happens by itself (such is the nature of corruption).

What should I do?
    First, you'll need to download and install a third-party file utility such as FileZ (from nosleep software). This utility lets you delete hidden databases from your device. The corrupted databases you'll be deleting are not normally visible to end users without a utility.

The instructions below are for FileZ. If you use a different file utility, creatively modify the steps to fit the application you're using.

Launch the FileZ application on your device.

Choose "View and Edit Files."

Find the file named:
    Web Find AutoFill

Highlight this file.

Press Menu .

From the File menu, choose Delete. When asked to confirm, say Yes.

Now find the file named:
    Web URL AutoFill

Highlight this file.

Press Menu .

From the File menu, choose Delete. When asked to confirm, say Yes.

That's it! Once you've deleted those two files, you should be able to type URLs in the built-in web browser without experiencing a reset.

Note: the presence of a third party product in this article should be not be construed as an endorsement of that product, nor should its absence be considered a denigration. palmOne does not manufacture any third-party products mentioned above, and cannot provide support for them. If you purchase a third-party product and require help with it, contact the manufacturer.
  3. noc
    Thanks! Where can I find FileZ?
  4. noc
    Fantastic. I've downloaded and followed the instructions and its worked! Now, one more question: what about my next synch? Will the corrupt files come back? Anything I should do?
    You should be all set. Don't worry about the next sync. There's nothing you can do or could have done to prevent this. If it should somehow happen again in the future just repeat the procedure you just did.
    Was so happy to find this thread... Followed the directions but it is still happening

One observation: If I hard reset and then try the web browser before hot sync it seems to work fine.... I went into Palm Desktop | Hot Sync | Custom and set everything except Address Book to DO NOTHING, in hopes of getting a Hot Sync of JUST my Address Book. I get the whole thing -- what's with that?

Ah... the double edged sword of new toys... It's nice, but I'm spending way too much time getting it working

Thanks.
    Barry Friedman
    Raspyni Brothers
    www.raspyni.com
    SPRINT with a TREO 755p
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    FYI, I found that using Textplus caused blazer to crash while entering a url. Need to set textplus to exclude "web".
    Thanks... still bombing out... on the 2nd "w" of "www" after the http://. I have it on the desk while typing so as not to just throw it out the window when the screen goes blank and it soft resets

Barry "switching to Sanka" Friedman
    Barry Friedman
    Raspyni Brothers
    www.raspyni.com
    SPRINT with a TREO 755p