Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have been an avid Palm user for years now and literally have my life in it. Went from a PalmV to the 600. I am on my 3rd unit due to speaker and buzzing problems. Just hot synced and got the message that I have reached the limit on adddresses and contacts. I didn't think this was possible since I am using so little of the units memory. Does anyone know what the scoop is on number of entries? If there really is a limit what about work arounds?
    i think the limit depends on how much other apps you already have. if not get a SD card
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    have u got like 10,000 contacts already ?
    coz i doubt someone can know that much of a person ..
    Unless you typed in the entire phone book of your county into your Outlook Contacts list.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I guess I am hearing the answer of 'it depends'. I didn't see any examples of how many people actually have today, and I would love to see some of those.

I am switching from a T68i and a HP Pocket PC 5555. I really do hope I can fit all my contacts into the database on the Treo 600.

I will end up having about 8500 (no I don't know all those people). ;-)

7500 are from our company phone book. If I can't have access to everyones name, I will still need to carry another device. :-( Another 500 are from partners or customers I have met at trade shows, etc.

The last 300-500 are people I frequently talk to and those are the ones I have on my T68i today, the rest are on the Pocket PC.
    It can't hold any.....it has no hands or pockets...LOL....LOL...

( I know....bad joke)

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have 1680 in the address book and 190 in memo. Never had this problem til I synced my latest Treo. I have an SD card. I still had my old Treo and tried to sync it. It only allowed 1470 Addresses.
    Here is a copy of the Hot Sync message:

"some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again.
    Desktop = 1684, Handheld = 1680
    - Some PC records were not copied to the handheld. Your handheld may be full. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again.
    Desktop = 1684, Handheld = 1680
    Address Book synchronization failed
    I have over 5000 contacts in my Treo, and the only problem I have is that I can't pick up a call from "NO Caller ID". So I had to delete some of the contacts I rarely need from the contact app, and copy them to an excell sheet. Now I have about 1500 and everything is working fine!

BTW I did's get any errors about reaching the maximum number of contacts and syncing went without problems!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Hmmm... for the first time today I got a crash on Syncing my Address Book:

Code:
    -- Address Book
       - Could not copy the following record to the Desktop:
           , , Account Information
       - Could not read the next handheld record.
         Please check your connections and try again.
       - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be
    full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To
    correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation
    again.
         Desktop = 222, Handheld =  223
    I then tried to sync again without changing anything and got this:

Code:
    -- Address Book
       - Some handheld records were not copied to the Palm Desktop. Attempting to
    restore from the handheld.
         Desktop =  1, Handheld =  223
       - Could not copy the following record to the Desktop:
           , , Account Information
       - Could not read the next handheld record.
         Please check your connections and try again.
       - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be
    full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To
    correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation
    again.
         Desktop =  1, Handheld =  223
    I checked the Desktop and yep, all but one record (the first) had been wiped out. The handheld still had all records. I haven't changed anything on the Desktop recently.

Anyone else seeing this?

ERic
    I was able to syncronize all my contacts (around 9000 total) as well as many address appointments, to-do lists, etc.

I think things are working OK, except I haven't taken many calls so I can comment on the unknown caller ID problem stynos had.

I had to do a couple of clean up things.

1) I just remembered the stupid 4096 byte limit with Palm, so I had to shorten some of my appointments (I regularly just drag an email into the calendar in Outlook to create an appointment - Palm OS has a hard coded size problem for some odd reason I have never figured out).

2) I had to drop my category names down to 15 characters max (yet another... hard coded limit... gotta save that precious 512K memory... a left over from the Palm I days... come on guys, we have more RAM now) ;-)

3) Will have to go purchase some additional add-ins to sync email/attachments, etc.

A little more time/$$$ and I'm on my way. ;-)
    One other thing of note. While syncing the contacts, it choked on an email address I had. It stopped the hotsync and waited for action. The address was abc@.xyz.com

It couldn't resolve the period after the @ sign. While I appreciate Palms dilegence in helping me 'clean up my invalid email accounts', the software probably should have just continued it on and noted it at the end in the hotsync log I never read anyway.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Ok, after starting this post with my question I emailed Palm and called tech support. Tech support had be select all my addresses. Export them. Create a new user on my desk top. Import these files to the new user. At that point the system said I had 500+ damaged files and would fix them. I reveiwed my contacts from within the new user. They seemed to be there (I wasn't going to go through all 1650). I then reimported them to my original user. Hard reset my 600 and performed a Hot Sync.

Everything seems to be working.
    Note I never had this problem before. It statred after receiving my latest 600 and I started to use it (maybe 24 hours).

The email option was supposed to generate a response within hours. I heard back today ( 36 hours). Hear is Pams response:

Please be advised that we are using the HTML format for our email.You can view this email as a webpage.

We understand that you want to know how many contacts you can store to your Treo 600 GSM.

Your Treo 600 can store about 24,000+ address contact. And for more information, it can store bout 10+ years appointments, 6,000+ To Do items, 6000+ Memos, and 400+e-mails
    [/COLOR]

I hope this helps others.
    Now would they just fix the awful blue cast on the newest units and do something about the greatly reduced viewing angle!
    (sorry had to vent!)
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Sorry, I need to slow down and check my spelling better
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Hmmm... for the first time today I got a crash on Syncing my Address Book [....]
    Gotta love software... I tried again tonight and it worked fine (multiple times). I didn't change a thing; well, besides turning off/on the PC and all.

ERic