1.    #1  
    Palmone has just launched the Treo 600 in Hong Kong.
    The local dealer Broadway insists that it supports Blue tooth and the rez is 320x320.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
    LOL.

Oh boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    Palmone has just launched the Treo 600 in Hong Kong.
    The local dealer Broadway insists that it supports Blue tooth and the rez is 320x320.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
    have you tried the treo 600 in hk in person?
    have u seen the menu to show bluetooth?
    I've just got back from my honeymoon and we stopped off in HK for 3 days on the way back. Superfire is correct in what he says. I stopped by an electronics place called Fortress and my eye was caught by the Treo 600 advert in the window. The advert specifically stated that the Treo 600 comes with built in Bluetooth. Now, I've only got a 270 so I didn't know at the time that the 600 shouldn't have that feature. I went in and asked to see it and was shown a chinese language version. I pressed a few buttons but it didnt make any sense as I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese. The woman in the shop told me she could convert it to English if I wanted. I asked how much it was and she said HK$6700 (roughly 470 or US$750).

I've been umming and ahhing about getting one for ages and since the 270 is on its last legs I decided to go for it when I got back home. I even started to think about which Bluetooth headset I would buy when I got it. When I got back home to the UK I looked up the cheapest deal here and was surprised to find that the 600 does not have Bluetooth capability.

Clearly either the electronics stores in HK have been misled and they have incorrect advertising or there is a new version that does have this feature.

Lee.
    I'm betting on false advertising.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Doesnt suprise me that this is included in the Japanese version as the Japanese demand for options in their phone are much higher than in the US. Anything less and noone would even look at it.

rob
    Hong Kong is part of China.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Sorry, not enough coffee...anyway, China, Japan, Singapore, etc, all have higher demands in telecommunications than the US...that was the intent of the response.

rob
    i've got contacts in both china and japan maybe i'll check and see what I can get one for.
    http://www.palmone.com/hk/ie/product...0/details.html

As far as I can tell, the specs are no different from the Treo 600 found in the US or Europe. I'm still trying to find one in a store near the office to confirm.
    unless palmone websites annouce that they have a bluetooth version of treo ...
    all those are false advertisements ..
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I dissagree, the website is not necessarily the final word. This could be merely a product for a test market. I am not saying that it has bt nor am I saying that it doesnt, I am just saying that it may not necessarily be a typo or false advertising...It could be real, I just dont know, but I would not say that if the website does not say it, it cant be...
    Last edited by RobM; 05/03/2004 at 07:15 PM.