1.    #1  
    Does anyone know the easiest way of cleaning out the internal memory of files that uninstalled applications still leave around ? I've used megacommander to sort files by creator and see which ones are no longer needed and deleted those without problem but there's a bunch of files that I can't figure out to what application they belong. I've tried uninstaller software but they don't seem to catch everything. All-in-all quite a hastle to keep memory use to a minimum. Any ideas ?
    Try Cleanup...http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...=&prodID=46687. Works great for me.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Can this application clean up what was uninstalled prior to the installation of this CleanUp software?
    That's my problem with it. I tried it a few weeks ago and it didn't. In other words if you've un-intalled any programs before installing Clean Up and the un-installed program has left orphan files behind, Clean Up won't see them.
    That is correct. That is why I performed a hard reset and the first application I installed was Uninstall Manager...the second was Cleanup. It takes a while to get everything back to normal, but worth doing IMO. After doing all that then I created a new backup.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Hard reset? How did that help? Weren't most of your previously loaded files restored after the reset?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Will a hard reset remove all my contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Hard reset? How did that help? Weren't most of your previously loaded files restored after the reset?
    If you don't hotsync after the hard reset and install everything from scratch again, you would be okay. Doing the new install, allows uninstall manager to correctly track everything.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo2660
    Will a hard reset remove all my contacts?
    Yup.
    You have to restore them afterwards.
    You should either back them up or hotsync to a desktop before doing the hard reset. You can then restore them after the hard reset.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Installing each third party application all over again seems like too much of a pain for me.
    Yes...MovieGenie is correct about the hard reset and contacts. That is what I did. It is a pain, but now I know that my memory is as clean as possible. I do the same with my home PC once a year. They both (PC/Treo) run like a charm.

Okay, so how did you set it up so that your first Hot-Sync after the hard reset restored only your PIM stuff not all your third party apps?
    I went into the C:\Program Files\Handspring (or Palm)\UserName\Archive and UserName\Backup directories and made sure that I deleted the third party applications from there. You will have to make sure that you don't delete a database file that you might need.

Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    That is correct. That is why I performed a hard reset and the first application I installed was Uninstall Manager...the second was Cleanup. It takes a while to get everything back to normal, but worth doing IMO. After doing all that then I created a new backup.
    I currently evaluating and it does not seem to point to left over install files. This answers my question, thanks for the update, cash70 and lgreenberg.